Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football?

+32
timzink
Blue Barrett
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
LeSwagg James
rwo power
McLewis
Sri
Rossoneri Ninja
Juveman17
DeviAngel
justdoit_
Kick
Jack Daniels
zizzle
Lord Spencer
VivaStPauli
Forza
Lupi
DeletedUser#1
Kaladin
RealGunner
CBarca
Ganso
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Jay29
McAgger
The Franchise
RebaƱo Sagrado
la bestia negra
BarrileteCosmico
Le Samourai
36 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football?

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am

miklos feher's death
the msot heart breaking also was Piermario Morosini's death, how he was fighting trying to get up all the time I'll never forget that I never will ... that man wanted to live and having such pain and such weight on his chest he was still not giving up !!

2006 Juventus relegation that was the most painful

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football?

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 am

JD great calls.

I got some more I forgot the first time

- Morientes goals against us in Quarter Finals of CL in 2003/04. I was so pissed at the beginning of the season when we loaned him out to Monaco and then those goals were just a dagger to the heart especially since the goal he scored at the Bernabeu was the decisive away goal that knocked us out.
Can't find the highlights to that game, but here's the second leg
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 am

Also that Figo penalty miss in 2002/03 CL Semis vs Juve. Ended up being the decisive miss that knocked us out :facepalm: That miss will always shade his legendary career for me.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Also that Figo penalty miss in 2002/03 CL Semis vs Juve. Ended up being the decisive miss that knocked us out :facepalm: That miss will always shade his legendary career for me.

That was by far Juve's greatest CL match to date.

Oh my Nedved how I miss you Sad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 am

Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football? - Page 2 Thiago-Silva

Words cannot express..

Also as mentioned earlier, watching Nesta, Gattuso , Seedorf , Inzaghi and Zambrotta wave their goodbyes..

Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football? - Page 2 Andrei_shevchenko_transfert_milan-ac_chelsea_photo
Having to watch Shevchenko decline was heart breaking for me personally.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am

I see RG and Jay hurt the same way about 2006. That is one closet of emotions I do not wish to open now. But a few others I can:

* Manchester United. After 49 games unbeaten. The refree. Reyes. That game. My hatred for Manchester United and Ser Alex Ferguson stems from that game and has not dimnished a pinch since. It takes me considerable effort to not launch into a stream of expletives bringing this up.

* Key players lost along the years. I was numb for a couple of days after Henry left, and same when Cesc left. Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor or even Toure did not hurt the same way. But then came Robin van Persie. I believed in him, he was our captain, the man who saved our entire season in 2011-12. He gave an impression of bleeding the Arsenal red. He kissed his badge. He smashed records. He was the best captain we had in a long time. And then he went and joined those Red Devils - may the Others take his soul and those Manchester United scrubs.

* 2011 League Cup final. I don't understand how a season of so much promise unravelled so nastily after that. And now that entire team is gone. Melancholy.

There are many more - god knows being an Arsenal fan is but a never-ending curve - crests of sheer joy, bliss and hope; followed by seemingly bottomless troughs of depression, despair and disillusion. But I have had my share for now. Other memories when I get over putting these thoughts down.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 am

- Loss to Samp (due to the ref being an unabashed Inter fan) that cost us the title in 2010.

- Ibra's goal in 2008 that cost us the title.

- Frings not getting called for a handball in 2002, costing us a place in the final.

- Losing such a winnable game to Ghana in 2010.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the biggest ones.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 pm

What Viva wrote Sad

And when it was sure that RWO would be relegated in 2011 and 2012 Sad Sad Sad
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Losing to Juve in '03.. Ronaldo or Zidane should of taken that penalty, not Figo

Losing to Bayern last year

The 5-0 rape which Barca has yet to be charged for smoking

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Real Madrid losing any big match. Especially in the CL knockout stages.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 pm

When Madrid were knocked out of the Copa Del Rey at the Nou Camp.
It was last year and it was the quarter finals. We managed to make the score 3-2 and we were attacking and all the fans were biting their nails and there was a silence.. Ahh such a great game.

And all we needed was one goal.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 pm

How can I forget the disgrace that was Alcorcorn
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football? - Page 2 John-terry-penalty-miss

I was shattered for days.......
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Most heartbreaking moments you've experienced in football? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfgCnRKx7WZLSyhGSsCRpUw-o-jlliJNOHykfqpSvBMYh69e3M

Sad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 am

srigooner wrote:I see RG and Jay hurt the same way about 2006. That is one closet of emotions I do not wish to open now. But a few others I can:

* Manchester United. After 49 games unbeaten. The refree. Reyes. That game. My hatred for Manchester United and Ser Alex Ferguson stems from that game and has not dimnished a pinch since. It takes me considerable effort to not launch into a stream of expletives bringing this up.

* Key players lost along the years. I was numb for a couple of days after Henry left, and same when Cesc left. Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor or even Toure did not hurt the same way. But then came Robin van Persie. I believed in him, he was our captain, the man who saved our entire season in 2011-12. He gave an impression of bleeding the Arsenal red. He kissed his badge. He smashed records. He was the best captain we had in a long time. And then he went and joined those Red Devils - may the Others take his soul and those Manchester United scrubs.

* 2011 League Cup final. I don't understand how a season of so much promise unravelled so nastily after that. And now that entire team is gone. Melancholy.

There are many more - god knows being an Arsenal fan is but a never-ending curve - crests of sheer joy, bliss and hope; followed by seemingly bottomless troughs of depression, despair and disillusion. But I have had my share for now. Other memories when I get over putting these thoughts down.

This.

also when pires was subbed off during the 2006 CL final . when bendtner missed that chance against barca in the CL . as well as when france lost the 2006 WC final . worst was when fabregas left arsenal, i was despondent afterwards.
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Del Pieros last Serie A game, lifting the Scudetto one last time.

Baggios farewell Italy game.

Baggio missing the PK in 1994.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Iniestas goal vs Chelsea at the bridge
Mulles goal in the CL final (at the time i thought it was game over)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fuc*ing Germany. Twice.
This.

2007 Copa America is also up there for me.

The 2009 Argentine Clausura has a special place in my heart for going horribly wrong and being the most heartbreaking by far for me, my home team, Huracan, had one of the best teams ever put together in Argentine football, with players like Pastore Defederico and Bolatti. This team took the league by storm and was playing sensational free flowing football, which became known as "el tiki tiki". Come the last league fixture, it is up against Velez who is two points behind Huracan, so all Huracan need is a draw to win the league title. Velez won the game 1-0 and the league title with minutes to go from a Maxi Moralez strike into an empty net after Huracans goalkeeper had a collision with another player which left him unable to get back up and possibly stop it. This was after the referee wrongly disallowed one of our goals and gave them a penalty, which our keeper saved.

RIP el tiki tiki Sad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:43 am

that iniesta goal in the last minutes against chelsea couple of years back which concluded to chelsea's elimination

watching mourinho on his knees in the madrid-bayern penalty shootout and his reaction after the last penalty and overall team's elimination that day.

watching panathinaikos this season which is by far the team's worst season ever, or at least that i have witnessed, the team is falling apart

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2