Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 23, 2013 2:00 am

Don't worry Man Utd will never be interested in a 'defender' like Vermaelen. It's just John Cross making bullshit rumours. I have high hopes for Barcelona though.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 am

Jamie Dalton ‏@JamieDalton82
Gazetta say Napoli interested in signing Thomas Vermaelen for €10m - http://bit.ly/11cyqMX
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 23, 2013 3:57 am

To be honest, I think that 30 million euros is too much money for Jovetic, however as some would say, it is worth overpaying for the right signing. I am far from convinced that Jovetic is necessarily the right signing to take Arsenal forward however. If this sort of money is to be invested, it must be in support of a very coherent project for the team and I am not convinced that there is such a vision necessarily behind this transfer. One of the major criticisms I would make of Arsenal's squad isn't necessarily the lack of quality but that too many players to not seem to complement each other on the pitch. When I hear that there are competing bids for Jovetic and Higuain, I must ask myself what plan is being put forward to justifying one over the other. The arguments must not be purely economic but tactical and crucially, what other transfers are being lined up to justify either as the back-up plan. What changes in Arsenal's plans if Higuain arrives instead of Jovetic? Lining up a list of targets and seeing which ones you can get simply leads to a squad that isn't suited to playing with each other. To an extent, I might be exaggerating these issues, however it's just an observation I wanted to make. If you're going to splash so much cash on Jovetic, there must be a clear vision for how he will be used and who else will be brought in to support this signing.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 am

Its a good observation, but based on market talk and speculation.

As a manager with a huge experience under his belt, I am sure Arsene would have a much better vision than all of us of what is needed and how things stand.

My opinion: We need a better version of Giroud. Lewandowski fits, as does Rooney (ok that's a bit of a stretch). Higuain and Jovetic will require an alteration in the system. This requires doing the business early enough to have a good pre-season to bed the player in.

I am not averse to changing from a system which was put in place to bring the best out of a Catalan talisman and tweaked over time to suit the sqaud. My strong belief is that unless Cesc comes back, its more prudent to adapt a system which plays to the strengths of the current/prospective squad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 23, 2013 5:20 am

I'm certain that Wenger has a solid vision as you said, though this is obviously tempered by the freedom he is being given to implement this. I mostly wanted to emphasise that losing out on Jovetic, or anyone Arsenal are linked to, will not have as great an effect as the overall efforts in the market over the summer. Naturally, there is no substitute for quality, but I can understand if Arsenal are indeed holding their ground - it is still simply speculation as you have said - particularly given that Fiorentina might also themselves be forced to relent.

For the record I personally feel that one great alternative on the wing should be considered as great a priority for the attack as any upgrade on Giroud, along with a defensively minded midfielder of quality.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 23, 2013 5:33 am

Quality winger :

Actually, any addition there would have to be offset through a sale. And the player turnover shouldn't impact squad chemistry and mentality. Its been a difficult year to build a platform on, and this is the first summer with no looming sagas (yet).

Current options on the wing: Ox, Cazorla, Gervinho, Theo, Podolski, Rosicky/Ramsey.

I remember AW saying after Milan last year that in the long run, Ox will shift to CAM, where Jack/Rosicky/Cazorla have operated this past year and Ramsey before that. Theo and Podolski both nourish desires to move to a central role, where Gervinho has been employed on occasions. This could well be Rosicky's last season before he throws in his towel.

Arshavin's retirement has opened up a spot there. As would departures of Ju/Bendtner/Chamakh. The question is, who comes in there? Gnabry should get games, atleast in the League Cup - as should Eisfeld and Miyachi. But none of them are quite the first team yet.

Jovetic can help with the numbers on the wing, given he can play there. Cazorla, Podolski, Theo - all like to cut in, resulting in an increased impetus for the FBs to maintain width.

hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 am

Arsenal yet to make contact over Jovetic switch, claims Fiorentina sporting director. rofl
"With Arsenal we have not had any contact, it's a route that does not exist," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The situation for the player will be resolved directly by the president Andrea Della Valle and we will see what happens.

