ExtremistEnigma
Art Morte
Unique
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carlo Ancelotti Empty Carlo Ancelotti

Post by Unique Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:08 pm

it dont take a master mind to know that sacking rodgers and getting Carlo Ancelotti will sort the team out right away. the problem with american owners is if you dont play sport with a bat or a crash hemet then they are stumped.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Carlo Ancelotti Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Ancelotti would not come to this Liverpool, fact.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:Ancelotti would not come to this Liverpool, fact.
if he is out of work and we bribe him he will come. but the owners will have to spend money for a change. and by that i mean spend money without selling our best players first.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Not happening. We'd be lucky to get Big Sam tbh
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 pm

There are plenty of good managers available, they just don't all have big names and great CVs. But Ancelotti is definitely someone who is not going to take on a would-be-CL-team project - and nor I believe he would be the best fit for us.

I mean, come on, if your last three clubs are Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid, you're not going to come to a non-CL Liverpool, are you.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:57 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Not happening. We'd be lucky to get Big Sam tbh
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Art Morte wrote:There are plenty of good managers available, they just don't all have big names and great CVs. But Ancelotti is definitely someone who is not going to take on a would-be-CL-team project - and nor I believe he would be the best fit for us.

I mean, come on, if your last three clubs are Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid, you're not going to come to a non-CL Liverpool, are you.
i get what your saying mate but if the owners ever want to see liverpool back in the big time they have to put in a big investmant and try to get somone like carlo. taking chances on players and managers is whats cost us over the years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:22 am

Klopp >>>>>
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:24 am

Red Alert wrote:Klopp >>>>>
i dont trust him to turn it around tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:30 am

That's nice.

Klopp >>>>>
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:58 am

Carlo and Klopp... either one. I think Klopp is better suited to build a project however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:20 am

I don't think Carlo would do well with us. He's a manager you get when you already really good but just can't get over the line in CL etc. like City for example.

Klopp is the one you get when you build from scratch.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:31 am

we need world class players with a world class manager. carlo is world class. if we cant get him then bad luck. but we should try for him. for 20 odd years we have taken a chance on difernt managers and differnt players. its about time we stopped taking chances. we need to get class in and then go from there. chelsea and city have done it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:32 am

Red Alert wrote:That's nice.

Klopp >>>>>
this is better <<<<<

Last edited by Unique on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:32 am

Carlo is as stubborn as Rodgers but I guess atleast he can back it up via his achievements and I guess he's experience.

Saying that, he won't work at Liverpool.

He's not that good of a manager if you're trying to improve in the league. He's literally failed in the league at almost every team he's managed bar Chelsea. He doesn't believe in youth or rotation. It's why he was successful at Chelsea. Overall he's talented when it comes to European cup games. One of the better tacticians. But we don't need that now.  

He's a short term manager. He doesn't believe in projects or building a team, he wants a top team he can just tweak a little bit for instant success.

Klopp wants to build a dynasty. He'll show more passion than Carlo will. His project at Dortmund is one of the best I've seen. Reminds me of Simeone's Atl. Madrid. He rose to the top with a limited budget and knocked Bayern off; not an easy achievement. He showed "character" as well. He lost a TOP player every window and his team never really crumbled until his last. He builds a system; he doesn't build the team around a player. On the pitch he's amazing. Incredibly smart and IS PROACTIVE!!! How long has it been since we've had a manager that we can say that about?? He also genuinely wants his team to play football. He made every single Dortmund player passionate about playing football. Off the pitch he's just as good. Has an awesome connection with fans and his transfers are brilliant. I can go on and on but at the end of the day we *bleep* up BIG in the summer when we didn't approach him. He is everything we need and probably the only manager that can get us out of this slump now Rafa's gone to Madrid.

Last edited by Red Alert on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:33 am

Unique wrote:
Red Alert wrote:That's nice.

Klopp >>>>>
this is better <<<<

Carlo <<<<< Klopp

Whatever floats your boat.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:37 am

Red Alert wrote:Carlo is as stubborn as Rodgers but I guess atleast he can back it up via his achievements and I guess he's experience.

Saying that, he won't work at Liverpool.

He's not that good of a manager if you're trying to improve in the league. He's literally failed in the league at almost every team he's managed bar Chelsea. He doesn't believe in youth or rotation. It's why he was successful at Chelsea. Overall he's talented when it comes to European cup games. One of the better tacticians. But we don't need that now.  

He's a short term manager. He doesn't believe in projects or building a team, he wants a top team he can just tweak a little bit for instant success.

