danyjr
Rev
MaestroFavre
Grooverider
Lex
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Continuing in my role as devil's advocate his failure in Europe this season was largely due in part to being in a group with two eventual semi finalists and legit contenders for the trophy.

City were also in a tough group the year before since they had Bayern and a dynamic energetic Napoli side to compete against. His failure is Europe while rightly criticised weren't exactly major failures in my eyes.

Having said that I do feel his time at City has run it's course. I don't think he has anything new to offer City and he should feel happy that he is leaving the club in a better position than when he found it. Overall not a major success but I wouldn't say he was terrible either.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Lex wrote:How can anyone feel sorry for a man who's £7.5 million richer?

Mancini has made more money getting fired from a job than average Joe gets from working 200 years straight

Capitalism Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 am

#RiseComrades
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 am

Mancini has an outstanding CV but I really don't think he's that much of a manager. He's been fortuitous wherever he's went to say the least.

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 15, 2013 5:04 am

Grooverider wrote:
MaestroFavre wrote:God I hope they really don't get Pellegrini . : No I want them to stay crap forever and have a boss who doesn't have a clue about squad building and improving the squad and someone who can continue their binge spending on useless players. Crying or Very sad

His sacking is taking longer than I expected though. :coffee:

ok ill start....Milner :facepalm:

Except he isn't useless? lol

He's probably one of the few signings that actually went okay for City...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed May 15, 2013 5:10 am

ynwa wrote:
Grooverider wrote:
MaestroFavre wrote:God I hope they really don't get Pellegrini . : No I want them to stay crap forever and have a boss who doesn't have a clue about squad building and improving the squad and someone who can continue their binge spending on useless players. Crying or Very sad

His sacking is taking longer than I expected though. :coffee:

ok ill start....Milner :facepalm:

Except he isn't useless? lol

He's probably one of the few signings that actually went okay for City...

Milner probably the 3rd best City player this year, behind Zab and Nastasic.

I like Milner and what he brings should have started him for the Fa Cup instead of that useless Nasri Mad
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 15, 2013 5:24 am

Exactly my point. He's class as a player - although you did overpay to get him. Very unselfish too, will play wherever he's asked too. Every team needs a player like him. Underrated by many on here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 15, 2013 5:29 am

I would take him back.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 15, 2013 6:08 am

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 Tumblr_mmnirrtGvN1r2xls3o1_500

Sad sacked mancini is sad

You can take his job but not his scarf
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 am

Zealous wrote:Continuing in my role as devil's advocate his failure in Europe this season was largely due in part to being in a group with two eventual semi finalists and legit contenders for the trophy.

City were also in a tough group the year before since they had Bayern and a dynamic energetic Napoli side to compete against. His failure is Europe while rightly criticised weren't exactly major failures in my eyes.

Having said that I do feel his time at City has run it's course. I don't think he has anything new to offer City and he should feel happy that he is leaving the club in a better position than when he found it. Overall not a major success but I wouldn't say he was terrible either.
Let's just say I could have come last in those groups with my school's team. What is the point of the manager? Energetic Napoli and Ajax? How come City weren't as energetic as those teams? Poor coaching is the only reason. And you spend all this money so you have a go against those so called title contenders. He did none of that.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 15, 2013 8:30 am

I think a few things led to this.

Youth academy, not too long ago I read an article about City youth academy project and it seems Mancini didn't carry it out, but he said, "Not every academy has a Messi/Xavi/Iniesta." Which I don't think the Sheikh asked for, but what he wanted was some progression, which I don't think has happened? If I'm not mistaken.

Objective, he won the CS, and qualified for CL next season, but failed to retain the league (lost by December). He failed to bring Capital cup, or FA cup losing the final to Wigan.

Poor CL. He always gets the group of death, but I think City won't escape that till they make progression. He also had a bad Europe record with a dominated Inter side as well.

Fall out with players. It seems a lot of players haven't been happy with him recently, even Zabaleta who always stood by his side doesn't seem to care.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 15, 2013 8:47 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 Tumblr_mmnirrtGvN1r2xls3o1_500
Check out the chick on the right, giving Robbo the eye. You can tell she wants a piece of the Mancini
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed May 15, 2013 8:54 am

Its the magic of the scarf man
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326322/Roberto-Mancini-revealed-The-Manchester-City-dressing-room-battles-sacking.html

Unbelievable stuff in there. Well worth it if you want to know what was going on in the City dressing room and the player's attitude towards him. Some important bits if you don't have the time.

After their loss to Wigan at Wembley, City's players were in no mood for celebration.
Just a mile or so north at their team base, the Landmark Hotel in Marylebone, a small group of City players were slumped around tables in the plush residents' bar. The talk was, however, of a significant consolation prize. Surely now, they asked aloud, their manager Roberto Mancini would be sacked. Professional players, who on the surface at least owed their Italian coach, were hoping fervently that he would be dismissed.

