B-Mac
The Franchise
Onyx
58 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Xbox Thread

Post by Albiceleste Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm not judging the console too much right now as I know the best is still yet to come. However I am very disappointed there is no backwards compatibility meaning you can't play 360 games one the One No that and the built in kinect are my only gripes with it so far, the new controller looks pretty good, just improved on an already decent design (improved Dpad, 360 one sucked etc.).

I'll make my decision on which console I'm going to buy when the time comes and all the facts are out

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 pm

They could still do something about BC games like Sony are going to do with Gaikai ... I can actually see that happen ...

I don't have a problem with no backwards compatibility , in my mind next gen is about next gen games ... it's not like i'm going to throw away my 360 if nostalgia hits me ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 pm

They are still gonna sell 360 side by side with the ONE, because alot of people won't be able to afford it for another 2-3 years, and the 360 was selling like crazy
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Legend wrote:They are still gonna sell 360 side by side with the ONE, because alot of people won't be able to afford it for another 2-3 years, and the 360 was selling like crazy

That's what everybody does ... I mean the PS One (hahaha) was discontinued just last year ...

Xbox is still selling , but it's losing ground to the PS3 ... the consoles are tied on vgchartz on sales and the PS3 has been beating the box lately by an average of 40k consoles weekly ...

btw it's huge ffs

https://i.imgur.com/iTmybf7.png
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 pm

pUsHa wrote:i don't have a problem with that , but doesn't america have terrible internet speed !? Speculation everywhere ... Laughing

I mean there's rural areas with only DSL speeds but it's mostly pretty good overall.

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 2727635416

^that's probably above average, but I see faster speeds in other areas.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri May 24, 2013 7:59 am

^ Average internet speed in US is 7.4mb

Btw i am finding all these people bitching about how Xbox should be gaming only device and that all this media room apps are crap, extremely annoying... it's a bit like bitching about how the cellphone should only make calls and that there should be no camera, internet or apps
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Legend wrote:^ Average internet speed in US is 7.4mb

Btw i am finding all these people bitching about how Xbox should be gaming only device and that all this media room apps are crap, extremely annoying... it's a bit like bitching about how the cellphone should only make calls and that there should be no camera, internet or apps

Do agree, there are people that refuse to accept the possibility that entertainment and games can co-exist side by side it has to be one or the other apparently.

Having said that Microsoft seemed to have leaked some info at their press conference in regards to games which places like NeoGAF have picked up on.

Even if it was very vague indeed.....

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 Image

2 of them Forza and Quantum Break of course.

Halo obviously, i suspect the green orb one is Crackdown 3 and the one furthest to the right is a Rare game and it seems a new IP instead of one of their existing franchise but considering Microsoft said Rare would reveal a classic franchise i wouldn't rule out two exclusives coming from them.

One of them a new IP and one from their existing catalogue.

The two above the Rare one seem to be Ryse and that Black Tusk project i mentioned before.

The other one i have no f*cking clue about, but i suspect these 8 will be shown at E3 in one way or another.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Legend wrote:

because you have to compromise one for the other

instead of focusing resources on delivering gaming performance on a gaming console with a side option that lets you watch tv or whatever, they're turning it into a glorified cable box (which isn't even going to work outside usa but nevermind)

plus the whole kinect crap, they're clearly trying to appeal to the wii crowd more than ps/xbox gamers... can't really blame them as every housewife who could afford it has bought a wii so this thing will sell like no tomorrow, but expect the importance of gimmicks to further rise in the future at the expense of gaming performance... and i don't mean just graphics, this thing is supposed to dedicate 40% of ram to the operating system for god's sake :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm

che wrote:
Legend wrote:

because you have to compromise one for the other

instead of focusing resources on delivering gaming performance on a gaming console with a side option that lets you watch tv or whatever, they're turning it into a glorified cable box (which isn't even going to work outside usa but nevermind)

plus the whole kinect crap, they're clearly trying to appeal to the wii crowd more than ps/xbox gamers... can't really blame them as every housewife who could afford it has bought a wii so this thing will sell like no tomorrow, but expect the importance of gimmicks to further rise in the future at the expense of gaming performance... and i don't mean just graphics, this thing is supposed to dedicate 40% of ram to the operating system for god's sake :facepalm:

It actually is..... too much assuming is going on.