Klopp wants to build a dynasty. He'll show more passion than Carlo will. His project at Dortmund is one of the best I've seen. Reminds me of Simeone's Atl. Madrid. He rose to the top with a limited budget and knocked Bayern off; not an easy achievement. He showed "character" as well. He lost a TOP player every window and his team never really crumbled until his last. He builds a system; he doesn't build the team around a player. On the pitch he's amazing. Incredibly smart and IS PROACTIVE!!! How long has it been since we've had a manager that we can say that about?? He also genuinely wants his team to play football. He made every single Dortmund player passionate about playing football. Off the pitch he's just as good. Has an awesome connection with fans and his transfers are brilliant. I can go on and on but at the end of the day we *bleep* up BIG in the summer when we didn't approach him. He is everything we need and probably the only manager that can get us out of this slump now Rafa's gone to Madrid.
his record is 50-50. so again its another gamble. why take another gamble. carlo has done it all. why not go for a world class manager thats done it all.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 am

Carlo is a bigger gamble than Klopp you fool.

Carlo hasn't build a side since 2009. Every club he's been to during and after Chelsea were already made for him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:50 am

Red Alert wrote:Carlo is a bigger gamble than Klopp you fool.

Carlo hasn't build a side since 2009. Every club he's been to during and after Chelsea were already made for him.
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999
Milan (2001–2009)UEFA Champions League: 2002–03, 2006–07
UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007
FIFA Club World Cup: 2007
Serie A: 2003–04
Coppa Italia: 2002–03
Supercoppa Italiana: 2004
Chelsea (2009–2011)Premier League: 2009–10
FA Cup: 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 2009
Paris Saint-Germain (2011–2013)Ligue 1: 2012–13
Real Madrid (2013–2015)UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014
Copa del Rey: 2013–14

T-Home Supercup: 2008[3]
Bundesliga: 2010–11,[4] 2011–12[5]
DFB-Pokal: 2011–12[7]
DFL-Supercup: 2013,[28] 2014[28]
UEFA Champions League runner–up: 2012–13[11]

yep. klopp takes him. and dont call me a fool.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:04 am

Carlo is hands-down a better manager/tactician than Klopp is, but like Mourinho, he needs a ready-made team to actually work his magic. Klopp is well-suited for a team like us at this point, but let's not get ahead of ourselves; as much as he has achieved so far, managing in Premier League and Bundesliga are two completely different prospects.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:12 am

Not that either of them is imminent, but I believe Klopp is more imaginative and flexible than Ancelotti and he can not only make most of the present squad but he can also adapt better than different tactical scenario.

unique wrote:we need world class players with a world class manager. carlo is world class. if we cant get him then bad luck. but we should try for him. for 20 odd years we have taken a chance on difernt managers and differnt players. its about time we stopped taking chances. we need to get class in and then go from there. chelsea and city have done it.
I disagree. True, no world-class manager can achieve anything even decent with things like Konchesky or N'gog; but the hallmark of a truly great manager is his ability to achieve something without optimum resources.

Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Rafa, Simone and many other managers have been successful with number of decent/average players in the squad. What happens is, when you have a great manager and he starts getting success; you start accumulating star players.

EE wrote:managing in Premier League and Bundesliga are two completely different prospects
At least we wont be as listless as we are now, right???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Klopp is >>>>> gamble than Carlo. It is not Carlos mistake that he got the squads like Chlesea/Madrid /PSG Laughing he can make sure that you have a suitable squad to achieve your goals. But before those teams he has also built up his own squad at Milan who were suckin straws before he went there. He has proved it with all the squads he has managed till now that he can make small tewaks here and there to get the best out of all available players and make the system work (recent example Di Maria at Madrid or even you could say Pirlo at Milan). It is not like it is completely unknown to him about how to build a good team. With the players we have, it is not like Carlo will need 2-3 windows to build a good squad. He can get results even with the current set of players. Carlo has weaknesses but those weaknesses wont hider us for next 2-3 seasons if he is in charge of Liverpool.

Klopp on the other side, is not a bad manager in comparison to Carlo at all. But Klopp has experience at only one club as a manager. And who says his tactics in BL and with the set of players he had, it is going to work here in EPL also. Well on one side, he has built a great squad from scratch, he dealt well with the loss of several key players but on the other side, his side was facing relegation at one point (which is scary), doesnt matter how many injuries he had he still had a squad/team better than at least 10 other teams in BL.

The main reason with Carlo is, he can teach some basics of football to our naive management. Carlo with authority can tell Henry and people that 'Boss, I need that otherwise you can just gtfo'. He wont spend 100m on 10 players just because of some stupid committee or Ayre tells you 'look we will throw some cash at some player in Serbian league and lets see if he can be our Suarez.'

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:41 am

Any truth in the stories that LFC is talking with Carlo Ancelotti???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 am

As of now, Mirror, DailyMail and Guardian are reporting it. I guess it is Mirror who are linking it to 'an exclusive report in Italian publication Calciomercatoweb'. I have no idea how reliable it is.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:27 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3245888/Liverpool-make-contact-Carlo-Ancelotti-pressure-mounts-Brendan-Rodgers.html

cheers cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next