rwo power
billy_gr
Clockwork Orange
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Johan Cruijff appreciation thread Empty Johan Cruijff appreciation thread

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Forgive my ignorance but I cannot think of any single person that has had such a massive influence on the way that football is translated on the pitch. He is one of the main reasons that teams today stricve to be protagonists on the pitch. The dutch school of influence has been seen in all the great teams. Even in Calcio, a place swarming with anti-football, was influenced heavily. Arrigo Sacchi, a man from my own heart took principles from the Golden Ajax team of the 70s and implemented them into his team. Frank Rijkaard and Marco van Basten (both of whom were Ajax youth products) changed Milan's history, from a club that was sufferering for 50+ years, to becoming one of the European elite. Cruijf's influence is responsible for the current high lords of football, Barcelona's amazing football style.

I hope his vision can help us and I hope in 10+ years, AFC Ajax will surely rise again. Please moderators and administrators I know that English premiership fans will try and troll, I urge you to be active in your duties. ty.

Last edited by Clockwork Orange on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Johan Cruijff appreciation thread Empty Re: Johan Cruijff appreciation thread

Post by billy_gr Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:12 pm

The most influential, as in “the only one”.
The title is occupied by Mou, the most influential person in sports. Ever. Period.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Jose Mourinho is a man that has perfected the art of anti-football. The incarnate of Helenio Herrera himself. Men like him make me feel sorry for the way football is heading and I will be glad once a club such as Real Madrid get rid of him. He is one of the biggest problems in football. Self entitled, arrogant and no tactical variation. I sincereley hope he goes back to the Savage Premier League. I must admit seeing him suffer this season has brought me an ounce of joy.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm

I was being sarcastic
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:22 pm

billy_gr wrote:I was being sarcastic

I am well aware :p
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Er... This is about Johan Cruijff *looks darkly at the people trying to derail*

And yeah, he definitely was a huge influence in style of teamplay and tactics that is still noticeable today.

On the other hand, if you look at individual style, then players like Pelé or Maradona are definitely at the forefront as they made many people try to emulate them.

"Influential" needs to be looked at from several perspectives IMO. Franz Beckenbauer was and is highly influential, too, and so far he was the only person who excelled as player, team manager (WC1990) and administrator (WC2006).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 pm

How can one man ever be the most influential in a sport with such a rich history? /endthread

N.B. I'm not disputing Crujff's importance, just the title of "most influential".
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 pm

The indomitable rwo power :bow:

I agree with your previous assertions. Surely a player like Garrincha was more influencial as he was a reference point for players like Pele, Gerson, Tostao etc

Ah the Kaiser Sad

My grandfather had a begrudging respect for him and always points back to our defeat in the World Cup final of 1974, a match a football connoisseur such as yourself is no doubt aware of. His organisation both on the field and on the field is exemplary, something modern coaches can look at.

What I loved the most about Cruijff was/is his appreciatiion for space on the pitch, both as a player and as a coach. It is that appreciation that led the dream team of FC Barcelona to play extrememly vertical football and still manager to retain the ball. Something I haven't seen any coach mimic today with the exception of one Josep Guardiola Very Happy
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:How can one man ever be the most influential in a sport with such a rich history? /endthread

N.B. I'm not disputing Crujff's importance, just the title of "most influential".

I have re-worded the title to esure that we do not go off topic. Please appreciate him as his influence was shown in your team.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:How can one man ever be the most influential in a sport with such a rich history? /endthread

I have re-worded the title to esure that we do not go off topic. Please appreciate him as his influence was shown in your team.
I am well aware of his football influence on Milan and other clubs, I just thought that naming 1 man as football's most influential figure was an exercise in futility.

Appreciated :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Well, I have watched the WC1974 final several times by now (it is pretty often repeated on German TV as one of the milestones of German football), and the Dutch team then was really something. Sometimes it is a pity that one can't leave such a match as draw and just give both parties the cup. ^^

Johan Cruijff :bow: (Although I really liked Jan Jongbloed better of that team - and I found it funny that he wore the number 8 XD)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Honestly I'm pretty sure Jose and Cruyff would have been bros in another life.

Against Levante Madrid were playing things reminiscent of Cruyff's Ajax. 74% possession, 36 shots, 5 goals including some goalazos and well worked passing moves.

Cruyff secretly adores Jose Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm

How does the OP think Rinus Michel's influence compares to Cruyff's?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:I hope his vision can help us and I hope in 10+ years, AFC Ajax will surely rise again. Please moderators and administrators I know that English premiership fans will try and troll, I urge you to be active in your duties. ty.
I thought Cruyff was ousted out of Ajax by the board?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:56 pm

futbol wrote:How does the OP think Rinus Michel's influence compares to Cruyff's?

Rinus Michels is the high father and the most important man in Dutch football history. To use an analogy, If Johan Cruijff is the chosen one, Rinus Miches is god Smile

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:I hope his vision can help us and I hope in 10+ years, AFC Ajax will surely rise again. Please moderators and administrators I know that English premiership fans will try and troll, I urge you to be active in your duties. ty.
I thought Cruyff was ousted out of Ajax by the board?

No he wasn't. He got a lawyer to block Louis van Gaal from becoming CEO. It is his vision that is guiding the club. I appreciate what van Gaal has done but he would have made our team play monotonous football. He focusese too much on the system while Cruijff focuses much more on the indivisdual. Frank de Boer is trying to find a balance like I feel Josep Guardiola accomplished in 2011.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm

The great man thinks Neymar is unecessary and I am inclined to agree with him
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:35 pm

How you seen this video of the great Cruyff explaining how he interprets the diamond formation Clockwork?

Decent watch.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Gil wrote:How you seen this video of the great Cruyff explaining how he interprets the diamond formation Clockwork?

Decent watch.

Of course I have Very Happy

I have seen the full interview Very Happy

He is without a doubt the greatest mind in football history.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 pm

bump

When a young Valdano confronted Cruyff

Most men in the world of football rarely say anything. Not that they don’t produce the sounds that make up words, but once you carve through the thick layer of clichés streaming out of their mouths, you usually find nothing of value.

But there are exceptions. One man never lost for words of meaning is Jorge Valdano. Blessed with a poetic mind, he has the ability to both see and express things beautifully – as evidenced by this collection of quotations.

But on a Saturday night in the mid 1970′s he was left speechless after he had sought the confrontation with another man who can’t stop talking. Johan Cruyff.

Today, Jorge Valdano and Johan Cruyff are 58 and 66 years old respectively, friends, and both genuine lovers of football. Valdano is the hopeless romantic, who prefers the dream above the reality. Cruyff is the radical prophet who proclaims that he – and only he – knows how to make that dream a reality – if only everyone does exáctly as he tells them to.

But in the mid 70′s, Valdano was an unknown young footballler playing for Deportivo Alaves. Cruyff was the greatest footballer in the world, plying his trade for FC Barcelona. In a Copa del Rey match between their two clubs, Cruyff and Valdano had an interesting exchange of words.

Valdano recently narrated the story to Argentine paper El Grafico:

Valdano young“It was in the Copa del Rey, early in my career. Cruyff was the owner of the show, directing teammates, opponents – everyone.”

“Everytime there was a foul, Cruyff grabbed the ball under his arm. The match stopped and resumed only when he wanted it so.”

Valdano grew tired of Cruyff’s attempts to extend his influence over every square inch of the pitch. Valdano may have been a nobody at the time, but he never had trouble converting his thoughts into words.

“At one point, while Cruyff was carrying the ball again, I said, Look, why don’t you go home with that ball and give us another so we can keep playing?“.

Picture the scene, as Valdano stands there looking at Cruyff, having just challenged the Maestro himself, like a young chimpansee having thrown a rock at the established leader of the Chimp pack, awaiting his reaction with a mixture of resolve and growing doubt about the wisdom of his act.

Cruyff wasn’t impressed.

“He put his arm around my shoulder and said, What’s your name?“?

“I said, Jorge Valdano.”

“Then: And how old are you?.”

“I replied 20.”

“He looked at me and left me cold: “And you do not know that 20-year-old boys ought to address me as “Mister Cruyff”?”

At that point, for the first and last time in the life of Jorge Valdano, his mouth opened, and without the sound of words accompanying it, breath left his body – in silence.
http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/10/13/when-a-young-valdano-confronted-cruyff/

Cruyff Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Cruijff can go *bleep* himself in front of an out of control train for all I care.

Self entitled, cocky, arrogant egomaniac.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Unlike your most humble current coach.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:56 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:09 am

At least our "most humble current coach" doesn't shit on anybody that doesn't play football the way he likes it zzzzzzzzzz
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:16 am

Better than being a hypocrite. At least Cruyff has a principle and sticks to it, regardless of who goes against it. Whereas, your guy picks and chooses what he wants to complain about depending on what role he is playing today.

Let me know when he stops complaining about someone playing anti football again.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am

Blue Barrett wrote:At least our "most humble current coach" doesn't shit on anybody that doesn't play football the way he likes it zzzzzzzzzz
You have a short memory Laughing

Mourinho has complained about how people play almost every time he loses Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next