'Can we put the champagne on ice yet?' one player texted a journalist stationed outside their hotel just down the road from Euston Station.

'It's a shame we have a game against Reading on Tuesday,' joked one player. 'We could have gone out to celebrate.'

Bellamy disliked Mancini so much he became embroiled in an internal club investigation into allegations he had encouraged Everton manager David Moyes as he clashed with Mancini on the touchline during a game in March 2010.

Adebayor, meanwhile, was so frustrated with his coach that he stormed into the dressing room and wiped out a tactics board with a karate kick after the goalless Manchester derby in November that same year. Some onlookers suggested it was the most energy Adebayor had expended all season. rofl rofl

Hearing Tevez mutter something during half-time of a home game against Newcastle, Mancini turned on his team's star player and told him: 'If you don't like it here then you can f*** off back to Argentina.'

Already irritated by Mancini's double training sessions, Tevez jumped to his feet, tore off his pale blue City shirt and for a moment it looked as though the altercation could become physical. 'Players dived in and pulled the two of them apart before it got out of hand,' a source told Sportsmail. 'Had it happened this season, they may have let Carlos get on with it.'

After a numbing Premier League defeat by Southampton in February, for example, Mancini didn't even come into the dressing room to lift sagging heads.Instead, he sent an aide to fetch his bag and hitched a lift on a private plane back to Italy.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat May 18, 2013 1:40 am

Lmao Mancini would absolutely destroy Tevez
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat May 18, 2013 6:36 am

I did feel sorry he was sacked Neutral, but he didnt improve on anything from last years PL right? you could kinda forgive the UCL run this season b/c he went up against Real Madrid and Dortmund, and they did play extremely well against real madrid in the first game (I was very impressed, too bad they lost it at the end). But anyway, stupid signings like Scott Sinclair (what a waste), and the david silva regression, Nasri's total failure to improve, balotelli's selling to Milan, shitty UCL run, and boring FA cup final-- time to move on and actually build on the great squad they have ahead of mancini. It wouldve been stupid to go after Van Persie because they had 4 great strikers to begin with, two good midfielder signings would have sufficed for them to win the league, but no....
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 Tumblr_mmnirrtGvN1r2xls3o1_500

Sad sacked mancini is sad

You can take his job but not his scarf

LMAO!
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 18, 2013 6:40 am

Lex wrote:Lmao Mancini would absolutely destroy Tevez

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 1_2441831b
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 18, 2013 8:46 am

LOOOL! Thats a fake pic though of him in the subway? Razz

Finally its happened, and Im actually glad they did it b4 the end of the season to show their unhappiness with him! They stuck with him for too long and I hope someone comes in.

Overrated as I dont how to describe, Mancini is just :facepalm:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 18, 2013 8:50 am

RealGunner wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326322/Roberto-Mancini-revealed-The-Manchester-City-dressing-room-battles-sacking.html

Unbelievable stuff in there. Well worth it if you want to know what was going on in the City dressing room and the player's attitude towards him. Some important bits if you don't have the time.

After their loss to Wigan at Wembley, City's players were in no mood for celebration.
Just a mile or so north at their team base, the Landmark Hotel in Marylebone, a small group of City players were slumped around tables in the plush residents' bar. The talk was, however, of a significant consolation prize. Surely now, they asked aloud, their manager Roberto Mancini would be sacked. Professional players, who on the surface at least owed their Italian coach, were hoping fervently that he would be dismissed.

'Can we put the champagne on ice yet?' one player texted a journalist stationed outside their hotel just down the road from Euston Station.

'It's a shame we have a game against Reading on Tuesday,' joked one player. 'We could have gone out to celebrate.'

Bellamy disliked Mancini so much he became embroiled in an internal club investigation into allegations he had encouraged Everton manager David Moyes as he clashed with Mancini on the touchline during a game in March 2010.

Adebayor, meanwhile, was so frustrated with his coach that he stormed into the dressing room and wiped out a tactics board with a karate kick after the goalless Manchester derby in November that same year. Some onlookers suggested it was the most energy Adebayor had expended all season. rofl rofl

Hearing Tevez mutter something during half-time of a home game against Newcastle, Mancini turned on his team's star player and told him: 'If you don't like it here then you can f*** off back to Argentina.'

Already irritated by Mancini's double training sessions, Tevez jumped to his feet, tore off his pale blue City shirt and for a moment it looked as though the altercation could become physical. 'Players dived in and pulled the two of them apart before it got out of hand,' a source told Sportsmail. 'Had it happened this season, they may have let Carlos get on with it.'

After a numbing Premier League defeat by Southampton in February, for example, Mancini didn't even come into the dressing room to lift sagging heads.Instead, he sent an aide to fetch his bag and hitched a lift on a private plane back to Italy.

Lol @ the stuff these newspaper writes... I wish theere are more of these posted here Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 am

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 3 BKiCVwJCcAA0xue

Touch of class always.

Grazie Bobby.

You'll never be forgotten.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3