"We would be happy for him to remain in Florence."
Wenger laugh his ass off every morning when he reads the papers.
Wenger would not pay 30m for the entire Fiorentina team, they are not a french team so they are not good enouph for Arsenal. :fishing: rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 23, 2013 7:25 am

It's a selection that has a great deal of flexibility and a good balance between experience and youthful vigour, however as a top four squad, it must be expected that there will at the very least be a good selection. I feel that in order to get the most out of a player such as Podolski, whilst maintaining a 4-2-3-1, the partnership to his right should be a more dominant one in terms of possession, allowing Poldi to become the switch play, with his direct nature becoming complementary rather than defining the attack. In this sense, my main concern is in establishing an alternative to Podolski---Walcott on the flanks. An option from within the squad is of course to use Jack in an advanced position, with Cazorla on the left and Walcott on the right, an attractive option in my eyes. Both Rosicky and Oxlade provide further flexibility, something I would be perfectly content with if not for Rosicky's advancing years and previous injury history. This is of course merely a suggested area of improvement in taking the next step as a squad. It is always best to grow within the squad before looking towards an intervention in the market, but this is a transfer rumour thread after all. I'm discounting Gervinho who I simply don't trust and Arshavin who has received little playing time and is unlikely to have any future beyond the summer. Much depends on whether Cazorla or Jack is envisioned as assuming the central role, or whether Wenger sees this as an area where a flexible approach from week to week will aid the team. It's only worth making a move though if a player of definite first team status is added to the team. The rotation is solid as it stands, it requires either a player to raise the level of the team or it would be better off to allow Oxlade to assume more responsibility throughout the season with Rosicky relieving the pressure on his young shoulders.

It may well be argued however that there is set to be an abundance of forwards available this market, where as quality on the wing will be far harder to acquire, in which case it is best to focus attention on an area which is more likely to yield results.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 23, 2013 7:46 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal yet to make contact over Jovetic switch, claims Fiorentina sporting director. rofl
"With Arsenal we have not had any contact, it's a route that does not exist," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The situation for the player will be resolved directly by the president Andrea Della Valle and we will see what happens.

Wenger would not pay 30m for the entire Fiorentina team, they are not a french team so they are not good enouph for Arsenal. :fishing: rofl

:facepalm: Wenger

he will end up buying some french kid nobody has heard of and when you start the season bad he will rush to buy some average player just to show his ambition

I don't understand how you can put up with him. Don't you have 70mill to spend?? goosh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 am

already bored of this crap Sleep
wake me up when we are Linked with Lars
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal yet to make contact over Jovetic switch, claims Fiorentina sporting director. rofl

:facepalm: Wenger

he will end up buying some french kid nobody has heard of and when you start the season bad he will rush to buy some average player just to show his ambition

I don't understand how you can put up with him. Don't you have 70mill to spend?? goosh
Are you talking about Yaya Sanogo? rofl

I dont know where people get that 70m from? at Arsenal we must sell around 70m a year not spend it. rofl

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 am

Guys, what if the Jovetic stuff is a smokescreen because Wenger's really going to sign Edinson Cavani and Viktor Fischer?

drunken
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 23, 2013 8:27 am

Cavani's buyout clause is 50 million Proud

who the heck is yaya sanogo?? brb youtubing him atm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 am

Yaya Sanogo rofl , poor man Ngog
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 23, 2013 8:35 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Cavani's buyout clause is 50 million Proud

who the heck is yaya sanogo?? brb youtubing him atm

He might not be on YouTube yet, Laughing but he will be our only singing of the summer. Wenger proved the world wrong again, we made 4th place. :bow: Chaka
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 am

Chumlum wrote:Guys, what if the Jovetic stuff is a smokescreen because Wenger's really going to sign Edinson Cavani and Viktor Fischer?

