Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 am

Lol i meant to say that u posted in the wrong thread. Unless u meant to post it here

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by REWB Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 am

bale is worth 40million at best, nobody is going to pay 70million for him. lol RONALDO went for 80million, you telling me bale has done enough to justify a 70million price tag dude?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 05, 2013 4:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Atm i would want us to 'try' with these players

Jovetic
Benzema
Higuain
Villa
Benteke

If they all fail

Arouna kone The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Xowen10

How about:

Jovetic
Benzema
Higuain

if they all fail
Benteke

if that fails
Villa

if that fail too
Kone
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Problem is playing Benteke and Giroud together because we're not gonna buy Benteke to bench Giroud, if we're signing someone to do that he should be significantly better, not debatabl-y.

Higuain/Jovetic would be immense.

Villa/Remy would be more realistic.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun May 05, 2013 9:41 pm

this is all over social networks but i dunno

According to Fiorentina's President ; Mario Cognigni , Setvan Jovetic has agreed to sign for Arsenal . [Eurosport]
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Jovetic: "It's a great pleasure to be watched by Arsenal. They're a great club, one of biggest in Europe. Maybe one day I'll play there."

http://mercato.eurosport.fr/football/serie-a-1/2012-2013/fiorentina-jovetic-la-bonne-pioche-d-arsenal_sto3709452/story.shtml

hmm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun May 05, 2013 9:57 pm

meh knew it was BS No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 pm

BUT HEY at least that la stampa report that he has rejected us is BS as well banana

and the shit has already began before we finish the season lol
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Jovetic talking about Arsenal like he did is very interesting. I think something verbally is done behind the scenes between player and us.

I also think if Wenger has his way, we'll sign Adler, Kondogbia and Jovetic.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Those signings would be amazing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Saying that, I think Gonalons and Villa are more likely - and cheaper.

2012/13?

Adler

Sagna Williams Koscielny Gibbs

Arteta Gonalons Wilshere

Walcott Villa Cazorla

-- Szczesny Mertesacker Monreal Rosicky Chamberlain Podolski Giroud

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm

The old cynical side of me interprets that quote as a generic statement in response to a question about Arsenal's interest.

There's been a lot of reports like that recently, but I still don't feel we're likely to sign him. There's just too much going against this transfer happening.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Was thinking, why aren't we in for someone like Soldado?

25 goals this season for Valencia. 27 goals last season. 25 goals season before. Still only 27-years old

Soldado's Valencia career to date (2010-2013): 137 appearances (113 starts) 77 goals (Averages a goal every 1.7 games)

Soldado has 17 goals in 27 European games for Valencia (15 in 20 champions league games).

2012/13: 42 apps (37 starts) 25 goals
2011/12: 51 apps (45 starts) 27 goals
2010/11: 44 apps (31 starts) 25 goals

hmm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 05, 2013 11:50 pm

You need a forward with intelligence and guile.

Enough of the pace merchants , poachers and target men, they are all nice options but not what you need for a starter.

They needs to be someone with intelligence up there who can slow the attacks down and stop this 100mph without thinking crap and create space for others.

Don't just look at goal return, look at players who actually fit for what you need.

Van Persie is the model, look for players of that type and as long as you don't go and sell players lie morons again you will be challenging again.

Based on this Villa, Higuain, Remy and Soldado are all massive no no's.

Don't do a Chelsea and buy players built for possession and interchange and then buy a striker built for direct play and crossing for gods sake.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You need a forward with intelligence and guile.

Enough of the pace merchants , poachers and target men, they are all nice options but not what you need for a starter.

They needs to be someone with intelligence up there who can slow the attacks down and stop this 100mph without thinking crap and create space for others.

Don't just look at goal return, look at players who actually fit for what you need.

Van Persie is the model, look for players of that type and as long as you don't go and sell players lie morons again you will be challenging again.

Based on this Villa, Higuain, Remy and Soldado are all massive no no's.

Don't do a Chelsea and buy players built for possession and interchange and then buy a striker built for direct play and crossing for gods sake.

Interesting points. But who's the answer?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 am

The best options for us off the top of my head are Lewandowski and Jovetic. I'd put Villa in with this group of players, too, because his technical quality is beyond that of a no. 9 like, say, Higuain or Soldado.

Club must be willing to pay a lot of money, though, otherwise we may as well just buy Aliadiere. :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 am

Jovetic is the answer

Never been this excited about a transfer news since mata.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 06, 2013 1:07 am

RealGunner wrote:Jovetic is the answer

Never been this excited about a transfer news since mata.

I pray for you.

You guys won't get Jovetic and you will be really sad afterwards No

Pls find a safe place RG
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon May 06, 2013 4:04 am

cant understand the logic about Villa being our transfer target.. he is 31.. so sign him for 10-25 million on a 2 yr contract for high wages ? and letting him go free ? bad piece of business..
he is not worth it.. no other clubs are linked to him.. nobody wants him.. we would better benefit giving time to our youngsters than buying him, in the long term..
so NO TO VILLA..!!
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 pm

I hear Arsenal are interested in taking Jese on loan hmm

Fabianski
Jenkinson-Merte-Kos-Nacho
Wilshere-Kondogbia
Theo-Cazorla-Jese
Jovetic

*fap* *fap*
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Mon May 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Wilson37 wrote:cant understand the logic about Villa being our transfer target.. he is 31.. so sign him for 10-25 million on a 2 yr contract for high wages ? and letting him go free ? bad piece of business..
he is not worth it.. no other clubs are linked to him.. nobody wants him.. we would better benefit giving time to our youngsters than buying him, in the long term..
so NO TO VILLA..!!
Thumbs up

You are very correct i don't know why club like us is ever interested in a player like Villa? one of the reason i like the deal for the c--t called RIP is because we got 24m for a player going into his 30s and on a one year contract remaining. But getting Villa for 10 to 25 m is not only a bad business but a very poor one Shocked
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Villa is difficult. His age, to me, isn't the primary problem. I think sometimes there's too much made of the fact that a player has crossed 30 and, "oh no, their game stats plummet bro!" It's the fact that his wages would probably be high, and by Arsenal standards his fee will still also be high (even if he came "cheap"), and then there's the question of adapting to a new league & country ... a lot of costly variables for a player who might not be able to adapt.

If Villa were to leave Barca to be an important player at another club in Spain, that would make sense. Like if another club were to take Negredo or Soldado, I think those fees could do well to bringing Villa to Sevilla or (back) to Valencia - just hypothetically.

Really good player, still quality IMO, but I'd only be happy about him at Arsenal under certain circumstances.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 06, 2013 3:44 pm

CESC FABREGAS COULD RETURN TO ARSENAL
Forget a striker just bring Cesc back. Proud
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/312931/

QPR striker Remy wants to complete dream £6m move to Arsenal

Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-striker-loic-remy-wants-1870017#ixzz2SWY1hl7Z

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:CESC FABREGAS COULD RETURN TO ARSENAL

Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-striker-loic-remy-wants-1870017#ixzz2SWY1hl7Z

Shoddy journalism at best. You would do well to guard your emotions against such trash Raptor.

The Cesc article is speculative, at best. And even that is stretching it.

And never buy 'X told his friends' as a source. Thats as random as they can get.

No way are we selling Poldi for a 12m sum after one season, and a injury plagued one at that. There is a lot more to come from him - mark my words.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Villa will be in his last year of his contract, so a transfer fee wouldn't be too high. His wages would be but, then, you need to pay the better players the top wages and if we shift the deadwood we'd be able to afford it easily. At the very least, we'd have to pay the likes of Jovetic, Higuain or Lewandowski similar amounts.

Like Chumlum says, players don't suddenly lose their quality when they enter their 30's. Arteta is 31 and Rosicky is 32 yet both perform very well on a consistent basis. Hell, Antonio Di Natale is 35 and is Serie A's second highest scorer with 20 goals this year.

Villa may not be as quick as he used to be but I don't think he has lost any of his intelligence or technique.

He may have a problem adapting to the league, but then, I see the likes of Raul, who went to Germany in his mid-thirties and did very well, and Klose, who's only recently gone to Italy in his thirties and is doing extremely well. Class tends to shine through, regardless of where the football is being played.

No resale value is no issue at all for us, since our current transfer policy has seen us bring in the likes of Mertesacker, Arteta, Podolski, Cazorla, etc. who are all in their late 20's approaching their 30's.

Ideally, you would want a player in his early to mid-twenties who could lead the line for four or five years, but the number of strikers who fit that mould that are better than what we have and have the qualities we want to have is small. A lot of top clubs are after strikers this summer, so competition is going to be stiff. Villa, for me, would be a very good fall back option if we can't get one of the younger guys.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:CESC FABREGAS COULD RETURN TO ARSENAL

Shoddy journalism at best. You would do well to guard your emotions against such trash Raptor.

The Cesc article is speculative, at best. And even that is stretching it.

And never buy 'X told his friends' as a source. Thats as random as they can get.

No way are we selling Poldi for a 12m sum after one season, and a injury plagued one at that. There is a lot more to come from him - mark my words.

I agree.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next