danyjr
Rev
MaestroFavre
Grooverider
Lex
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked

Post by Kick Tue May 14, 2013 1:21 am

Damn, I like Mancini there, he kept City crap.

Now he's gone, they may be good.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Mancini Officially Sacked

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The fans adored him because they don't know any better. With that squad Mancini should have wrapped up the league long before the final day last season and he should have been in contention this one until the last stretch. I'll admit he's had rough groups in Europe but that doesn't excuse the fact that he was outplayed at home by Villareal and relied on luck to beat them. He has had 3 years to develop a project but City look more unsynchronized today than ever. As a tactician he is average. As a man manager he is average. The players clearly didn't play for him in the cup final, which seems to suggest they're not that fond of him. Almost every player who has played with Pelle says nothing but praise of him. A definite step up.

City's squad is vastly overrated and overpriced. You'd be surprised how many managers would not have won with City's squad.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 am

Fact is the forum simply has something against Mancini for some reason. Same excuse is "well look at his squad." Except his backline is average. Don't mention Zabaleta and Nastasic as before Mancini they were plain average. Only Kompany a notable CB without or without Mancio.

They have a non-existent midfield, prime reason for their European failures as you CANNOT play in Europe without a midfield.

Forwards? Aguero is a mixed bag these days, Tevez is a volatile nutcase, Dzeko is better than people think yet has had his chances.

Signings? Aside from Kolarov, Balo and Garcia, Mancini wasn't responsible for a single one aside from them as all the rest were hand-picked.

People don't give enough credit for him securing the locker-room with a massive bunch of egos, building his defence from ground up, excellent PL big-game record and some scintillating football at times, especially last year. Building a squad in such short incremental terms is far harder than it looks.

His sacking was justified as the failure to capitalize on FA Cup was awful. Yet his overall City campaign was by no means a failure
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 am

nothing to woth EPL. City's complete failure in CL weighed a lot against Mancini. He almost needed to win EPL just to offset that. If he could just have done ok in CL, he doesn'tgrt sacked.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 am

This is bullshit, its even worse than when Inter sacked him. The man arrived at City mid season and took them from 13th to a 5th place finish, won the FA cup and secured CL qualification the next season, and won the league the year after ! and after one bad season he gets sacked ? Bullshit

And please dont give me that crap about him not knowing how to build a team, when he came to Inter the squad was more like the one we have today and he built the team that won the triple without any kind of insane spending. Anyone who have watched Mancio during his Fiorentina and Lazio days wouldnt disagree.

Roberto's only weakness is his man management skills, he had troubles with Figo and Adriano at Inter and got into a similar situation with Tevez. That has always been his achilles heel whenever he coached star players

Millions well deserved Mancio, get your share of that oil money, you earned it
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 am

Loool I dont even know why some ppl still thinks he deserves another season, hes proven time and again that hes clueless! The team playing with no motivation, bad tactics, bad subs, players unhappy, bad CL again, the FA Cup final was the last chance to get it right and he completely failed. There is not argument, hes cr4p!

Im glad that hes sacked. But what surprises me is that the club renewed his contract not long ago and now decided the sack and hence need to make a large payout to him? I guess money isnt really a concern to the owner though Very Happy Get Pellegrini :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue May 14, 2013 5:36 am

He deserves criticism for failing to improve the midfield for the 3 seasons he was there. If everyone knows you need a midfield to succeed in Europe, then why did he not improve it? He had the funds too.

His tactics are very conservative and his tactical organisation in the FA cup was just not good enough considering the players he had.

Clearly City have a lot of ambition and Mancini is simply not good enough for them in that regard.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 am

Rubbish, absolutely rubbish sacking...

Couldn't they have given him one year given the fact that Man Utd, Chelsea are all gonna have new managers?

Pellegrini his replacement Laughing talk about ruining your club. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 14, 2013 5:57 am

kiranr wrote:He deserves criticism for failing to improve the midfield for the 3 seasons he was there. If everyone knows you need a midfield to succeed in Europe, then why did he not improve it? He had the funds too.

His tactics are very conservative and his tactical organisation in the FA cup was just not good enough considering the players he had.

Clearly City have a lot of ambition and Mancini is simply not good enough for them in that regard.
Txiki didn't want him as the manager in the first place.. things are not gonna be good when you have a DoF who doesn't want you. He perhaps had a very little say in the transfers this season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
kiranr wrote:He deserves criticism for failing to improve the midfield for the 3 seasons he was there. If everyone knows you need a midfield to succeed in Europe, then why did he not improve it? He had the funds too.

Txiki didn't want him as the manager in the first place.. things are not gonna be good when you have a DoF who doesn't want you. He perhaps had a very little say in the transfers this season.

While that may be true, remember all the strikers City bought in the beginning of the Mancini reign? His transfer policy was clearly not very good and he had ample chances to bring in 1-2 solid midfielders instead of all those strikers he signed.