Who says they have to compromise? who says gaming won't be a big part of their strategy?

Doesn't sound like they are ignoring games to me..... also for comparisons sake you don't think all the streaming shit Sony are doing won't effect how much of the RAM will be used on games?

Not to mention the big emphasis on cloud computing and 3 dedicated operating systems for different tasks.

If they stick to their word at E3 you are going to look a bit stupid tbh with all the knee jerk reactions thinking that we KNOW EVERYTHING about both consoles when in reality we know jackshit.

That goes for the internet in general..... so many idiotic things have been said like the Console is coming out tomorrow and has a Wii U like library of shit.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 24, 2013 3:55 pm

http://gizmodo.com/you-don-t-hate-the-xbox-one-you-re-just-jealous-509604549

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri May 24, 2013 4:06 pm

There is absolutely no downside to a gaming console widening its berth and bringing in a larger audience.

Of course there isn't , unless it's eating out 40% percent of a ddr3 ram Laughing

Widening it's berth in America where it's so wide you can fill another america there ...

The only thing that's going to save this Xbox in my eyes will be the e3 presentation
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 4:22 pm

pUsHa wrote:
The only thing that's going to save this Xbox in my eyes will be the e3 presentation

That was always the plan though and saving is the wrong word....

This will sell Wii like numbers.... the only question mark is the games and to me it isn't a question mark as that will be all shown at E3 which as they kept repeating is all about games.

But it doesn't really need "saving" like the Wii U does as it reaches too many different demographics for it not to sell like hot cakes.

Gamers are the only ones who are complaining because for some reason they expected a game centric presser when E3 is 19 days away and Microsoft already sent out statements that it wouldn't be about games.

The general tech and entertainment crowd are excited about it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm

a lot of you seem to forget that probably more then half the market for these consoles are kids under 16 who aren't tech junkies and could care less about the specs.....both consoles will sell like crazy no matter what.

i actually like the entertainment aspect of the One....like Mole said, it is exactly like smartphones these days, this just seems so ludicrous though because there isn't a new console every year like there is smartphone to ease all these new features in one by one, it's all being thrown in one shot because it's been 8 years since the last generation was released. to me it would be boring if they had simply upgraded the specs and kept the exact same user experience as the current systems. this is the way the world is going, everything in one device in one place at one time at the touch of your fingers always.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri May 24, 2013 4:32 pm

I have no doubt that the console is going to sell ... i just meant that e3 is going to make or break it just for me personally Laughing

At the touch of your fingers or words ?! The kinnect sure as hell isnt going to understand me speaking in russian or italian ... and it probably isnt going to understand the masses of italians here that can't pronounce words in english correctly . Kinnect voice is still a gimmick . And i thought we all already knew that Microsoft was going the entertainment route in these last years with 360 , we already have everything they presented , it's just that there's no multitasking with skype and internet explorer(not sure who the hell is going to use it lol) and the fantasy league for the states .... they are getting their asse handed to them for responding in a worthless manner to the presentation Sony gave , and for releasing a much more inferior console .... PS3 was barely better than 360 , in terms of specs .... but this gen the ps4 has 50% more raw power than the xbox ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

and btw , i'm seriously skeptical as to if the presentation of the kinnect was live or not Laughing

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130522/x1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

this looks like a pretty good guess ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

It actually is..... too much assuming is going on.

sure, depending on distributors, which are shit in europe... have you seen netflix uk? there's like three things in their library that were made in this decade

you need distributor cooperation for xbox to work properly as a tv, which means third party software, third party control, and ultimately if they really want to market it as a full tv box replacement third party payments, which is going to be either a) impossible or b) an absolute *bleep* logistically... the big cable companies will fight tooth and nail to keep people buying their dedicated boxes instead of putting all their content on xbox apps since it gives them less control over ads and viewing figures knowledge

