Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
EL Patron
Arquitecto
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Don't think they'll play with 3 at the back.

Rafa has always played a 4 at the back. That might change at Napoli, it will be interesting to see.

They need a new keeper and Strootman will slot in nicely behind Hamsik if rumours are anything to go by.

Napoli will definitely be a team to watch in Europe next season with his experience there. Napoli are also one of the best teams to watch on the counter-attack and are extremely lethal at it. Benitez is a talented coach in that depart. The move makes sense. hmm

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Rafa will actually look to do whatever he can in Europe. This is good for Calcio.

Alec Baldwin was useless in Europe, playing a C team when the B team is bad enough :facepalm:

Dustin Hoffman ffs No
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 pm

That's what I always thought Neal. Mazzarri is a carbon copy of Hoffman
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:00 pm

He looks way more like Alec to me rofl

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager - Page 2 Walter10

Can't be bothered finding two seperate pictures but there's one from a google search.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm

@ADLaurentis

I am happy to tell you that a few minutes ago I closed the deal with Psv for Dries Mertens
12:44 a.m. Tue, Jun 25

In the last few days Dries has been in Naples. He told me that he fell in love with our city, with its greatness. Welcome Dries! #ADL
12:45 a.m. Tue, Jun 25

What a GOAT owner :bow:
What Owner goes on Twitter to announce their deal?
Oh wait... ADL does as he did for Benítez and countless other eccentric moves.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 am

Cavani look's off...

Loic Remy to Napoli? Suspect

He's the closest thing to Torres / Cavani out there in terms of playing style I can think of at the moment.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Rafael Benitez wrote:Benitez: It’s not unusual to see my teams play with three centre-backs or with two up front. I know that I have evolved tactically.

Benitez: My methods are based on Sacchi, I like to play with a 4-2-3-1 formation but I have been adapting to other systems in situations.

Benitez: I can assure you that every one of my teams have had no problems averaging 60 goals. You need to score but try to not concede any.

Benitez: I am defensive? Well I can’t understand how they can say that. It came up once ans now it seems my teams never play on the attack.

Benitez: We will be taking a look at a few Spanish players, but I’m not concerned with what nationality – only if they are good players.

Benitez: There is a passion in Naples for the team like I have witnessed nowhere else. Here, football is a way of life.

Benitez: The atmosphere is sensational. The fans applaud me in the street, they call me ‘Rafe, the King of Naples’.

Benitez: We are thinking along same lines. ADL put Napoli at my disposal. He’s a real character. I was amazed the way he deals with things.

Benitez: ADL is the man who took over the club when it was in Serie C1 and look where he has taken them.

Benitez: I’m here because Aurelio de Laurentiis flew out to London to meet me. He made great effort, that showed me that he must be serious.

Benitez: The reason I am at Napoli is because the club and president were the ones who really showed an interest in bringing me here.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 am

Do you think spending 2/3 of Cavani money on a single player is a good idea!!! Higuaine is a great player, but he may not adapt to Italian style or what if he gets injured!

Also, it's not like Napoli has a great team and only need a great striker. If they spend the Cavani money on 3-4 players, the squad will be more competitive.

While it's true that a €15-20 million striker MAY not score as many goal Higuaine MIGHT score and MAY generate less revenue in terms of ticket & kits sales, 3-4 quality signings will actually make the squad more competitive and lucrative.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum