LeSwagg James
urbaNRoots
Lex
Die Borussen
Babun
59 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Champions League Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Semi Final Draw

Post by Die Borussen Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 pm

right now, people can only guess, make predictions, expressing just their Opinion, nothing more.
you cant say barca is gonna get eliminated no matter who they draw.. you just cant.. its barca..

4 top teams with dortmund being slightly inferior (imo), given what bayern has done in the last years they definitely are not 'favorites',
none is favorite imo.

but madrid will win it :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Champions League Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Semi Final Draw

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Ausi90 wrote:what makes u think they have a chance with Barca, when they couldn't even defeat Malaga without an offside goal?
Just stop it. Like Malaga didn't score an offside goal of their own.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:53 pm

I honestly belive that out of those teams, Bayern would be "easier" for Barça because of their style of play. While Dortmund and Madrid will gladly give you the possession so they can counter-attack, Bayern are a possession based team like Barça. And no team can keep the ball as well as Barça.

sportsczy wrote:It took Mou a year to figure out Barca... literally 12 months.

Actually it took him 2 years. Last season you only won 1 out of 6 games and that's not figuring out, is it?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm

harhar11 wrote:I honestly belive that out of those teams, Bayern would be "easier" for Barça because of their style of play. While Dortmund and Madrid will gladly give you the possession so they can counter-attack, Bayern are a possession based team like Barça. And no team can keep the ball as well as Barça.

Actually it took him 2 years. Last season you only won 1 out of 6 games and that's not figuring out, is it?
Didn't know guys like Ribéry, Robben and Müller can't counter attack.

Plus, I'd argue you'd have a better chance of beating Barca while actually attacking them, rather than sitting deep and getting raped as most teams do. Barca's defense this season is laughable and Bayern have enough quality to at least try to match up to Barca's midfield.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 pm

or it took abidal a year to have his career ended hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm

harhar11 wrote:I honestly belive that out of those teams, Bayern would be "easier" for Barça because of their style of play. While Dortmund and Madrid will gladly give you the possession so they can counter-attack, Bayern are a possession based team like Barça. And no team can keep the ball as well as Barça.
Well, Bayern are second and only a few percent points behind Barca in the possession stats. But what makes them really dangerous is that they have no qualms about letting another team get possession and then countering with lightning speed. I think it would be very interesting to see the FCB^2 match-up.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

Didn't know guys like Ribéry, Robben and Müller can't counter attack.

Plus, I'd argue you'd have a better chance of beating Barca while actually attacking them, rather than sitting deep and getting raped as most teams do. Barca's defense this season is laughable and Bayern have enough quality to at least try to match up to Barca's midfield.

Not true, the only team who beats us has been teams that plays with 10 defenders and counter-attack us, while everyone who tries to play attacking football tend to get murdered..

And I never said that those guys can't counter-attack, I just said that you tend to have more possession than the other 2..

rwo power wrote:
Well, Bayern are second and only a few percent points behind Barca in the possession stats. But what makes them really dangerous is that they have no qualms about letting another team get possession and then countering with lightning speed. I think it would be very interesting to see the FCB^2 match-up.

Really? I wont lie, I don't watch bundesliga a whole lot, but everytime I see Bayern play they always have the majority of the ball. I know it was like that against Real Madrid, home and away. So I didn't know that they would gladly give up possession like Dortmund or Real Madrid..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 pm

If we faced Bayern, they wont suffer because we have the ball like the reverse would be true.

if Bayern had 60% of the ball, we would lose and lose badly.

If we have even 70% of the ball, there is no gaurentee that means Bayern would lose, or even struggle.

They attack the channels too well, their goalie, back 4 and two midfielders are good enough and most importantly, they press well. They are better than us in terms of pressing.

Where we can get joy is if we press, I think they would struggle with that...but we dont press anymore with consistency so banking on us doing that is pointless.

Other than that, we will have to rely on the fact Messi is the best player on the pitch and thats about it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 pm

That being said, I would rather face them than Madrid. They are better than Madrid, but Madrid is a harder game for us.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:That being said, I would rather face them than Madrid. They are better than Madrid, but Madrid is a harder game for us.

So you agree with me?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 pm

13 months actually. Lost la liga game in Dec 2010 (first clasico for mou) and CDR tie in Jan 2012. Haven't lost a thing since.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:17 am

I would like to see:

Real - Bayern
Barca - Dortmund

Both of the matchups would be 50/50 as Dortmund would be epic on the counter against Barca.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 am

harhar11 wrote:Really? I wont lie, I don't watch bundesliga a whole lot, but everytime I see Bayern play they always have the majority of the ball. I know it was like that against Real Madrid, home and away. So I didn't know that they would gladly give up possession like Dortmund or Real Madrid..
Well, normally Bayern have an average posession of 64% (Barca: 69.4%) in the league according to whoscored.com: http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

But if you look for example at the CL Last 16 1st leg Arsenal - Bayern, you will find that Bayern only had 45% possession and still were utterly dominant.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000348/match=2009588/index.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 am

On the bright side, no Malaga and PSG in the semis cheers Beautiful
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 am

harhar11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:That being said, I would rather face them than Madrid. They are better than Madrid, but Madrid is a harder game for us.

So you agree with me?

Well I think Dortmund are easier than both for us, I think you felt Bayern were easier for us? I dont agree with that.

The fact Dortmund are less seasoned, younger and for me less talented makes them easier for us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:05 am

FCB vs FCB pls
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 am

Dortmund or Bayern thanks. Madrid will be a much tougher game physically and mentally... Saying that Bayern's pressing is brilliant and the players to get behind our shit defense...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:37 am

i dont think ill watch an el clasico semi final. would much prefer to see madrid-dortmund and bayern-barca

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 am

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont think ill watch an el clasico semi final. would much prefer to see madrid-dortmund and bayern-barca
Errr....isn't that exactly what it is? Or is there a draw?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:55 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Dortmund vs Real Madrid
Bayern vs Barcelona

Make it happen, football gods!
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:56 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:i dont think ill watch an el clasico semi final. would much prefer to see madrid-dortmund and bayern-barca
Errr....isn't that exactly what it is? Or is there a draw?

draw i believe. april 12th.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 am

Bayern enjoys more possession due to the poor quality of Bundesliga teams. In UCL, they don't enjoy as high amounts of possession as they do in Bundesliga. Barca will certainly dominate the possession when these two sides meet, which will be around 60-63% imo.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 am

Ribery, Kroos, Robben and co. to run riot on Bartra and co. LOL
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:La Liga - Bundesliga final played in EPL stadium

Serie A watching at home,

state of europe right there
Wembley isn't actually an EPL stadium :coffee:
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:36 am

Barca's defense will survive if we start Bartra every game leading up to the semi's. We have a better chance with him in the side than either Adriano or Song.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 am

I really hope we get Dortmund. We might have failed to beat them in the Group stages but trust me Mou will plan for the game and we will beat them ala lyon. Barca is another tie that would be great but I'd rather have them in the final because in a two legged tie they wil be harder to beat besides they are the definition of clutch always delivers when it matters

I just hope we play the away leg first cuz then we can get ourselves away goals and finish it off at home.

I will commit emotional suicide if we get bayern altho we can beat them they will take advantage of our weaknesses. it would be a great game for the neutrals tho >. <

please mcmanamen do your job yh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next