Who says they have to compromise? who says gaming won't be a big part of their strategy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Doesn't sound like they are ignoring games to me..... also for comparisons sake you don't think all the streaming shit Sony are doing won't effect how much of the RAM will be used on games?

lol what streaming shit? that's fully optional, i'm sure it's going to affect performance but as things stand ps4 has 2gb more memory dedicated to games, no amount of streaming is going to take up all of that

Not to mention the big emphasis on cloud computing and 3 dedicated operating systems for different tasks.

how is that a good thing? cloud computing = always online drm so say goodbye to playing anything if your net is down, and why the hell would you need three operating systems for different tasks, which the damn thing isn't even capable of doing properly? it's not like you're going to be playing a game and watching tv at the same time

If they stick to their word at E3 you are going to look a bit stupid tbh with all the knee jerk reactions thinking that we KNOW EVERYTHING about both consoles when in reality we know jackshit.

of course they're going to present a bajillion games, that's literally what e3 is for... i don't doubt that there's going to be a lot of games released for the xbox, it's just worrying that a game console is being turned into a home entertainment centre, and if it sells well, which it will, this is going to become more and more the standard

i wouldn't even give a shit because pc master race but console hardware is already holding development back a few years... my problem is that when a supposedly dedicated gaming platform focuses less on games and more on stupid gimmicks like streaming, social media and kinect it's going to hinder progress in graphics and physics engines even further

then again we live in an age where the annual cod release is the highest selling game so i don't know what i expected
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 5:53 pm

pUsHa wrote:and btw , i'm seriously skeptical as to if the presentation of the kinnect was live or not Laughing

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130522/x1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

this looks like a pretty good guess ...

Where did you get this? If its all true then its a very good line up IMO.

Also MS must have paid EA shit loads to get Respawns game as an exclusive rofl

And Rare are behind Crackdown now? interesting didn't know that.

Also Che i get what your saying but my main point is that as long as the games are coming then no one will really care.... the only thing i will accept is the lack of distributors and maybe lack of good internet in certain areas will restrict the potential of it all.

In which case could be a very stupid move but its all rumors at the end of the day which is why i'm waiting to comment on all until i know all the facts.

I like what they are representing as consoles are more than just games to me now and the gaming line up promises to be very good when you consider the 3rd party stuff like Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs etc etc as well as all the exclusives they claim to have.

But i won't really decide on anything until i know all the facts.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Both these systems are gonna be great...but I must say I don't like what they are doing with the kinect and I know they are going to implement voice commands into their exclusives which I personally will never enjoy not to mention if it would be able to even pick up my Trini accent(highy doubtful).
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
pUsHa wrote:

That was always the plan though and saving is the wrong word....

This will sell Wii like numbers.... the only question mark is the games and to me it isn't a question mark as that will be all shown at E3 which as they kept repeating is all about games.

But it doesn't really need "saving" like the Wii U does as it reaches too many different demographics for it not to sell like hot cakes.

Gamers are the only ones who are complaining because for some reason they expected a game centric presser when E3 is 19 days away and Microsoft already sent out statements that it wouldn't be about games.

The general tech and entertainment crowd are excited about it.

MS's reveal was so botched that it drove up WiiU's UK sales on amazon 700%
The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 KVsMuhh Laughing

MS has made about every wrong decision they could have possibly made. I see no chance that it sells wii like numbers at all. The wii sold so well because it was original and nobody had ever really done anything like it before. And it was incredibly cheap, and anyone could pick it up and understand it. Even your grandma.

Nobodys grandparents are even going to know how to set this thing up let alone even want one. Everything they've shown so far isn't new, it doesn't have that revolutionary hook to get anyone excited, even the non gamer tech crowd imo.

Especially when you consider all the things like always online, kinect having to be activated at all times, the amount of DRM's, no BC, blocking used games, renting games and letting your friends borrow games. and so on.. and if internet connection is required and MS requires a fee to connect to the internet, then this thing is basically a cellphone you can't move anywhere. Forcing people to pay a monthly subscription cripples what its possible userbase could ever be and a lot of people aren't going to want to do it.

