Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:28

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:CESC FABREGAS COULD RETURN TO ARSENAL
Forget a striker just bring Cesc back. Proud
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/312931/

QPR striker Remy wants to complete dream £6m move to Arsenal

Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-striker-loic-remy-wants-1870017#ixzz2SWY1hl7Z

Shoddy journalism at best. You would do well to guard your emotions against such trash Raptor.

The Cesc article is speculative, at best. And even that is stretching it.

And never buy 'X told his friends' as a source. Thats as random as they can get.

No way are we selling Poldi for a 12m sum after one season, and a injury plagued one at that. There is a lot more to come from him - mark my words.

I agree.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:31

GoonerJay29 wrote:Villa will be in his last year of his contract, so a transfer fee wouldn't be too high. His wages would be but, then, you need to pay the better players the top wages and if we shift the deadwood we'd be able to afford it easily. At the very least, we'd have to pay the likes of Jovetic, Higuain or Lewandowski similar amounts.

Like Chumlum says, players don't suddenly lose their quality when they enter their 30's. Arteta is 31 and Rosicky is 32 yet both perform very well on a consistent basis. Hell, Antonio Di Natale is 35 and is Serie A's second highest scorer with 20 goals this year.

Villa may not be as quick as he used to be but I don't think he has lost any of his intelligence or technique.

He may have a problem adapting to the league, but then, I see the likes of Raul, who went to Germany in his mid-thirties and did very well, and Klose, who's only recently gone to Italy in his thirties and is doing extremely well. Class tends to shine through, regardless of where the football is being played.

No resale value is no issue at all for us, since our current transfer policy has seen us bring in the likes of Mertesacker, Arteta, Podolski, Cazorla, etc. who are all in their late 20's approaching their 30's.

Ideally, you would want a player in his early to mid-twenties who could lead the line for four or five years, but the number of strikers who fit that mould that are better than what we have and have the qualities we want to have is small. A lot of top clubs are after strikers this summer, so competition is going to be stiff. Villa, for me, would be a very good fall back option if we can't get one of the younger guys.

Well said!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:40

I don't like Villa any more tbh, he's lost a lot from that injury.

He's nowhere near as explosive as he was, he seems to have struggled to adapt to that.

I might be wrong but i think he's past it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:42

Yeah, I also don't buy that BS that when a player has reached thirty, he's suddenly lost it, or his demise is right around the corner. That's total crap.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Mon 6 May 2013 - 18:44

i agree with all the players you mention they are in their 30s and are doing well but i still have to emphasis on the age issue for Villa. if you look at all the strikers you mention their mode of play is totally different from that of Villa which depends on Intelligence(will be more sharper with age because of more experience) movement, and speed(which will definitely add value to the previous two mention) and like you said this is not on his side anymore

i like Villa as a player especially when he was younger at Valencia and i will like Arsenal to buy him but not at this quoted prices and also not as our only summer recruit in that area because it will be a serious gamble
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 6 May 2013 - 19:21

Apparently Kondogbia has a low release clause (£6.5mio). Get in there Arsene bounce
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon 6 May 2013 - 20:36

Yup, confirmed by Del Nido himself. Sevilla will probably try and get rid of that since they don't want Kondogbia to leave, but with the amount of interest in Kondogbia at the moment, I doubt they'll succeed.

Wenger does, indeed, need to get in there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 6 May 2013 - 20:49

Wenger is probably in 2 minds. Either to get Gonalons who is experienced (despite young) and is exactly what he likes in a player or get Kondogbia. Kondogbia is raw and not as developed as Gonalons. His physical attributes will be brilliant in the PL and has technical qualities to match his game. But as said before, he is raw.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 6 May 2013 - 23:30

so Apparently Juventus started talks with Higuain according to SKY.

If that is true and Juventus do get Llorente and Higuain. Surely they won't be after Jovetic too ?

Is it too early to start dreaming hmm ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon 6 May 2013 - 23:38

Juventus dropping out the running to sign him would certainly be useful, though we'd still have to actually cough up the necessary cash.

Best keep those hopes low.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon 6 May 2013 - 23:51

They there homeboys and homegirls, I think wenger knows midfielders better than any other type of players. Our previous success has been attained by having a kick ass midfield. My personal fav was Hleb-Fabregas-Flamini-Rosicky (yes even tho they did not win anything, I think they were the best one). If we were to get a midfielder like Flamini, could we replicate that style?

I know this guys is probably way the fook out of our range, but why are we not looking at Gustavo?

OX----Gustavo----Wilshere-----Santi?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 7 May 2013 - 1:04

RealGunner wrote:so Apparently Juventus started talks with Higuain according to SKY.

If that is true and Juventus do get Llorente and Higuain. Surely they won't be after Jovetic too ?

Is it too early to start dreaming hmm ?

Ha. I think Juve are, like most teams at this stage of the year, exploring options ahead of a hectic summer.

I agree with what Jay said about Villa, would just prefer someone more for the long-term, otherwise in 2 years we have the same problem possibly.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue 7 May 2013 - 2:09

best jovetic vid on utube

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro E.Zackarias Tue 7 May 2013 - 5:47

The problem with signing David Villa would be his wages.As Jay said we can afford to pay him if we get rid of the deadwood present here.

But is there really a chance of getting rid of all the deadwood?

I for one,certainly doubt it.

And further due to his age factor,we'll have to start looking for replacements sooner.

If for the same wages,we can get Jove or El Pipita,I would prefer them over Villa.

Villa should the last option for us,IMO.

Staying on topic with versatile attackers,What about Son Heung-Min?

He's 20,contract ends by 2K14 so HSV are looking to sell him and he's certainly versatile,even though he plays as SS for HSV.

