Jack Daniels
Onyx
futbol
Pedram
juventus101
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane Empty Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane

Post by juventus101 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Bonucci, Barzagli, and Chiellini

Vs

Pepe, Varane, and Ramos

Which is the better trio of CBs?

Does any other team have a comparable trio?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane Empty Re: Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Juventus trio.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane Empty Re: Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane

Post by futbol Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:18 pm

juventus101 wrote:Does any other team have a comparable trio?

If not then the quality of defenders is at an all-time low.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:34 pm

I don't really watch Juventus, but if I did, I probably would find something wrong with Barzagli/Bonucci/Chiellini. However I'm sure most people would, since not every player is perfect.

However based on hype, I'll say Barzagli/Bonucci/Chiellini overall. But if I was given the choice individually, I'd probably choose Varane and Ramos over 2 of the Juventus defenders. Not really a fan of Pepe, so I'd choose Barzagli/Bonnuci/Chiellini over him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Juve trio no question.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Juve trio without a shadow of a doubt
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:52 pm

well seeing what bayern did this tuesday,.... um yeah Madrid trio anyday
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I'd take Barzagli, Varane and Chiellini.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Juventus trio Smile
Pepe/Varane/Ramos is a good trio but i see our defense is more balanced and all our defenders are -almost- at same level
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Really? One of Europe's best defense against a Portuguese Paolo Montero, a Spaniard who has regressed badly and a 19 year old noob?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Considering that Bayern have a superior defensive record compared to any other European team, basing this on goals conceeded, it's scary to know that Dante-Boateng-Van Buyten have to be taken into account...

As for this thread, Juve trio by far.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Last year all the praise Barzagli was getting was just about right. This season he's being overrated. The second Juve fans put his name next to Thiago Silva, he was hyped too much for his own good. He's got weaknesses to his game that people are overlooking.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Last year all the praise Barzagli was getting was just about right. This season he's being overrated. The second Juve fans put his name next to Thiago Silva, he was hyped too much for his own good. He's got weaknesses to his game that people are overlooking.

Barzagli and Chiellini are both better than Silva in my opinion. Or at least on the same level. Never bought into the Silva hype. Hes certainly a top defender, but you guys act like he was the second coming of Maldini or something. Its also always forgotten that for the big games Nests pretty much always rolled back the years and totally outshone Silva, especially multiple times against Barcelona. No shame in getting outshone by Nesta, but when you have someone that good next to you it certainly makes you look better.

Please tell me what weaknesses you think Barzagli (and Chiellini) have, because I watch Juventus every week and I can safely say Barzagli has not been at fault for a single goal in a year and a half. A fully healthy Chiellini hasn't either.

As for Dante, Boateng, and Van Buyten. Dante is a world class defender, Top 5 in the world without any doubt in my mind. Boateng is around Bonuccis level, still improving with each season and is not too far off world class. Van Buyten is a slightly above average defender but really needs a partner that compliments him to be good. Altogether, I think Juventus' backline is slightly better individually as well as as a unit. The thing is with Bayern, they just pin back the opposition so much that a lot of the time their defends has nothing to do, similar to how Barca used to, basically "the best defense is a good offense" philosophy. Still think they are #2 behind Juventus though.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:06 am

Barzagli and Chiellini on Silva's level ? Please. TS is in a class of his own at the moment.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 am

Personally I think that T. silva is the best defender in the world. But this idea that he's untouchable and in his own league is beyond me.

Okay, last season he was part of a Milan defense which also had Nesta who was playing to an extremely high level. Yet our defence had an infinitely better record. This season he's got some horrible full-backs to cope with but the defensive record is equal to Juventus' record who are playing in serie A. Which definitely has better attacking talent in it than ligue 1.

Going by this, silva being an entire level above Barzagli, Chiellini is just not true.

Best CB at the moment? Yes

In his own league? Not even close.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 am

Pepe is much better than all defenders of Juve.

Juve defender are good only in catenaccio with a 3 men in defense and in a midfield very physical, individually they are mediocre .

Chiellini is so overrated, he is dirty, slow and has never been a great marker.
Bonucci has just good feet. Barzagli slow and old. They are defenders who would do shit in such offensive team like Real. Their limits are seen constantly in the national team.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:36 pm

"An offensive team like real"

Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane Mou_thumbs_reuters-454844

Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane Rafa-benitez-nufcTV-300x169

Bonucci/Barzagli/Chiellini vs Pepe/Ramos/Varane Zinedine-zidane-1459515655079
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:38 pm

Yeap, BBC, shit players.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Defensive under ZZ scratch

You could argue that Mou was negative or Rafa went all PTB after his team went ahead but ZZ? He was doing a "Rafa" last season and it always bit us in the backside because we can't play that kind of football as a team. This season we have not only stayed undefeated but we have also scored more and conceded less than we did last season in fact only Barca have scored more than us so far in Europe. To give a comparison we only scored 3 more goals in that impressive run under Carlo.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Very, very tough call.

I wanna say the Juventus trio, but I keep thinking about the fact that our CBs get little to no help and have to defend pretty much on their own. We're playing without a DM,  we have a LB who doesn't defend, and don't even get me started on the BBC.

This is why I rate Carvajal so high, the guy protects a whole flank on his own.

I'm not saying the Madrid trio is better but I think in order for the comparison to be sound we need to take all the aforementioned factors into account.

Still, I don't think it would be crazy to choose the Juventus trio. They're just amazing and I completely understand why they're widely seen as the best defensive hedgehog in Europe.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Killer wrote:Pepe is much better than all defenders of Juve.

Juve defender are good only in catenaccio with a 3 men in defense and in a midfield very physical, individually they are mediocre .

Bonucci has just good feet. Barzagli slow and old. They are defenders who would do shit in such offensive team like Real. Their limits are seen constantly in the national team.

Why did you bump this 3 year old thread hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:07 pm

M99 wrote:
Killer wrote:Pepe is much better than all defenders of Juve.

Why did you bump this 3 year old thread hmm

Why did he bump this 3 year old thread with such utter nonsense is a better question hmm

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Everyone makes fun of Ramos' biweekly blunders and Varane is 23. That should be the length of this comparison.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Madrid trio for me
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Chiellini, bonucci and barzagli would defend better with one eye closed and one leg tied back than Mr. brainfart, Mr. Psychopath and Mr. "He is so talented yet hasn't performed jackshit since God knows how much time".

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next