Yeah e3 is close, and sure they are probably saving the games for then. But their last few conferences even for the 360 were barely about games either. It was all kinect and whatever apps and stuff they were trying to push at the time. Microsoft is just moving in an odd confusing direction that I think is going to hurt them.

They have to understand, as much as they want this thing to be a total entertainment device, its going to live and die by the games. If it doesn't have the games nobody is going to want one. Gaming and entertainment can coexist but only if its a gaming console FIRST entertainment second. If it does all these tv movie/ whatever app type stuff as well, thats great. But its not essential. There are SOOO many different things out there that you can buy to help streamline all your entertainment products, your movies, and music and televisions that no one is going to run out and buy a 500$ box + an annual subscription to do all that a second time.

To me they just seem really arrogant right now. it reminds me of Sony at the launch of the PS3. It took Sony several years of horrible failure to realize their mistakes and honestly I see the same thing happening with the One. It may end up having a lot of great games and being a good console but they have put themselves in such a poor position to have any sort of immediate success, imo.

(Ps: Also, to clarify, I know MS has come out and said that its not TECHNICALLY always online and wont' TECHNICALLY block used games out right...

They did confirm it will check your connection every 24 hour period, and it will play a used game as long as you pay a fee which have been rumored to be anywhere as high as 35£)

So basically its not always online but requires an internet connection to function and games are locked to a specific account unless you pay a fee.

Also they say that Kinect may force visual drm where if more than a number of authorized people are watching content then it may not allow you to watch it with that number of people until you pay a fee

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Sorry if this's been posted already, here's the thing in a nutshell:

http://www.riemurasia.net/video/Xbox-onen-esittely-pähkinänkuoressa/121823c11
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 24, 2013 6:59 pm

That video is amazing hahaha

also some ads (sony could seriously consider making these real lol)

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 F5MmjaM

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 AQGNmft

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 pm

I see you have forgotten what the reaction was like when Nintendo announced the Wii....

It was outrage and confusion, just like now.... but it still sold.

People like to complain when knowing full well they will buy it anyway.

They have to understand, as much as they want this thing to be a total entertainment device, its going to live and die by the games.

Errr they do.... it was announced before this presser that E3 would be full of games and Industry people like Adam Sessler has said that he has been told in private that its going to be all games.

Does 15 exclusives in the first year mean nothing to anyone? does basically leaking 8 of them on the dashboard during their presentation mean nothing?

Does 5 different devs announcing they will talk about Xbox One Exclusives they have been working on at E3 mean nothing? and many more too.

Especially when you consider all the things like always online, kinect having to be activated at all times, the amount of DRM's, no BC, blocking used games, renting games and letting your friends borrow games. and so on.. and if internet connection is required and MS requires a fee to connect to the internet, then this thing is basically a cellphone you can't move anywhere. Forcing people to pay a monthly subscription cripples what its possible userbase could ever be and a lot of people aren't going to want to do it.

They are not blocking used games, renting games and letting your friends borrow games....it isn't always online.... who says its a monthly subscription?

Again like the rest of the internet.... people are kneejerking for no reason and outraged at things that have been denied.... outrage at lack of games when its been repeated over and over again that the games will come and even said the amount of number in the first year.

The outrage confuses me when the console won't be out till around holidays time and there is many more pressers to come one of which is supposed to be jampacked with exclusive titles.

You are just making yourselfs look incredibly stupid by knee jerking like this and presenting rumours as facts. ( even rumors which have been denied by that company itself lol)

I don't want to have to keep repeating myself here tbh so i hope this will actually be taken on board.

I usually would just ignore all this but too much faux outrage( most of it extremely laughable) and things like games lacking ( at least wait to E3 before judging ffs) and rumours about used games and always online not being true despite repeatedly denied.

Also what games did Sony show? Killzone and Infamous? yet they are white gaming knight and Microsoft are evil for showing the exact same amount Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Moal you fanboi, you should just realize that now only the PS4 targets core gamers. Come to the right side.

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 9 Trolldolski
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 pm

I haven't decided either way yet Alfred....

I'm just baffled at some of the things being said not just here but across the internet.

