Lex
Mamad
The Franchise
ronalessi
Onyx
98 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 am

De Gea won't be this godly again, if he sits back with this defense we'll surely get one in.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:38 am

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Why wouldnt they sit back? They are winning.

Sir Alex sat back on the last days of the Ronaldinho team at home, dont see why he wouldnt again.

This united team is not designed to sit back and absorb pressure. They took a gamble tonight, I very much doubt they'll take it again considering De Gea might not have a blinder again.

I disagree.

The Man Utd team we lost to?

--Hargreaves----Brown---Rio------Evra---

Park------------Carrick---Scholes-----Nani

---------------------Tevez-------------------

-------------------Ronaldo------------------

Less defensive players than the team you played today.

And in the game vs you, they are facing a team who want to counter instead of having the ball and unlike vs us, they dont have to score to win.

If Sir Alex doesnt play in a similar way to todays game, I would be shocked and consider it a big error.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

Zealous wrote:Come on they are at home. They'll be cautious but they will naturally be a bit more adventurous because we're going to let them be.

Again, I refer you to the Barca game.

And you know today, they had almost as many passes as you believe it or not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 am

I get what you're saying but are they going to keep a clean sheet against us? Because if they let us pressure them and we score first the shoe will then be on the other foot.

Fergie is smart he won't let us get on the front foot and hope De Gea gets them out of jail again. They're at home, they'll be more adventurous.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:Come on they are at home. They'll be cautious but they will naturally be a bit more adventurous because we're going to let them be.

Again, I refer you to the Barca game.

And you know today, they had almost as many passes as you believe it or not.

Not all passes are born equal, it's clear who was "on top" in this game eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

De Gea got them out of jail? Hardly.

I think they would be smart to do the exact same thing, the one and only difference is perhaps attack with more width. But no greater numbers..they got more than enough chances to win the game the way they played.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:46 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:De Gea won't be this godly again, if he sits back with this defense we'll surely get one in.

De Gea has performed better than this before and in recent weeks.

Don't be deceived by the fact he can't claim a cross to save his life, he's probably one of the best shot stoppers in world football and he consistently makes saves like he did today that has never been his problem.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:De Gea won't be this godly again, if he sits back with this defense we'll surely get one in.

De Gea has performed better than this before and in recent weeks.

Don't be deceived by the fact he can't claim a cross to save his life, he's probably one of the best shot stoppers in world football and he consistently makes saves like he did today that has never been his problem.

Oh I know he's got amazing reflexes, you forget I watch PL on a daily basis. But he was definitely on a higher level today imo. I'm hoping he doesn't repeat it next match.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 am

De Gea makes saves like the one against Coentrao every week?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 am

Madrid fans Laughing

I watched the game as a neutral and United looked the more likely side to win it today. DDG godly mode ??? only one of the saves he made was godly. Lopez himself made 2 absolutely brilliant saves from RVP.

Fergie is not a rookie to let the crowd and home factor get into his head and avoid his game plan. He eats 5 mourinhos for his lunch every week, and will be smart, sit deep and not take too many risks.

I think this will be a lot like Liverpool vs Madrid game in 2009. An absolute triumph for the English side who will clinical the sloppy, emotional Spaniards

going for 4-1 to United.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:58 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Madrid fans Laughing

I watched the game as a neutral and United looked the more likely side to win it today. DDG godly mode ??? only one of the saves he made was godly. Lopez himself made 2 absolutely brilliant saves from RVP.

Fergie is not a rookie to let the crowd and home factor get into his head and avoid his game plan. He eats 5 mourinhos for his lunch every week, and will be smart, sit deep and not take too many risks.

I think this will be a lot like Liverpool vs Madrid game in 2009. An absolute triumph for the English side who will clinical the sloppy, emotional Spaniards

going for 4-1 to United.

Go cry about the death of football in the rightback section where you belong. Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 am

Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:01 am

Zealous wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:Madrid fans Laughing

going for 4-1 to United.

Go cry about the death of football in the rightback section where you belong. Proud

Why? United didn't kill football today. They neutralized Madrid without killing the spirit of the game. It wasn't pretty viewing like when the cules play :bow: , but the tempo of the game was all controlled by United. It's not as United were super clinical and got lucky by converting their only chances, whereas Madrid kept missing chance after chance.

It was an extremely even game, with a very fair scoreline. Football did not suffer.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 am

You're throwing around terms you don't even know the meaning of. Tempo? Control?

