Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
Onyx
55 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carlo Ancelotti - Page 5 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Post by Onyx Wed 26 Jun 2013, 16:45

Paul Clement and Zinedine Zidane will be working alongside Ancelotti as his assistant
full press conference
Ancelotti: "The most prestigious club in world
needs to win, playing spectacular & attacking
football, because of its history & tradition"

Ancelotti: "Coaching Real Madrid is a dream come true for me."

Ancelotti: "I love football, so Real Madrid is a dream"

Ancelotti: "I think this season will be a season of
happiness for Real Madrid."

Florentino Pérez to Carlo Ancelotti: "You know, Carlo, that the Champions League is the most coveted trophy"

Ancelotti: "Real Madrid have done a lot of work to bring me here. Another reason is their good relationship with PSG."

Ancelotti: "Today I can not say who goes or who stays. No time. In the coming days we will know"

Ancelotti: "The squad is very good, in the coming days we will talk to the club, and see what we have to do."

Ancelotti: "I'm a coach and I want to have a good relationship with all the players when I was in other clubs."

Ancelotti: "Zizou decided he would love to have a coaching role, and I think he'll be a very good assistant, happy to have him by my side"

Ancelotti: "One of my responsibilities as a coach is to manage pressure."

Ancelotti: "Having the responsibility of winning the tenth is a huge motivation for work"

Ancelotti: "The current squad has a lot of quality. It won't be difficult to play with an attacking style."

Ancelotti: "Everyone knows that the tenth's is great goal. I have thid ambition and responsibility. Not a problem"

Ancelotti: "It's great to have quality young players from the academy. They have a lot of ambition."

Carlo: "Having young people from the quarry is good, because they have ambition, have enthusiasm."

Ancelotti: "#Zidane will be on with bench with me. The only problem is that he can't play."

Ancelotti: "list of a wishlist? I've no need for this, in days to come we will discuss and take decisions of the players that are needed"

Carlo: "This team is very good, some changes can be done. Do not need alot of things"

Carlo: "It's a dream to be here because RM is a dream for everyone, I'm very happy to have the fortune of coaching a great team"

Carlo: "I think that Real Madrid is the end of my career, my hope is to be here a long time"

Ancelotti: "Falcao is a fantastic player but so are Cristiano, Higuain and Benzema."

Ancelotti: "Modric is more dynamic than Pirlo, Modric play in all the field. Pirlo has a defined position, they're different"

Ancelotti: "Mourinho is a great coach. I have a lot of respect for him but we have different characters."

Ancelotti: "Isco has a lot of quality. He can play for any team. He has fantastic quality.

Ancelotti: "Casillas is a fantastic goalkeeper. He is the captain. He has won it all."

Ancelotti: "@Cristiano is an amazing player. It's an honour for me to work with him."

Ancelotti: "My goal is to do my best, be professional, serious and win trophies."

Carlo: "Kaka know him very well. Hope to see you train and then decide. Kaka is a player of Real Madrid"
End of Carlo Ancelotti's presser. #WelcomeCarlo

https://www.facebook.com/RCFC12man/posts/542437509126223

Referring to the role that Zinedine Zidane will have in the team, he revealed: “He'll be on the bench. The problem is that he can't play... (laughing). Zizou has been a fantastic player and he has now decided to assume the role of manager. I'm very happy to work alongside him. He will be a great assistant, apart from Paul Clement, who is my usual assistant, and Giovanni Mauri, who will be the fitness trainer”.

Concerning the team's reinforcements ahead of the upcoming season, he stated: “The squad is very good. There are many young quality academy players who provide ambition and enthusiasm. This team is very good and there may be some changes, although not many things are needed. I'll be talking with the club over the next few days to see what we need. I'm not able to tell you today which players will stay and which will go. We haven't had time to speak about this and we'll do so in the next few days”.

Asked about Falcao and Isco, Ancelotti pointed out: “Falcao is a fantastic player, but we have Cristiano Ronado, Benzema and Higuain, who are terrific”. Regarding the player for Spain, he stated: “He's very talented. He's a fantastic player and the most talented player in the Spanish U-21 side. Isco could play in any team in the world, although I can't yet tell you if he's a Real Madrid player”.

