Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?

+22
hrealmadrid
ÖMARz
halamadrid2
Zealous
Il Capitano
StrugaRock
FalcaoPunch
VanDeezNuts
S32TABLANCA
Shamirr
II Capitano
ijomer
Mamad
Adit
Ganso
Onyx
Doc
Pedram
punkfusion1992
SuperMAG
Mr Nick09
huntsman
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?  Empty Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?

Post by huntsman Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Pepe is clumsy and draws alot of cards. He falls pretty easy and makes mistakes alot of them.

I think we should try and play varane more often and slowly promote him to first team and bench or sell pepe. I know it sounds like a crazy idea to some of you.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?  Empty Re: Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Not many woud oppose the idea of selling Pepe, but He is portuguese...

Only reason Pepe is still in madrid is because of Mourinho, the board wanted him gone.

He is a very good defender tho, he hasnt disappointed when he is playing. bar his balance issues he is great
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?  Empty Re: Why dont we play Varane sintead of Pepe?

Post by SuperMAG Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Not many woud oppose the idea of selling Pepe, but He is portuguese...

Only reason Pepe is still in madrid is because of Mourinho, the board wanted him gone.

He is a very good defender tho, he hasnt disappointed when he is playing. bar his balance issues he is great

WOOOOOOT, he is our most experienced and best CB, why would we sell him. Bar his balance problem and clumsyness, he is one of the best cb's in the world. he even improved more this season, he is reaching the twilight of his carrier, and you guys wanna sell him when he just reached his top. cammon guys.

I still beleave you got to play either Ramos or Pepe. A stopper and a reader makes defence unbreakible, look at our last classico, how many times alexis got behind our defence.

But i beleave varane deserves more playing time, we need to give him more so he can develop faster, i want him ready to start by the january 2013.

A more rotatio

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm

yeah why dont we bench one of our best defenders
next we should bench Casillas and Ronaldo too....
/sarcasm
get a hold of yourself
play an 18 year old instead of an experienced solid center back, whose only problem is not being able to play an inch perfect 30 yd pass
maybe in 2-3 year yes
but now Pepe is immensely important to Madrid and Varane should be back up
he is 18!! ffs, a certain Jese Rodriguez has to slog it out in the 3rd division and he too is really good
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm

:facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Unless Varane has the spirit of Maldini, Sammer and Bergomi within him, I don't think it's wise to replace a 19 year old youngster with a late twenties experienced defender who honestly hasn't been bad, just bat shit crazy and has balance issues...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Yeh Pepe is clumsy, has horrible balance, error prone, poor dribbling and can barely pass. He certainly isn't what you would call a 'solid' defender. However along with his weaknesses he certainly has his strengths.

Varane however looks composed and is better at all of the above.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:31 pm

i find him slightly overrated,hes not very solid against though opposition + hes hot headed(even though hes much calmer now)

About Varane,he hasnt been tested against a legitimate threat,way too early to start

Last edited by Ganso on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Would take a brave brave man to drop one of your experienced players to play a youngster especially if the said player is still pretty much in his prime. Don't think Mourinho has that sort of belly honestly...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 pm

pepe is solid enough against many big oppo,he raped ibra in bernabue...
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Pepe is a great CB. why we should bench him?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Not many woud oppose the idea of selling Pepe, but He is portuguese...

i didn't expect you to say this. neither did i expect you to agree with such a ludicrous idea..

you have deceived me.
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Ganso wrote:i find him slightly overrated,hes not very solid against though opposition + hes hot headed(even though hes much calmer now)

About Varane,he hasnt been tested against a legitimate threat,way too early to start

are you ok? he is better than thiago silva would ever be...

did u miss how pepe owned messi last season? :facepalm:
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 pm

ijomer wrote:
Ganso wrote:i find him slightly overrated,hes not very solid against though opposition + hes hot headed(even though hes much calmer now)

are you ok? he is better than thiago silva would ever be...

did u miss how pepe owned messi last season? :facepalm:

He is better than Thiago Silva ? are you serious ? :facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Firstly, Pepe is not better than Thiago Silva. Without a question of doubt, Silva is simply better, not even going to make a detailed post why. This notion of not having a world class centre-back, in Pepe, at centre-back is rather laughable. Who you going to play instead? Carvalho? Albiol? Varane has been amazing every time I've watched him, but, in my opinion, he's still too young and inexperienced to partner Ramos. Pepe shouldn't be disregarded because of the stupid things he does, of course he can cut them out, but you are forgetting Pepe and Ramos have been the two centre-backs in the league.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 pm

pepe better than silva and pepe destroying messi made me lmao
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 pm

okay Pepe is a great CB prolly top 10
but Thiago Silva is the best Center Beck on the planet
he is everything a center back should be
he is like putting Pepe and Ramos' strengths together
Thiago Silva is just a class above all the defenders on the planet atm
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Don't overrate Silva people.

he is very good though.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 pm

I said it before it was cool...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Pepe is neither better than Thiago Silva or an anti-Messi. But he is one of the top CBs in the world IMO.

Still, a bit more rotation wouldnt hurt.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:03 pm

ijomer wrote:

i didn't expect you to say this. neither did i expect you to agree with such a ludicrous idea..

you have deceived me.

i didnt say "drop pepe, play varane"

read again, and carefully. I just said that many wouldnt cry about pepe not being here, and he wouldnt be at the club if it wasnt for Mou.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 pm

i dont think i have seen varane make a mistake yet. mou give him a higher caliber match to test his skills more than cdr and relegation candidates

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:21 am

Because no top tier team is starting an inexperienced 18 year old as a CB.
That's why.
In due time.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 am

May I ask something?

Varane joined us at 18, so until he becomes 21 there are 3 years, and there is a CL rule for home grown players that says that a player must be at least three years at a club before he turns 21 to be considered a home grown player. So if Varane stays with us till he turns 21 will he be considered as same as a youth product ?
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Capitano Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 am

I suppose the mods enjoy the presence of this huntsman character far too much to unleash the final banhammer on him...
Il Capitano
Il Capitano
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum