Milan31
Il Diavolo
Milantildeath
IrasMaldinista
9 posters

Go down

The Calm Before the Storm Empty The Calm Before the Storm

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:32 am

Tension is high, only we can't quite see and feel it yet, or can we?

Only a few weeks ago we were jumping up & down screaming as Boateng and Muntari sent Barca champs home in a state of major depression, and we felt we are right on top of the world for having defeated one of the greatest club sides in human history.

As it turned out though, we realized that for all the undeniable organization, industry and efficiency we demonstrated in our play, Barcelona evidently were (and still are) experiencing a very bad dip in form (in contrast to us), and they've twice lost to their arch rivals in less than 10 days.

While every victory a club achieves is a reason to be happy and optimistic about, when the good run of form and results prolongs, there unfortunately comes the fear of a bad off-period.

Barca are extremely angry and hungry, they are wounded and ready to pounce again, while Milan are reveling in the current situation and are susceptible to a tiny slip any moment now.
When ManUTD lost Nani, all Real Madrid needed was 3 minutes to turn the whole tie around, what if...

Yes, that is what I'm afraid of: that cursed "What if...".

We can contain Messi, we can stifle Xavi, we can outpace Puyol and we can exploit the space behind Dani Alves, but if our form drops and Barca becomes "Barca" again, there's every chance that we will fall and fail to progress through to the crop of last 8.

Allegri would be wise not to even call up the likes of Montolivo, Ambrosini, Pazzini and Pharaoh for Genoa to keep energy levels as high as can be, because although what we showed in San Siro makes even a 3-0 victory a not-so-impossible scenario, Barcelona defeated Arsenal 4-0 when people believed Gunners are in with a loud shout. Let's also not forget what Arsenal did to us last year too, that scary 3-0...

We could easily be hit by our own profligacy, complacency and idiocy.
If we beat Barca in any fashion in Camp Nou, though, we can be sure that from then on, everything will become possible. EVERYTHING.

This calm is only temporary, we can't cling on to it for too long and a colossal storm is appearing on the horizon.
It's time we get our shields and swords out of the Rossonero armory... We need to fight, and fight hard.

Moment of truth is coming
By the end of the battle,
Shall we still be standing?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Calm Before the Storm Empty Re: The Calm Before the Storm

Post by Milantildeath Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 am

We must play for three points against Genoa, but we do need to rest players as well. I saw we get a lead then sub out SES and Montolivo immediately! For me, they are our most important players. Xavi might miss the return leg as well.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 am

I have to say, I agree with MTD on this one. SES and Montolivo are key to our game. Not playing them against Genoa is a big risk. Pazzini will probably be rested and Balo will take his place. Ambrosini will also likely not play. But without Monty, our team is toothless. The Barca game is very important, but so is the Genoa game. I'd rather we make sure we make it to the next CL then get knocked out in the last eight, and not make it next year. Allegri has a lot of thinking to do. So far, he has proven up to the task. Let's hope he continues down that path.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 am

I agree with you Iras. Milan tend to be complacent in these situations, perfect example is last year versus Arsenal. I really hope they learnt from the mistake and we can just stand our ground. We NEED the 3 points against Genoa, if we can get a early lead than rest key players, it would be perfect. Lets hope and pray...
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:39 am

We always beat Genoa. We should rest all our key players against them.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:18 am

I think SES should be rested like the 1st leg. Balo and Niang can get us through. Montolivo should play and get subbed of immediately if we have a 2 goal lead.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Iras, great post, keshavrajam here from the old forums...

I don't think complacency will be even 1% of a problem. We got complacent against Liverpool, Deportivo and Arseneal for 2 reasons:
1. We had a massive (3 goal lead)
2. We thought we were MUCH better than the opposition (this is true).

In this case, we only have a 2 goal lead, and our playing in the Nou Camp against the 2nd best club team in history (numero uno will always belong to Sacchi's Milan). We know the size of the task at hand, and the quality of the opposition we are facing. Complacency will not be an issue, trust me. 4-0 versus arsenal and 2-0 vs Barca are 2 different animals.

I'm not calm man... i've been freaking out about this game for the past 2 weeks. Barca is very likely going to get a bs red card or penalty too, let's not forget that.

I think SES should be rested because of his knee and because of how important his running will be against Barca, since he has to shut down Dani Alves and is also our chief counter attacking source. No one else should be rested tho.

The WORST POSSIBLE THING would be to go into the Barca game with the regret of having dropped points against Genoa. If we beat genoa, spirits and energy will be high and we can face Barca with the serenity that we have a solid position in the league.

I care for Milan more than is explainable or is healthy, and this game is going to be one heck of an emotional roller coaster. But I think we will win. I have faith.

The greatest club in the world will signal it's return to Europe's elite on the 12th day of March in the year 2013.

Forza Milan Per Sempre.

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Havent been this excited for a Milan game since Milan x Arsenal (4-0 Proud)

Im sure the team will not let us down if they learned anything from the emirates match.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Look how everybody's being hit in this Milan-Geona game.

Ah, Max Allegri, you IDIOT! you IDIOT!

Pazzini out after just 22 minutes, Mexes barely lasted 45 minutes, and hard runners like Constant might get injured/tired too...

We had the chance to rest as many layers as possible, and we didn't take it. We might still be well in contention to make it to the last 8, but is it worth the stress? Why should we make it so hard for ourselves?

Max said we have done well so far in the league and UCL - Says who?
Even if we are a young and totally NEW team, we still have this shiny little badges on our chests which belong to Milan, which means we have to play every game for victory.

A tired, injury-hit team on a plane due Barcelona...
WHY? WHY? WHY?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:40 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:Look how everybody's being hit in this Milan-Geona game.

Ah, Max Allegri, you IDIOT! you IDIOT!

Pazzini out after just 22 minutes, Mexes barely lasted 45 minutes, and hard runners like Constant might get injured/tired too...

We had the chance to rest as many layers as possible, and we didn't take it. We might still be well in contention to make it to the last 8, but is it worth the stress? Why should we make it so hard for ourselves?

Max said we have done well so far in the league and UCL - Says who?
Even if we are a young and totally NEW team, we still have this shiny little badges on our chests which belong to Milan, which means we have to play every game for victory.

A tired, injury-hit team on a plane due Barcelona...
WHY? WHY? WHY?

I completely agree with the team Allegri put out against Genoa. Abate deserved rest because he runs more than anyone on the team (yes, even more than SES) and is a huge part of our team going forward. De Sciglio is more than capable of covering for him. We absolutely needed three points from this match, no questions asked. Pazzini is in incredible form, and Balotelli is coming off an injury. Max went for the win, and I respect him for that. Getting into the champions league next season is the number one priority of the team this season, everything else is a bonus.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 am

looking at the good side,we played today (friday) which means we will have an extra day of rest over barca who probably arent going to rest that many players
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:17 am

Ganso wrote:looking at the good side,we played today (friday) which means we will have an extra day of rest over barca who probably arent going to rest that many players
great that the scheduling has been worked to give the league's European representatives all the necessary luxuries to do Italy proud on the continental stage ... bravo Serie A! Thumbs up

can't wait for the second leg ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down