Zealous
Forza
rwo power
billy_gr
Clockwork Orange
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Johan Cruijff appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Cruijff appreciation thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:At least our "most humble current coach" doesn't shit on anybody that doesn't play football the way he likes it zzzzzzzzzz
You have a short memory Laughing

Mourinho has complained about how people play almost every time he loses Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Johan Cruijff appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Cruijff appreciation thread

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:28 pm

At least he hasn't lost 4-0 in a CL final Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Because 5-0 in the league is much less shameful.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:Unlike your most humble current coach.

aaaaaaaaand headshot.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Cas Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Better than being a hypocrite. At least Cruyff has a principle and sticks to it, regardless of who goes against it. Whereas, your guy picks and chooses what he wants to complain about depending on what role he is playing today.

Let me know when he stops complaining about someone playing anti football again.

Because Mou "complains" about someone playing "anti-football?" Pull up a quote real quick.

I've never seen him say team xyz are "disgusting" and its a "disgrace" that they won xyz competition and its a "stain" on football and what it "should" be. Sounds like a delusional egomaniac to me, good ole Cruyff.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Mourinho did say he would be ashamed to win the CL which barcelona won in 10/11. Which is pretty much as saying " disgrace they won the xyz competition "
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:30 pm

IIRC, he said they played shamefully after the semi-final tie against Barca(I could be wrong though). Not even the same, considering Mou was actually at the wrong end of a controversial tie. 2012 CL had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with that ragged old idiot Cruyff. Not to mention even if Mou had said that, he was referring to the semi-final tie(2 matches). Good man Cruyff was referring to our entire CL run. Every match.

And FWIW, I don't know why this is turning into a Mou vs Cruyff back and forth session. Whatever Mou happens to be does not change the fact that Cruyff is a self entitled "I'm superior to you" egomaniac.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:13 am

Alright guys, let's ease off. This is an appreciation thread. If a Messi fan goes to the Ronaldo appreciation thread and starts spouting stuff like "Ronaldo can go **** himself in front of a train for all I care" it's considered trolling. The same standards hold here. If some users would like to discuss how much of an ass Cruijff is, that's fine, just not in this thread.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Better than being a hypocrite. At least Cruyff has a principle and sticks to it, regardless of who goes against it. Whereas, your guy picks and chooses what he wants to complain about depending on what role he is playing today.

Let me know when he stops complaining about someone playing anti football again.

Because Mou "complains" about someone playing "anti-football?" Pull up a quote real quick.
They came here to defend and not to concede goals or space. They didn’t play to win,’ Mourinho sniped at United.

"Tottenham might as well have put the team bus in front of their goal," Mourinho said. "Sometimes when you are a big club, a very small club comes to your stadium. Tottenham got a point they shouldn't.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:21 pm

"In the space of two weeks Netherlands have collected four points from six international matches. PSV beat Manchester United and Ajax claimed a points at home against Celtic. And Holland failed to win any point, scoring zero goals and conceding four", Johan Cruyff writes in his weekly column in De Telegraaf.

"Apart from FC Groningen - Olympique Marseille and PSV - Manchester United, the opponents in all these matches were worse than our teams. With the notion that PSV could play from their opponent's strenghts. It was a pity that when they had to play to their own abilities, against Heracles, they failed to do so."

"Netherland are still champions in passing back to their goalkeeper, or playing the ball to a teammate standing next to them. And the goal difference of six goals scored and 13 conceded are not a cause for much celebration either."

"The few goals scored signify that the build up is currently our weakest aspect. Teams hardly combine anymore, most of the times the ball is played into the first line instead of the second line en almost never the ball is passed to a running teammate. The intensity of the play is low and we have become ridiculously slow in the turn-around."

"Several times I have said that all these aspects can be trained. The simple fact that especially these are so bad, tell us that many things go wrong in training. And because this is happening at many teams, I wonder what the coaching qualification is about."

"It is all the more annoying that we don't learn from our mistakes. Can someone please explain why at free kicks there is still a wall being placed, with the goalkeepers standing in the far corner and not in the short corner?"

"Who invents these things?"

"The same with corners. Why do all 11 players have to be in the penalty area? It cost Ajax a goal against Celtic. And it can be so simple. With 11 players in your own area you already have two players to0 many, because the opponent misses the goalkeeper and the corner taker. That's 11 against 9. If you keep three man in front, the opponent is being forced to cover these wihich makes it 8 against 6. Another step further would be to post two players just outside the area so it becomes 6 against 4, or even 6.5 against 4 because you have someone who can use his hands in your team."

"What I want to say is that there are many ways to avoid players running into a goalkeeper or obstruct him when there are 16 players surrounding him. This also leads to the question: Who comes up with these ideas?. The goalkeeper, the goalkeepeing coach or the manager? I don't understand it anymore.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 pm

This guy has so much to say which is just going to waste.

I wish I could spend just an hour with a pen and pad and write down basically everything he says.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I wish I could spend just an hour with a pen and pad and write down basically everything he says.

He writes a fair bit of stuff on his website. All his weekly columns, are translated on there. I'm guessing you already know it, but if not:

http://cruyff.com/asp/eng/news.asp

His latest rant was on teams using a 4-2-1-3 while building from the back.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 pm

"I can give you more than 10 reasons why a 'number 10' does not work in a 4-3-3 system. It does not make you stronger, but weaker." Johan Cruyff has his doubts about Ajax' choice to field a so called 'number 10' in their system and discusses his concerns in his weekly column in Dutch newspaper 'De Telegraaf'.

"During the eighties, when I was manager of Ajax, all of our opponents played the 4-4-2 system with two forwards. In order to get an extra tactical advantage, we decided to field three defenders, changing from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3, where our midfield was set up as a diamond."

"We did not actually played 3-4-3, but more a 3-1-2-1-3 system, creating two extra lines which made the execution of the positioning play even better. The 'number 10' was the player behind the three forwards. At Ajax I chose John Bosman and later at Barcelona for José Bakero."

"The past couple of years the opponents have figured out this little trick and decided to once again field three forwards.This often entailed a striker with two wingers, forcing you to use four defenders yet again. Fielding a '10' in this situation is risky."

"To preserve the right balance, the centre midfielder should not be fielded in an attacking, but in a defensive position. Thus, a 'number 6' instead of a 'number 10'.

"With a '10' you will play 4-2-1-3 and with a '6' it will be 4-1-2-3. Taking a good look at the two numbers in the middle, you can see that with a '10' two players are behind the ball and one is set up offensively, as with a '6' three (1+2) players are behind the ball of which two are offensive. This is how you kill two birds with one stone: both defensively as offensively you will have an extra player."

"By choosing the '10' anyway, you will get yourself in trouble as soon as the opponent are pushing forward. In this case, there will be only two midfielders behind the ball, who are also required to give a pass 60 metres broadwise. This is impossible to do."

Casciavit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

He writes a fair bit of stuff on his website. All his weekly columns, are translated on there. I'm guessing you already know it, but if not:

That's where I got the quote from...pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Casciavit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah, I do. But I just meant Id like to ask him. But yeah, he has had a problem with that formation forever. Me too. I refuse to use it, though for slightly different reasons to Cruyff
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm

"I've always liked technical players because I've been a bit like that. Cristiano is a great player, but he's just a goalscorer. Cristiano will never be the player who can create or take care team that his team plays well. He is just a finisher."

"Messi is much more a team player than Cristiano is. He scores but also produces many assists. For me as a player, Messi is better. There is a big difference in being just a great goalscorer and being the best player. Messi deserves Ballon d'Or, no discussion."

"Every person that understands football knows this. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that some people actually think Messi isn't the best."

"This isn't about Cristiano at all. He's a fantastic player, one of the best goalscorers ever. This is about how ridiculously good Messi is."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:41 pm

He's right.

Although Ronaldo was not always that way and people tend to forget that because of how selfish and self-centered he became after moving to RM.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:44 pm

He was ALWAYS that way. If anything people are now rewriting history how he used to be so different at United. One of the worst and most selfish CL final performances you'll ever see was in 2009 when Ronaldo took 40 yard shots from everywhere and didn't pass a single ball.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm

He was always selfish, absolutely, but he used to have more aspects to his game than just good positioning and running fast. His interplay was better, he actually could dribble and carry the ball to create space for others, and his free kicks were much better.

He scores more goals now, but it's because even though he was selfish before he's infinitely more selfish now. Nobody is re-writing history.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:51 pm

You guys are right about Ronaldo but his flaws are even more apparent because of Messi being his rival. However He's one of the best goalscorer ever , I won't belittle that.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:53 pm

Curtinho wrote:He was always selfish, absolutely, but he used to have more aspects to his game than just good positioning and running fast. His interplay was better, he actually could dribble and carry the ball to create space for others, and his free kicks were much better.

Yes, that's true.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:57 pm

This thread is still about Johan Cruijff - could you please be so kind and return to him?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Cruyff, what a man. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Cruyff, the legend. Molenation The greatest gift to football in history.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Which reminds me - I posted this in another thread, but I think this great pic by Dan Leydon would fit very nicely, here, too:
Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Johan Cruyff diagnosed with lung cancer

Johan Cruyff is suffering from lung cancer, according to reports on Catalunya Ràdio and RAC1.
The disease was diagnosed on Tuesday, but the 68-year-old Dutch national team, Ajax and Barça legend is set to undergo further tests to determine what stage the cancer is at and the best course of treatment.

Cruyff is in the record books at the Nou Camp for being the first manager to win the European Cup with FC Barcelona.

Legendary Dutch former player and manager is the product of Ajax's infamous youth academy after breaking through in the 70's and went on to propose the idea of 'La Masia' in Barcelona, the world famous youth academy that has produced the likes of Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernández, Andrés Iniesta and Cesc Fàbregas among others.

Cruyff has a history of medical problems having been forced into double heart bypass surgery in 1991 while in charge of Barcelona.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next