He also spoke of the playing philosophy he plans to introduce in Real Madrid: “I want a team that controls play, has a good idea of attack and a good balance in midfield. We're going to play offensive football and for that you need talent. This team has it, so it won't be difficult to organise offensive football”.

Asked about the "peace-maker" title that some of the media have given him, he commented: “I've never been called a peace-maker. It's the first time, but I'm a manager that likes to always have a good relationship with the players and I've always managed to. I don't think that Real Madrid needs a peace-maker”. Regarding the pressure that exists within the team, he stated: “I don't think the pressure is greater than in other clubs. The pressure is in the manager's job. Managing it is the problem. I want to work with pressure”.

Referring to future appearances with Mourinho, his predecessor on the bench, he said: “Mourinho is a great manager who I respect. As a person, his personality is different from mine and mine from his. He has all my respect. I don't think it's right to compare me with him. Mourinho did a good job here and I'm going to try to do a good job after him. No comparison is possible. It's up to the president to judge my work. I don't want to know what's happened. It's a new beginning for the players and myself. It's the beginning of a new relationship and I think that it's going to be good and without problems”.

Ancelotti also praised Casillas and Cristiano Ronaldo. He said of the Real Madrid captain: “I know him very well. He's a fantastic and goalkeeper and this team's captain. In football there's a rule that those who deserve to, play. It stands for all players and all teams”. Of the Portuguese player he added: “He's a really marvellous player. It's an honour to coach a player like him, just as it was with Zidane. I can already say that he's on the list of the greatest players that I have coached”.

The Italian spoke of two other players. The first was Kaka: “I know him very well. I hope to see him train and then make up my mind. My view is that today Kaka is a Real Madrid player and we're going to work with him so that he gives his all to do his best as a Real Madrid player. I don't have any other intention”. Modric was the next player discussed, compared to Pirlo: “They are players with different characteristics. Modric is more dynamic and less of a midfielder. Modric needs to play all over the field and Pirlo has a more well-defined position in the midfield”.

Asked about the rivalry that he will have with Barcelona, he stated: “It's a very competitive team, but it's possible to compete well against them. They will be marvellous matches and I don't think we have to fear Barcelona. I'm confident that Real Madrid will be better”. Concerning his reasons for leaving PSG, he said: “I already explained when I announced that I was leaving the club. It's in the past and I want to give thanks for the good experience I had there. I want to wish Blanc and PSG good luck. The two teams have had a good relationship and thanks to that I'm here”.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1330153430276/noticia/Noticia/Ancelotti:_%E2%80%9CI_love_football_so_it_is_a_dream_to_coach_Real_Madrid%E2%80%9D.htm

Carlo Ancelotti was unveiled as the new Real Madrid coach in the Directors’ Box at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium. Amid great anticipation and with a very large media presence, the Italian said: "I am very happy to be here. The objective is very clear. The most prestigious club in the world has to win playing spectacular football because this club’s history and tradition is to play in an attacking and spectacular style. I have the support of the president, the fans and the club and I think this will be a season of happiness for Real Madrid". The president, Florentino Perez, spoke before Ancelotti, about whom he said: "He knows about the best leagues, he knows what it means to be in charge of a changing room at the highest level and has had the dream of being Real Madrid’s coach for many years. A while ago I said that one day you'd be my coach and therefore my wish has come true". The ceremony was also attended by Zinedine Zidane, Emilio Butragueno, Director of Institutional Relations, and several board members.

Carlo Ancelotti's unveiling ceremony brought together representatives from over 180 worldwide media outlets in the Directors’ Box in the Santiago Bernabeu stadium. Florentino Perez was the first to speak: "We are starting, in this, the temple for Real Madrid, a new sporting era with Carlo Ancelotti as the new Real Madrid coach. Everyone who knows him consider him to be knowledgeable about football, an intelligent coach and an excellent human being. He knows about the best leagues, he knows what it means to be in charge of a changing room at the highest level and has had the dream of being Real Madrid’s coach for many years. His serious and serene manner is so evident that perhaps it is hard to perceive the truly professional and sporting side of the football man with an extraordinary track record".