Both systems will have excellent games and some excellent features which make them unique but the faux outrage is truly hilarious.

Especially the whole Sony are aiming at gamers and Microsoft are not BS, absolutely hilarious.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I see you have forgotten what the reaction was like when Nintendo announced the Wii....

It was outrage and confusion, just like now.... but it still sold.

People like to complain when knowing full well they will buy it anyway.

They have to understand, as much as they want this thing to be a total entertainment device, its going to live and die by the games.

Errr they do.... it was announced before this presser that E3 would be full of games and Industry people like Adam Sessler has said that he has been told in private that its going to be all games.

Does 15 exclusives in the first year mean nothing to anyone? does basically leaking 8 of them on the dashboard during their presentation mean nothing?

Does 5 different devs announcing they will talk about Xbox One Exclusives they have been working on at E3 mean nothing? and many more too.

They are not blocking used games, renting games and letting your friends borrow games....it isn't always online.... who says its a monthly subscription?

Again like the rest of the internet.... people are kneejerking for no reason and outraged at things that have been denied.... outrage at lack of games when its been repeated over and over again that the games will come and even said the amount of number in the first year.

The outrage confuses me when the console won't be out till around holidays time and there is many more pressers to come one of which is supposed to be jampacked with exclusive titles.

You are just making yourselfs look incredibly stupid by knee jerking like this and presenting rumours as facts. ( even rumors which have been denied by that company itself lol)

I don't want to have to keep repeating myself here tbh so i hope this will actually be taken on board.

I usually would just ignore all this but too much faux outrage( most of it extremely laughable) and things like games lacking ( at least wait to E3 before judging ffs) and rumours about used games and always online not being true despite repeatedly denied.

Also what games did Sony show? Killzone and Infamous? yet they are white gaming knight and Microsoft are evil for showing the exact same amount Rolling Eyes

I don't really think Sony are the white night of anything. The ps3 was a big step backwards from the ps2, and while Im hopeful the ps4 will be an improvement, I still don't trust them as far as I can throw them. I edited my post a bit, MS never came out and denied that the always online rumors or blocking used games were true. Every time they were asked they gave a bunch of half answers, though out of all the questioning the did confirm it requires an internet to function, and they said traditionally its not always online but every 24 hours, it checks for your internet connection.. So not always online every second of the day but requiring an internet connection to function basically sounds like the same thing doesn't it?

And it doesn't "technically" block used games outright.. but they are locked to your account once you activate them and you have to pay a fee to use a game that is locked to another account. So technically not blocking outright, but certainly along the same lines, They are using tricky wording to basically say that it isn't technically doing what people are asking but it in that same spirit of always online/used game blocking. . It will still basically make being able to lend games to your friend/ renting games from the store completely impractical because nobody is going to go through paying an extra fee ontop of getting a used game/renting and making borrowing seem too much of a hassle. This severally limits what freedoms people have with their products.

I don't think its knee jerking to negitively to any of the announcements they have shown so far, anymore than it is to assume that these 15 new games are going to be awesome like a new Banjo Kazooie, Crackdown etc. If they did that, I'd totally be excited..They could come out at e3 and announce a dozen kinect/xbl arcade games + forza for all we know. Just saying 15 games by its self doesn't really mean anything when we have no clue what they are or going to be like.. So far I've only been able to react to what they have shown and said in interviews, and so far the outlook to me, isn't good. To me, it was just an awful, horribly botched system reveal. I know e3 is a month away, but they should have given us something to cling to, to get the people who want to buy this system for the purpose of actually playing video games excited. Like anything would have done. Even a tech demo or something or real live gameplay and not just cutscenes. It doesn't mean the system will be bad at all. But they aren't doing themselves any favors at this moment in time. I just don't think that this appeal/ strategy appealed to anyone or got people who didn't know much about it or hasn't liked xbox in the past excited. Thats all.

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 pm

PS4 was ridiculed the same way Mole. There were tons of parody videos out there criticising them.

Like you said, this was the same thing when Wii U was announced. Same thing different console.

Wait for E3 and things will be much more clear
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next