Son:"I don't care where I play. The main thing is I'm in the game. I can play right, left, as a forward or behind. What the coach says, I'll do. I don't have a favorite position. I'll be anywhere and always on the throttle."

Finally,He is a BIG GAME player.

Thumbs up

Alejandro E.Zackarias
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue 7 May 2013 - 9:03

Son is a good player & huge potential but i think he would be another Vela at Arsenal, he needs to be playing regularly which he won't get at Arsenal
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 7 May 2013 - 9:48

REWB wrote:best jovetic vid on utube

While obviously a quality player, notice how he's hardly ever in the box. Reminds me of a Bergkamp/Pires more than anything.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 7 May 2013 - 11:08

He doesn't stay in the box because he's not a typical 9, he drops deep, makes a 1-2, makes a run in the box, scores, assists offers much more than staying in the box and waiting for a tap-in.

If we want a typical 9 then let's sign Mario Gomez who'll definitely leave Bayern this summer, he'll score many goals but will offer nothing else outside the box and flops in big matches like most 9's do nowadays.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue 7 May 2013 - 14:01

Arsenal are in advanced talks with Fiorentina to sign Stevan Jovetic and are also eyeing up a second marquee striker signing this summer, Goal.com can reveal.

Fiorentina’s public stance is that they value Jovetic between £25-£30m but Arsenal are confident of agreeing a fee for less than £20m.

The Gunners are likely to start the bidding at around the £17m mark soon after the Premier League transfer window opens on May 20.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/07/3958309/arsenal-in-advanced-talks-to-land-jovetic-as-they-target-two
Wayne Veysey, Goal.com smoking
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 7 May 2013 - 15:34

Chumlum wrote:
Arsenal are in advanced talks with Fiorentina to sign Stevan Jovetic and are also eyeing up a second marquee striker signing this summer, Goal.com can reveal.

Fiorentina’s public stance is that they value Jovetic between £25-£30m but Arsenal are confident of agreeing a fee for less than £20m.

The Gunners are likely to start the bidding at around the £17m mark soon after the Premier League transfer window opens on May 20.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/07/3958309/arsenal-in-advanced-talks-to-land-jovetic-as-they-target-two

If this is true ffs give them that extra 5m and stop being cheap. Remember we lost Mata for only few millions. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 7 May 2013 - 15:35

Raptorgunner wrote:
Chumlum wrote:

If this is true ffs give them that extra 5m and stop being cheap. Remember we lost Mata for only few millions. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

.... when people start taking lol.com seriously. Rolling Eyes

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue 7 May 2013 - 15:52

I was hoping the cig smiley signified an appropriate level of deadpan - maybe shoulda gone with the coffee instead.

Still I just wanted to put another stick on the Jovetic fire ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 7 May 2013 - 16:01

Chumlum wrote:I was hoping the cig smiley signified an appropriate level of deadpan - maybe shoulda gone with the coffee instead.

Lol, I know mate.. I was subtly trying to tell Raptor not to get excited.. He has this tendency of taking (positive and negative) reports too seriously and then feeling sad.. Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 7 May 2013 - 16:52

srigooner wrote:
Chumlum wrote:I was hoping the cig smiley signified an appropriate level of deadpan - maybe shoulda gone with the coffee instead.

Lol, I know mate.. I was subtly trying to tell Raptor not to get excited.. He has this tendency of taking (positive and negative) reports too seriously and then feeling sad.. Sad

During my time as Arsenal fan, I have come to learn not to get excited about any signing until he has player few games for us. I was talking in general, we lose out of players because of few Mil. If you go back and check only player I am excited about is Cesc and hoping one day he'll come back. As long as Cesc comes back I dont care about any other signings.

Only time I get negative is when I hear from Mata saying he was almost a Arsenal player but we back off because of money.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 7 May 2013 - 16:58

Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

During my time as Arsenal fan, I have come to learn not to get excited about any signing until he has player few games for us. I was talking in general, we lose out of players because of few Mil. If you go back and check only player I am excited about is Cesc and hoping one day he'll come back. As long as Cesc comes back I dont care about any other signings.

Don't get me wrong buddy, wasn't accusing you of anything there Thumbs up Just stating what I observed Smile

Cesc is not who we need, but definitely one we deserve.. *daydreaming*

Anywhoo, should be a bloody interesting transfer window, this. Next year, we could see Roonay, Judas, Lewandowski, Cavani, Aguero, Falcao and Jovetic in the same damn league. Oh and Andy Caroll, Torres and Adebayor for good measure. :whistle:

EDIT: And the return of Bendtner, Chamakh and Park Ju. Embarassed

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 7 May 2013 - 17:00

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Don't get me wrong buddy, wasn't accusing you of anything there Thumbs up Just stating what I observed Smile

Cesc is not who we need, but definitely one we deserve.. *daydreaming*

Anywhoo, should be a bloody interesting transfer window, this. Next year, we could see Roonay, Judas, Lewandowski, Cavani, Aguero, Falcao and Jovetic in the same damn league. Oh and Andy Caroll, Torres and Adebayor for good measure. :whistle:

EDIT: And the return of Bendtner, Chamakh and Park Ju. Embarassed
LOL, poor Bendtner, he turned down Barcelona for us.
Do we really need a new striker if Cesc sets up Giroud for 30+goal a season? hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 7 May 2013 - 17:06

Bon Jovi is something else Thumbs up

Clever eye for a pass a la Fabregas, great technique and movement on the ball a la Rosicky, decent physical power (although would find the move to the EPL more demanding obviously) and with Santi's quickness.

Well worth the few million pounds in question especially if it's a dealbreaker.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next