The Real Madrid president spoke about Ancelotti's brilliant career: "As a coach he has led exceptionally great teams such as Juventus, Milan, Chelsea and PSG, among others, and in all of those leagues he was voted as being the best. He is someone who is accustomed to the highest pressures on the most intense benches and he should know, and I think he does know, that nothing that he has experienced will be similar to that awaiting him at this legendary club. Real Madrid are one of the most demanding clubs in all areas and I know he is aware of that because we’re alongside one of the world's great coaches. He is a man who was also an essential piece of what many consider to be the best Milan team ever, lead by Arrigo Sacchi. Arrigo said that Carlo is a man who thinks faster than anyone because even as a player he acted as an extension of the coach on the field".

Carlo Ancelotti was also a player at the highest level and Florentino Perez welcomed him to his new home. "As a player he also won two Champions League titles. You know, Carlo, for Real Madrid that is the main competition and the most coveted title as much for our members as for our fans. From now on, you will feel what Real Madrid are all about. You will feel the support and encouragement of everyone associated with the club. Our fans are certainly demanding but they are very loyal and they are with their team until the end". Finally, the Real Madrid president showed his gratitude to Ancelotti’s previous club: "Thank you to those in charge at PSG. Especially to their president, with whom the talks have always happened in a flawless manner that is befitting of these two clubs that are friends. Years ago I said to you, Carlo, that one day you'd be my coach. That day has come and I have fulfilled my wish. The challenge begins here and here the challenges are always exciting and enormous. Welcome to your Santiago Bernabeu stadium, welcome to Real Madrid".

Ancelotti spoke in the Directors’ Box and said: "I feel excited. Please excuse my Spanish, but I will improve it quickly. I am very happy to be at the most prestigious club in the world. I am conscious of that and so I'm very happy. I want to thank the president, Florentino Perez, and the club's director general, Jose Angel Sanchez, who have done a lot of work for me to be able to be here today. At the same time I want to thank PSG for the experience I had in France. The objective is very clear. The most prestigious club in the world has to win playing spectacular football because this club’s history and tradition is to play in an attacking and spectacular style. We will work on playing football that fans will enjoy. The job is not easy and it is not always that case that it is easy for a coach to do their job, but we’ve been to Real Madrid’s Football City and it is fantastic. Everything that we need is there and I think the work that we will do will be very good. I have the support of the president, the fans and the club and I think this will be a season of happiness for Real Madrid". The ceremony ended with a group photo of Florentino Perez, Ancelotti, Zidane, Emilio Butragueno and the rest of the board members.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1330153424646/noticia/Noticia/Carlo_Ancelotti:__I_am_very_happy_about_coming_to_the_most_prestigious_club_in_the_world_.htm

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:45; edited 7 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 26 Jun 2013, 16:49

Ancelotti looking to play attractive football. Looking forward to the season starting.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 26 Jun 2013, 16:55

Humble & respectful Proud

He better bring Isco though Clubber
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:21

Good words. Hope he achieves what he wishes. Good Luck C.An!

Looks like Isco deal is not done yet??

Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:30

Yohan Modric wrote:Ancelotti looking to play attractive football. Looking forward to the season starting.

Yeah, this sounds great but that's a very tall order for any RM manager: playing attractive football and winning trophies. Do people here really feel he is going to raise the stakes and take on developing unproven youngsters as well?

I have no doubt the press will be on his side after going head-to-head with Mourinho for 3 years, but I wonder just how much patience they (and the president) will show him when things go bad. Remember, a season where we finished 2nd in La Liga, made 3rd successive CL SF and Copa Final was described as complete failure. I have serious doubts if he can win La Liga first time round (his League winning record is pretty poor to be honest, just 3 in 14 years he spent with huge clubs) and he is going to need a lot of luck to improve our CL record. Just to be perfectly clear, I'd be more than willing to give him 2 full seasons to fiddle with the team anyway he sees fit, even if it does cost us a couple of titles, but I am not convinced he'll be allowed that much time.

Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:34

Moment things go south, the press will turn on him in a blink of an eye.
I just want stability and season far better than last.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:10

I don't think developing youngsters should be something that is forced. Only exceptional youngsters in Castilla should be given a chance.

Youngsters shouldn't be playing just so the club can tick a box saying 'give youngsters a chance'.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:13

Clandestino wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Ancelotti looking to play attractive football. Looking forward to the season starting.