I must say watching your steady descent into a parody account has been fun eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 am

makes me laugh that some of you clowns think ALEX F****** FERGUSON, Who's been managing at top level since most of your parents were still virgins and is one of THE MOST RUTHLESS AND EFFICIENT, if NOT THE MOST RUTHLESS AND EFFICIENT, managers in history of the game, would go all sentimental thinking:

"Oh My God! We are playing at home...I need to attack and play a flat 4-4-2 to appease to the fans. It will open us to counter which is Madrid's biggest strength, but who cares about that. I need to think of the fans who want total attacking football tonight. Who cares if we concede on the counter that way, at least we appeased to the fans. There is always next year. BUT NO ! I am seventy something, and this is one of my last chances to add to my European trophy haul. Why would I, with so much experience, throw away THE PERFECT RECIPE that has beaten this Real Madrid side so many times away from home in Spain and Europe, and go for something opposite ?! I did that against one struggling Spanish side in 07-08 and it worked, why fix something that isn't broken? "

Madrid has a chance to advance. ABSOLUTELY ! but it won't be because Madrid ARE BETTER AWAY FROM HOME. because they are not. It will be because they may be more clinical and a moment of magic for one of the best players in history of the game. or if Ferguson drinks too much whiskey before the game and does something retarded :coffee:

Last edited by Harry Redknapp on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 am

Zealous wrote:De Gea makes saves like the one against Coentrao every week?

I have seen him make saves of that calibre many times, maybe not every week but he's definitely capable of repeating it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:12 am

Probably a fair result, either side had their share of chances, I'd say United had the more clear ones if you asked me.

SAF got it right mostly, aside from the subs.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:13 am

This Fergie will do anything for the win logic is flawed. Where was this when he lost two finals by refusing to park the bus Laughing

I'm not saying they're going to expose themselves. That's stupid. They are going to attack more though, if I were a betting man I would put money on that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 am

Zealous wrote:This Fergie will do anything for the win logic is flawed. Where was this when he lost two finals by refusing to park the bus Laughing

I'm not saying they're going to expose themselves. That's stupid. They are going to attack more though, if I were a betting man I would put money on that.

Difference is in a final, at some point you have to actually score a goal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:35 am

Zealous wrote:This Fergie will do anything for the win logic is flawed. Where was this when he lost two finals by refusing to park the bus Laughing

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Messi-goleada
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 am

Sepi Laughing what a hypocrite. You label Juve's performance the 'death of football'. Claiming a big side shouldn't play like that blah blah. And when Yanited (a big team no doubt) just do basically the same thing, you praise their coach. How the mighty have fallen Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 am

The Franchise wrote:

Difference is in a final, at some point you have to actually score a goal.

Like no one has ever score by parking the bus and getting a goal on the counter. moot point that :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 am

Every team has a right to play whatever way they want. You can't fault United for playing with 10 men behind the ball, it nearly worked as they got some clear chances on the break. In the second leg they'd look to park the bus again and play for the 0-0 which is the logical tactic, the end justifies the means in football, there is no black and white just different shades of grey.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Sepi Laughing what a hypocrite. You label Juve's performance the 'death of football'. Claiming a big side shouldn't play like that blah blah. And when Yanited (a big team no doubt) just do basically the same thing, you praise their coach. How the mighty have fallen Laughing

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:01 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Sepi Laughing what a hypocrite. You label Juve's performance the 'death of football'. Claiming a big side shouldn't play like that blah blah. And when Yanited (a big team no doubt) just do basically the same thing, you praise their coach. How the mighty have fallen Laughing

Are you really comparing Celtic vs. Juve with this?

We have been told by GL that likes of Wilshere and Fabregas aren't good enough to get into Juve's midfield. I expect a midfield of that quality to try to dominate Celtic's. I don't say 70% dominate, but at least keep possession for more than 2 minutes. Juve's resources by far surpasses Celtic, and they won't need that "smart" game-plan to beat the Scott. In my personal opinion . P.s., Juve basically had no other chances other than the 3 they converted (Good on them)

Whereas today, both United and Madrid are matched financially, with Madrid actually more power due to United's debt. It's a classic game, it's a lot more even. and even then, United created more CLEAR CUT chances than Madrid in normal play.

It's not as Madrid went all out on Man U, the same way Celtic went on Juve...you see Mou bringing Pepe on as a sub to avoid that. Tonight's game was an even game of chess. Completely different complexions compared to what happened at Celtic Park on tuesday night.

Man U barely ever control the midfield away from home in PL. even against likes of Norwich and Reading, whereas Juve are known for their amazing midfield as the strongest part of their team. considering the respective quality of opposition, I expected better.

I am sure the 9 year old in Romania who was watching the game tonight, will be telling his parents about becoming the next Georgi Haghi tonight, because he enjoyed the battle. Whereas last night, he probably ended up thinking about marrying a Romanian olympic gymnast.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 am

What you say makes no sense Sepi. Especially the last bit. That 9 year old must be one confused kid.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next