M99
rwo power
VivaStPauli
Casciavit
barca 2011
74 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Official Retirement Appreciation Thread

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:12 pm

One of the few great players that probably no one dislikes. What a legend

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Official Retirement Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:29 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Meh I can't be the only one who feels nothing when these legends leave Europe and then Retire 2-3 years later.

It just feels like he retired when he left Juventus to me, felt the same when Henry retired.

I'll remember him for the player he was but it feels so anti-climatic when he's been practically retired for 3 years anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Same thing Mole, i basically accepted Buffon retired in 2012
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Pirlo :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh I can't be the only one who feels nothing when these legends leave Europe and then Retire 2-3 years later.

It just feels like he retired when he left Juventus to me, felt the same when Henry retired.

I'll remember him for the player he was but it feels so anti-climatic when he's been practically retired for 3 years anyway.

Typical millenials. Making it all about how YOU FEEL. This is not about you Mole ffs Laughing

Of course it's one step towards retirement already when you leave Europe for MLS. Of course that dampens the FEELING when these players retire after a couple of years being out of sight.
This is not some great insight of yours that you're telling us.
Everyone knows that.

But nevertheless, he's formally retiring and that should be sufficient occasion to muster up respect and admiration for a legend, and expressing that respect and admiration, if you want to.
That's ALL there is to do. But of course, you need to add some sentence beginning with "Meh, I..." Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks you for everything you legend.

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spieler-trikot.de%2Fimages%2Fproduct_images%2Finfo_images%2F_57-ze-roberto.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spieler-trikot.de%2FFussball-Bundesliga-Trikot%2FBayern-Muenchen-Trikot-Fan-Shop%2FAdidas-FC-Bayern-Muenchen-Trikot-11-Ze-Roberto-2002-03-T-mobile-Herren-S-M-L-XL-XXL.html&docid=P3dyh_9kDzq8rM&tbnid=9QK12yQMQ4cmUM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwihk5S2hdzXAhWS2qQKHe7yAHcQMwhTKCIwIg.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Kaka retired

My all time favorite player, loved him to death. Thanks for the memories champ Heart

Last edited by Kaladin on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Last player to win Balon D Or that was not Messi/Ronaldo.

Legend, my all time favorite too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 pm

One of my favourite players ever.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 pm

He produced countless moments of magic in his prime at Milan. But the one performance I will never forget is the one against United. My god, he was brutal in that one!

I think it's not an overstatement to say that he made Old Trafford quiver in fear in the first leg before single-handedly burying the Red Devils under the ground of San Siro.

An extremely talented footballer of the highest order and another unlucky Brazilian ruined by injury.

He never made his presence felt at the Bernabeu but that's not going to prevent this Madrid fan from standing up and applauding this legend.

Thank you Kaka for blessing us with your talent. Your name is already shining bright in the Hall of Fame of the Greats.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:54 pm

One of my favorite goals ever. :bow:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm

^ That goal was one of the many magical moments I was referring to in my previous post.

He won the ball off Fletcher, lifted it past Heinze and practically turned Evra inside out. A beautiful, beautiful goal!

And let's not forget, he didn't do it against Moyes' United or Van Gaal's, he did it against a damn fine Ferguson-led Manchester side, the champion of England back when the EPL was the undisputed best league in the world.

It's such a shame that he got riddled with injuries and couldn't stay consistent at the highest level because, technically speaking, he was up there with the best of this generation.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Despite sucking donkey balls at Real Madrid... i respect his career at AC Milan. Great player. Not in the same league as Dinho though, whom I consider the best player of that generation for Brazil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:30 pm

He had some great moments at Madrid too tbf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 am

Tomas Rosicky has retired from professional football.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:52 pm

One of my favorite players. RG knows this well, of course.

Delightful in his prime with Koller at Dortmund.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Benzema is basically retired. So is Bale. Might as well put these two on here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey Sports, the heading reads Appreciation thread! Nope those two don’t belong here either!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Hey Sports, the heading reads Appreciation thread! Nope those two don’t belong here either!

I would appreciate it if they retired :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 13, 2018 12:42 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Underrated player.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Respect to Motta. He was the kind of player of I like. Beast in his prime and lasted surprisingly long. The injuries were always unfortunate.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Van Gaal has announced his retirement.

One of the greatest footballing minds of all time imo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:Van Gaal has announced his retirement.

One of the greatest footballing minds of all time imo.
Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Fcbhippo%253Axtralargesixteentonine%3Fv%3D1552319026890
Uli Hoeness wrote:Louis van Gaal is one of the best managers in the world when it comes to pure football knowledge.
In my view, he is responsible for the FC Bayern thoroughly transforming its football. Ball possession, positional play - he decisively initiated these things. Jupp Heynckes and Pep Guardiola then continued with, and improved on it.
We are still profiting from his ideas to this day.
But he's also a human being that's not easily allowing people to come near him; with me there was always distance so we never did get as close as I would have wanted.
As an expert and a professional I continue to hold him in high regards, however, and I wish him all the best for his future, as he's declared his retirement today.

https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2019/03/hoeness-zum-van-gaal-ruecktritt-profitieren-bis-heute-von-seinen-ideen

Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 13 Imitador-van-gaal-protagonista-inglaterra-1454316270560

Molenation
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next