Yeah, this sounds great but that's a very tall order for any RM manager: playing attractive football and winning trophies. Do people here really feel he is going to raise the stakes and take on developing unproven youngsters as well?

I have no doubt the press will be on his side after going head-to-head with Mourinho for 3 years, but I wonder just how much patience they (and the president) will show him when things go bad. Remember, a season where we finished 2nd in La Liga, made 3rd successive CL SF and Copa Final was described as complete failure. I have serious doubts if he can win La Liga first time round (his League winning record is pretty poor to be honest, just 3 in 14 years he spent with huge clubs) and he is going to need a lot of luck to improve our CL record. Just to be perfectly clear, I'd be more than willing to give him 2 full seasons to fiddle with the team anyway he sees fit, even if it does cost us a couple of titles, but I am not convinced he'll be allowed that much time.

All that you said is true. Coaches know what they are getting into. It is kinda one-night stand with a celebrity. If it works, they stay little longer and if it doesn't, they have still slept with the best. In between this everybody including media and us get a lot to say and discuss and the saga continues. It is a soap opera that never ends or a Circus that comes sooner every year. Very Happy

Pure entertainment, which keeps lot of jobs, but for one i.e Coach's Wink
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:26

Wow, can't believe this will be Carlo's last stint. I wish the best of luck to him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:29

Nah he said:

"I don't think Real Madrid will be the end of my career but my hope is that I will be here a long time."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:46

Yeah... he clearly said that he wants to continue managing for a long time and that he doesn't think Madrid will be his last stop. And it won't be... our managers have average not quite 2 years since the 70s Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:47

Initially I was a little bit against Ancelotti, but at least he is really likable and classy guy. Then again at this point I would have accepted almost any manager who is not as controversial as Mou. Really interested to see what kind of formation he will use in the pre-season.

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think developing youngsters should be something that is forced. Only exceptional youngsters in Castilla should be given a chance.

Youngsters shouldn't be playing just so the club can tick a box saying 'give youngsters a chance'.
Of course not, but letting go players like Carvajal, Sarabia and Mata who are core of the NT youth teams and we could have used them ourselves is stupid. Just hoping we won't fail same way with Jese.

One thing I don't understand in the managers here is that they are so afraid to put some youngster to the final minutes in the game when we are clearly winning. It's not like they will go and score own goals for fun or ruin whole formation. Putting players like Carvalho or Kaka to the dying minutes is not gonna help them or us in any way in such a situations. Don't have high hopes that Ancelotti is going to give youths many chances either, just not his style.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 26 Jun 2013, 19:07

Didn't like this Carlo: "Kaka know him very well. Hope to see you train and then decide. Kaka is a player of Real Madrid"

Liked this :

Ancelotti: "Falcao is a fantastic player but so are Cristiano, Higuain and Benzema."

Hopefully he can change Pipita's mind :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 26 Jun 2013, 19:11

No thanks to CF rotation anymore. Hurts both our strikers..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 26 Jun 2013, 19:59

LeGladiator wrote:Humble & respectful Proud

He better bring Isco though Clubber

I love how he praised Isco but then said he couldn't tell whether he would be a Madrid player or not rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Wed 26 Jun 2013, 20:41

FINALLY Attractive Football will be back!! but i am really hoping he can AtLEAST match the Free-flowing, Attacking and creative style of football that Pellegrini had introduced!

Somehow, his Italian background makes me not believe his promise for Attacking/beautiful football... : (
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu 27 Jun 2013, 13:45

Do you think we'll see the return of the 4-4-2 diamond he used at Chelsea?

Casillas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
New DM
Modric-Isco
Özil
Benzema-Ronaldo

With a strong DM it is doable, might need to rebalance the team for tougher games but with that kind of on ball talent all over the pitch we will be dominating games and need that extra creativity.

Ancelotti previously played it with Lampard, Ballack and Deco with Essien behind them. Anelka and Drogba up front.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 27 Jun 2013, 23:09

Who gets to use the space on the left wing is something I feel will be determining next season.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 05:24

isco will. ronaldo will play LS and can drift to the wing as needed
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 12:01

I read that Ancelotti wanted Modric at PSG. Good to know, maybe he will be the coach that finally benches Alonso for Modric tbh. Ancelotti knows how to use his midfielders, he was the first one to use Pirlo as a DLP back when he was used as an attacking midfielder.

