Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed May 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Agree with Arsenal. As much as i love Jovetic. He is not 30m

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Wed May 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:@GeoffArsenal

From what i'm hearing Afc are not prepared to meet Jovetic €30m buy out clause. Afc value him at £20-22m tops. Fior trying to up interest.

Who did not predict that!

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Frankly, I blame Milner for these grossly over inflated asking prices
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 22, 2013 7:08 pm

naaaaaah
pay the money and Get Your man ffs Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 22, 2013 7:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Agree with Arsenal. As much as i love Jovetic. He is not 30m

He is worth it imo. Sometimes you have to overpay. We can't walk away empty handed and settle again. Lets just get our guy. He's our number one target and we have 70m why not just spend it. Bayern overpaid to get Martinez but I doubt that if you asked them that they regretted spending that much. They got the guy they wanted

Like lets say we don't go for him, and then Juve get Higuain, Spurs get Benteke, Chelsea get Lewandowski, and PSG get Rooney. I really don't want that to be the situation. Our big summer becomes small then imo

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 22, 2013 7:11 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:

Like lets say we don't go for him, and then Juve get Higuain, Spurs get Benteke, Chelsea get Lewandowski, and PSG get Rooney. I really don't want that to be the situation. Our big summer becomes small then imo

This is why I don't mind the 3m. I can't put up with another season of Jumakhtner back ups.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

+1 vendetta Thumbs up
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Arsenal will pay £22mil but not £25mil? I can't understand that. £3mil isn't a lot of money for Arsenal and they could probably save that much by selling a couple of deadwood players on high wages.

The longer Arsenal wait and try to haggle the price down, the more chance there is of someone else coming in and happily paying what Fiorentina wants. This isn't the time for us to be stingy over a couple million pounds.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm

The only thing we have as an edge right now is that Firenze wouldn't want to sell to Juve, and Juve agreeing terms with Higuain.

Sports says in GS that our offer for Higuain is 25m plus 5m in wages, while RM try to negotiate Higgy/Vidal. He might well have the truth of it, but I wouldn't know.

Either way, I see us missing out on one of the two. Well it was never realistic to expect both anyway, but you get my point. Last thing you want is to miss out on both.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 22, 2013 7:23 pm

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but right now I'm thinking we're going to miss out on both, if only because I've come to expect us to miss out on the better players because we don't want to pay that little bit extra for them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 pm

its only Matter of time Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Wed May 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Ok Juventus will either get Higuan or Jovetic. Lets wait and see what happens. If we dont sign Jovetic its not the end of the world. Mata was worth the extra 3 million, heck extra 10 million maybe but 25 million for Jovetic is too much.

Steve Kleisberg from Bayer Leverkusun would be a good addition according to me, although we haven't been linked with him.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 pm

if we miss out on jovetic just because of 3million, i will go nuts and truly be fore getting the board out, and bringing in usmanov.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 22, 2013 8:06 pm

i am very confident we will get jojo though, after what happen with mata there is no way they will make the same mistake twice, we will pay the amount. you have to remember it is still VERY early days.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 22, 2013 8:31 pm

If I were Viola I would make it an imperative to sell to Arsenal over Juve so it's obvious they're trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible. Even if we offered 10 million less it could be more beneficial for them lest they strengthen a rival at their expense.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 pm

MJGunner wrote:If I were Viola I would make it an imperative to sell to Arsenal over Juve so it's obvious they're trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible. Even if we offered 10 million less it could be more beneficial for them lest they strengthen a rival at their expense.

Like us?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Exactly like I think we should have done. I've always said I'd have sold van Persie abroad even if it were for 10 million less. The question is if we had any serious interest from clubs van Persie would have joined. It was alleged he was discouraged from joining Juve because of their issues with Conte at the time and Real Madrid's interest never found concrete form, I guess.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed May 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Mirror: Manchester United & Barcelona are monitoring Thomas Vermaelen's situation at Arsenal http://bit.ly/ZehfAv
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Lex wrote:Frankly, I blame Milner for these grossly over inflated asking prices

Bit harsh, that. Milner didn't set his fee, that was between the clubs.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Transfer window isn't even open yet and big reported targets haven't officially gone to any other clubs, yet so many Arsenal fans are already fed up with the club's unwillingness to spend big money. We have Post-Transfer Market Stress Disorder (PTMSD) from previous windows. Laughing

BTW why would Man Utd want Vermaelen? scratch
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Lex wrote:Frankly, I blame Milner for these grossly over inflated asking prices

Bit harsh, that. Milner didn't set his fee, that was between the clubs.
I was being facetious Razz

Chumlum wrote:BTW why would Man Utd want Vermaelen? scratch
To f*ck with us some more
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

If you miss out on JoJo you should go for Son imo, but looks like he's off to Dortmund?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 23, 2013 12:56 am

How is 25mio for Jovetic too much? Aston Villa are asking that much for Christian f*cking Benteke Laughing

Just pay the release clause and get over it... smh

Samuelj29060 wrote:Mirror: Manchester United & Barcelona are monitoring Thomas Vermaelen's situation at Arsenal http://bit.ly/ZehfAv

cheers cheers cheers
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 am

tbh I don't know why any club would ever sell a player at a fair value. No club owes anything to anyone else. You should get as much as you possibly can for a player, and sell them for a fee thats worth selling them for, not sell them for what the other team thinks is a fair market value.

If a team walks away happy after buying your player thinking they got a great deal you probably didn't do a good job of negotiating imo.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 23, 2013 8:17 am

We'd be bloody moronic to sell another captain to United no matter who it is. Because you know he'll find form again.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 am

Don't worry Man Utd will never be interested in a 'defender' like Vermaelen. It's just John Cross making bullshit rumours. I have high hopes for Barcelona though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next