All i am trying to say is that Mancini has his faults and i don't think City are completely out of line in sacking him considering what they want to achieve.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 am

It's the right decision by City's owners, unfortunately.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 14, 2013 7:39 am

if city did well in the cl at least last season, since he ran into the semifinalist this time couldn't be helped really, if they had looked more convincing through out the season he wouldn't have gotten sacked imo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue May 14, 2013 11:40 am

Its the right decision should have waited for the end of the season, but the right decision nevertheless.

Also, for the last 2 seasons with the pretty same squad, I have watched every match. And he was looked clueless countless time, there was never a plan B and A was always predictable. The inability to adjust during games and lack of Width was disgusting.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Its the right decision should have waited for the end of the season, but the right decision nevertheless.

Also, for the last 2 seasons with the pretty same squad, I have watched every match. And he was looked clueless countless time, there was never a plan B and A was always predictable. The inability to adjust during games and lack of Width was disgusting.

i agree with this, and i do not see the point of hanging onto a manger that can only take the team so far, but yeah...time for change at Man City
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Wait, so Mancini wasn't responsible for bringing in Silva? Toure? Milner? Super sub Dzeko? Aguero? Who was the one who tapped up Nasri?

The fact that Mancini keeps bringing up his squad as the reason they didn't win any accolades this season makes me want to spew vomit all over the shop
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Lex wrote:Wait, so Mancini wasn't responsible for bringing in Silva? Toure? Milner? Super sub Dzeko? Aguero? Who was the one who tapped up Nasri?

The fact that Mancini keeps bringing up his squad as the reason they didn't win any accolades this season makes me want to spew vomit all over the shop

Unless, you know, he wasn't the guy actually choosing which players City signed.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 14, 2013 4:42 pm

So what the fuq DID he do at City? Laughing Didn't manage them, lord knows he didn't coach them and, now, he wasn't even the guy making the signings
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Lex wrote:So what the fuq DID he do at City? Laughing Didn't manage them, lord knows he didn't coach them and, now, he wasn't even the guy making the signings

Not sure what you mean here. He clearly wasn't the manager as evidenced by the Tevez saga. He wanted him out but the club would have none of it. As far as being a coach City were clearly capable of some fantastic stuff under Mancini. So as a coach he imo did decently with what he had, although you could say he struggled to adapt after his system's weakness was found out (poor fullbacks). His squad was average bar a handful of players and even they are the inconsistent type.

Not saying his sacking was unfair or anything but I don't think he had it as easy as some would like to believe.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Zealous wrote:Unless, you know, he wasn't the guy actually choosing which players City signed.
Doesn't really excuse him from losing vs Wigan. Also can we see some evidence that Mancini had absolutely no say in the transfers? I'm sure that on the very least is is consulted and has veto power over any possible transfers.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 5:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:Unless, you know, he wasn't the guy actually choosing which players City signed.
Doesn't really excuse him from losing vs Wigan. Also can we see some evidence that Mancini had absolutely no say in the transfers? I'm sure that on the very least is is consulted and has veto power over any possible transfers.

It doesn't and like I said I'm not suggesting that his sacking was unfair. I'm just against this notion that Mancini was the god king commander of the unbreakable invincible hoard and that he should have walked the league. There is an alarming amount of average and inconsistency on City's squad.

I have no proof that he had no say in transfers but there is no evidence that he had major input or veto powers either. Looking back on the Tevez saga one might be forgiven to think that Mancini actually doesn't have the final say when it comes to the players on his squad.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Platt left too, even though he was offered the chance to continue.

Think he'll follow Mancini? they're good friends
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Most probably.

Wonder if Mancini will go back to Serie A
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah I agree he's not done that badly in the league, but even though the squad is overpriced. Failing in Europe to the point of no wins in 6 games including a double against irrelevant feeder club Ajax who even got knocked out by steaua Bucharest is just not on.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 14, 2013 10:17 pm

I want to feel sorry for him, but after flashbacks of the things he's done in the past few years, his arrogance mainly and trying to weaken other teams by signing their players/targets...hell, I'm actually happy he's got the boot.

Okay manager, nothing special tactically, very Italian style of play i.e. super conservative, and poor man manager and motivator. He should have used the one-in-a-lifetime opportunity at City to make a name of himself. He didn't, and he'll join the long list of managers who we thought were good but weren't.

His domestic record is pretty good, I think winning EPL last season, even though it was close, no one can argue they weren't the best team in England. They played some breathtaking football last season. However, Europe is where he totally flopped and that alone is enough reason to get sacked.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 14, 2013 10:37 pm

How can anyone feel sorry for a man who's £7.5 million richer?

Mancini has made more money getting fired from a job than average Joe gets from working 200 years straight
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Continuing in my role as devil's advocate his failure in Europe this season was largely due in part to being in a group with two eventual semi finalists and legit contenders for the trophy.

City were also in a tough group the year before since they had Bayern and a dynamic energetic Napoli side to compete against. His failure is Europe while rightly criticised weren't exactly major failures in my eyes.

Having said that I do feel his time at City has run it's course. I don't think he has anything new to offer City and he should feel happy that he is leaving the club in a better position than when he found it. Overall not a major success but I wouldn't say he was terrible either.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next