Hopefully he sticks with 4-2-3-1 aswell.

Carvajal - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
New DM - Modric
Özil - Isco - Ronaldo
Benzema
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 12:33

ozil on the wings Laughing

Since the guy wants a pure DM I can see him going with a 4-3-3 formation something like this:

Iker
New DM
Modric-Isco
Ozil-Ronaldo
Benz

when we attack it will look something like this:

-------iker
-----varane----------Ramos------
---------------dm-------------------
-Carvajal----modric-------------
---------------ozil----Isco--marcelo
------------benz---------ronaldo

with Carvajal running up and down that right flank sending in crosses and sometimes staying back and marcelo helping ronaldo out to get past players and cut in to give another passing outlet up top

and when defending:

-----------iker
Carvajal-varane-ramos-dm
----------modric--isco
Ozil--------benzema----

-------------------------marcelo
-----------------------------ronaldo

ronaldo and marcelo strolling back hand in hand while the dm does karcelos dirty work which is why we need a fast dm who doesn't mind going into tackles.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Fri 28 Jun 2013, 14:11

halamadrid2 wrote:ozil on the wings Laughing

Since the guy wants a pure DM I can see him going with a 4-3-3 formation something like this:

Iker
New DM
Modric-Isco
Ozil-Ronaldo
Benz

This is way too fragile, we have 4-5 guys who don't defend and one who can't - Marcelo. Would never work in real life and I'd be shocked if any Italian coach would use so many flair players at once. Maybe in a home game against one of the newly promoted sides if we needed to chase the score, but it's a highly unlikely scenario.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll be seeing a lot of Arbeloa and Coentrao (can't imagine why we'd sell him anyway), as well as Khedira. I also maintain that Carlo's first order of business is getting a striker in, and then a DM, but that discussion has been beaten to death already. We'll just have to wait it out.

In any case, the pre-season can't come fast enough!
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri 28 Jun 2013, 14:56

If he really wants a DM he should get Matuidi. But if we buy Gundogan, he is compatible with Khedira IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 17:06

Clandestino wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:ozil on the wings Laughing

Iker
New DM
Modric-Isco
Ozil-Ronaldo
Benz

This is way too fragile, we have 4-5 guys who don't defend and one who can't - Marcelo. Would never work in real life and I'd be shocked if any Italian coach would use so many flair players at once. Maybe in a home game against one of the newly promoted sides if we needed to chase the score, but it's a highly unlikely scenario.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll be seeing a lot of Arbeloa and Coentrao (can't imagine why we'd sell him anyway), as well as Khedira. I also maintain that Carlo's first order of business is getting a striker in, and then a DM, but that discussion has been beaten to death already. We'll just have to wait it out.

In any case, the pre-season can't come fast enough!

Modric defended fairly good last season I thought and I think for thjs formation that will be enough. Not too defensive but not too reluctant to defend either perfect balance for a CM. Then you have Isco who tracks back as well from what I have seen of him. The thing is Cland once DiMaria leaves it wouldn't matter which formation we use or who we put in because we will be lacking in a certain area. Play Khedira and the CBs will have to find passes because he is so bad play Modric, isco and ozil together and you don't have the sharpest tools in defence. But but but notice how all these are comfortable with the ball I was more thinking they pass it out of dangerous situations given their great technical ability and press straight away after they lose the ball. They do that and it should work.

this season the thing we lacked the most were good passers and a good dm because we kept getting countered and our pivot were so slow a turtule could run past them.

And I agree with you I have this disturbing feeling we will see Arbeloa and Khedira alot unfortunately -.- . Cacktrao not sure, the rumours of him leaving are heating up and we are looking for a replacement to him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Fri 28 Jun 2013, 18:23

Im glad Alonso will be benched for Modric! Modric, the mobile midfielder wiith great passing and shots and dribbling, is needed in the energetic midfield of los blancos.

if khedira can be forced to stick to DM and not be B2B? hmm
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 28 Jun 2013, 18:33

Can't buy a player that a club isn't willing to sell. Forget about Matuidi, he isn't available...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next