drunken

speaking from the dream land right?
Like i have always say in any argument involving Wenger's buying players all his buys if one looks at it is like Arsenal feeding on another club woes except the players he is buying is a kid for example when we bought cazorla Malaga was in serious financial woes and we went back there again during the winter, we waited for chamak contract to expire, Giroud could not pay his new wage demand and so on like that. Arsenal will never buy 25 million player if wenger is still our manager. scratch
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am

adoptiongunner wrote:
Chumlum wrote:Guys, what if the Jovetic stuff is a smokescreen because Wenger's really going to sign Edinson Cavani and Viktor Fischer?

drunken

Like i have always say in any argument involving Wenger's buying players all his buys if one looks at it is like Arsenal feeding on another club woes except the players he is buying is a kid for example when we bought cazorla Malaga was in serious financial woes and we went back there again during the winter, we waited for chamak contract to expire, Giroud could not pay his new wage demand and so on like that. Arsenal will never buy 25 million player if wenger is still our manager. scratch

If Wenger goes and spends big will make him look bad. Wengers ego comes before Arsenal. Embarassed

Wenger worked so hard to make money for Satan and get Donkey face a raise why would he go and spend it now? Laughing

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu May 23, 2013 8:48 am

How come we aren't looking at Lukaku scratch
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
adoptiongunner wrote:

drunken

If Wenger goes and spends big will make him look bad and Wenger comes ego comes before Arsenal. Embarassed

Wenger worked so hard to make money for Satan and get Donkey face a raise why would he go and spend it now? Laughing

hmm i understand now :coffee:
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 am

Proud man how tall is this kid he looks head and shoulders above the rest

Wenger covering all spectrums. Girourd good build up player, theo good poacher and yaya sanogo good target player who can convert crosses Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 23, 2013 8:58 am

Yeah adoptiongunner, I was making a joke! Very Happy

Seriously though, Wenger can't seem to win and the transfer window is not even open yet! If there's a report that Arsenal plan to spend a lot of money on a player, a big chunk of the fans say this player isn't worth it at all and it's wasteful. If there's a report that Arsenal will "miss out" because a player's valuation too high, another big chunk of fans will say Wenger is failing the club because his pride prevents him from spending any money.

Nevermind that most of these reports are all probably bogus. Keep the faith Gooner folks!
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am

EL Patron wrote:How come we aren't looking at Lukaku scratch

Well obviously Wenger & Co. are well aware of Lukaku!

But...

Why would Chelsea want to sell him to Arsenal? If he's good enough to be worth a top club signing, then he's good enough that Chelsea won't want to let go of his long-term future.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Thu May 23, 2013 9:03 am

EL Patron wrote:How come we aren't looking at Lukaku scratch

Because we have sign YAYA Laughing
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 am

Yeah but Lukaku wants first team football and we can offer that, he won't get it at Chelsea. They will be looking to loan him again next season so worth a cheeky bid in my opinion.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu May 23, 2013 9:09 am

Also it has all gone quiet on the defensive mid front, surely we can't start next season with only Arteta as the senior defensive mid. What happened to the Gonalons rumour hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Thu May 23, 2013 9:15 am

Chumlum wrote:Yeah adoptiongunner, I was making a joke! Very Happy

Seriously though, Wenger can't seem to win and the transfer window is not even open yet! If there's a report that Arsenal plan to spend a lot of money on a player, a big chunk of the fans say this player isn't worth it at all and it's wasteful. If there's a report that Arsenal will "miss out" because a player's valuation too high, another big chunk of fans will say Wenger is failing the club because his pride prevents him from spending any money.

Nevermind that most of these reports are all probably bogus. Keep the faith Gooner folks!
Thumbs up

Yeah i knew but i just keep wondering why Arsenal keep missing out on good players because they cannot afford to add 2 -3 million and we we are rated among big clubs or maybe?
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next