McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm

It wasn't Plus Minus but Points per possession when he's in the game vs when he's out.

Joakim Noah | Chicago Bulls

Noah is known around the league as a high-energy, defense-first big man, but you wouldn't know it from his plus/minus numbers. For three years running (2009-10 to 2011-12), the Bulls have been better defensively when Noah isn't in the game, and not by just a little, either -- their defense was 4.4 points per 100 possessions better when Noah was on the bench. For point of reference, 4.4 points of defensive rating was the difference between the Golden State Warriors and an average defense last season.

Noah's defensive proponents could counter that Chicago's bench was a defensive juggernaut over the same time period, which would naturally depress Noah's on-court/off-court defensive plus/minus. They'd be right, except that Noah rates as a below-average defender even after adjusting for the players he shared the floor with (teammates and opponents).

Further, 82games.com's counterpart defensive numbers show that opposing bigs posted a 16.8 PER (average is 15.0) when matched up against Noah over the past three seasons. With numbers like that, it might be time to update our view of Noah as a first-class defender.

People get paid to write this stuff and then people pay to read it lol.

I think Rose is slightly more important because his scoring is what elevates them into contention. Noah is an integral part of the defense and important...but I think if they kept Asik and lost him...they could still contend.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Yep, deflections and well contested shots are just as valuable, yet don't show up in the box score.

True about blocks. A team could destroy another team off the dribble, constantly get shot attempts in the paint, which will lead to more block opportunities. They could have 10 team blocks still be god awful defensively.

Also, there's blocks and there's blocks kept in play, which are much more valuable obviously. But you couldn't tell the difference in the box score. I hate when I see guys constantly try to volley ball spike a block outta bounds and give the team another shot, much more impressive when you can block it to yourself or a teammate.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Exactly..if your keeping teams shooting jumpers, obviously you wont block shots.

Agree about types of blocks.

Boston and Dallas going into OT. Rondo lost the dribble a little with the left hand vs Fisher final play of the game.

Dallas team to start OT.

Marion, Carter, Jones,Mayo, Collison

Is Don Nelson the coach of the Mavs again? What is this small ball lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Marion with a clutch shot.

KG with an even bigger one.

Im glad I chose this game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Rondo has got to do better. Great pass to set up KG, but he has beaten off the dribble too often by Mayo and just got beat again as he ties the game.

Pierce has got to help also, cant just stand there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Then we let Mayo get an easy layup :facepalm:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Double OT.

I really miss Ray at the end of close games. Pierce right now has trouble even getting his shot off 1v1. And even though that last play didn't work, at least it was a switch up from the usual give it to PP on the edge of the box, where he shots a fadeaway that clanks.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 pm

I think Pierce is losing it, he is struggling get his shot off 3 out of 4 posessions. Just put a reasonable sized defender who can move just a little. Soon Rondo is going to have to be the go to guy at this rate.

Though personally I would go to KG in all honesty.

Also..rotating off Mayo to stop Jones...no.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Vince Carter just blocked Rondo at the rim....what lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Huge block by Vince. Lucky break to get it right back though.

edit: ^ yeah Vince showing he can still jump
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Good play, simple high screen, not many are going to stay with Rondo.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Anyone but Mayo at this point. Preferably don't even want him to touch the ball.

edit: Rondo 16, 15, 9 Shocked Best believe he's going to go hard for that last rebound.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Nice simple play.

Agree with Jeff Van Gundy, if your Dallas, Carter simply has to come off Green in the corner.

Vince hits a 3 over great defence.

1 point game, 9 seconds left. Boston ball. FT going to be crucial now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 pm

dmize wrote:Anyone but Mayo at this point. Preferably don't even want him to touch the ball.

edit: Rondo 16, 15, 9 Shocked Best believe he's going to go hard for that last rebound.

And get fouled and have to shoot crucial FT's. Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 pm

3 point lead, foul and have them take FTs. Id let them take 5-6 off before starting their play and foul.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Collison throws it away. *dead* at Mark Cubans reaction, guy hates losing so much.

"Collison trying to be Scott Burrell" :bow: Mike Gorman for referencing "The Shot".
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Mayo & Collison: 16 TO's combined Suspect

Good win for the Celtics, but for once this season I wish we could have a comfortable win. I think we've won by 10 or more once.

edit: margins of victory: 3 points, 6 points, 4 points, 6 points, 5 points, 8 points, 8 points, 6 points, 18 points, 10 points, 13 points, 2 points. A little better recently but only 2 wins by 10+ and only one comfortable game.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Yeah, that final play by Dallas was just plain stupid. Everyone left the guy and they went for a long, risky pass.

5 seconds on the clock...you can get into a decent shooting position on the run in 5 seconds if your Collison..crazy final play.

Off to bed now though, Utah and the Spurs are mighty tempting but I am tired of wasting my day off asleep untill midday Very Happy
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Wade should seriously retire. Guy is a mess on the court these days, locked up in crunch time once again. :facepalm:

Mark Jackson for CoTY! :bow:

The Franchise wrote:Tony Delk once scored 52 in a game, second string players with the ball in their hands with little other options can go off once in a while

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the only time he scored over 40? Lin has already done that several times in like 30 starts.

How many times can a player fluke a 40 point game before you acknowledge he's actually talented?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 am

Well first of all, im not saying he is as bad as Tony Delk. I am simply giving an example of bench players stepping up and performing very well.

However, Delk had a season he averaged 17 a game and 2 seasons he averaged 16...so lets not get upset with comparisons to Delk, they are different players but I dont know if Lin is as good as him anyway.

Its not really about giving Lin credit, he obviously has some talents..however, I will come back to what I have said since a long time now. On a playoff team, he probably isnt a starter, on a contender is certainly isnt a starter.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Lin being voted to start the All-Star game so far. Asians :facepalm:

They voted Yao Ming to start when he was injured ffs :facepalm:

I remember some Asian scrub who played/plays for the Mavs got some All-Star votes last year or the year before as well.

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 11f916920b64ce99a0c3e6ac10aa421a
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 pm

That would be Yi Jian-Lian. Talented guy, shame noone ever used him correctly. Anyway, obviously wasnt an all star type player or even talent.

Intresting vid.

My thoughts are, why do people get all out of shape about this? This women is borderline shocked by this, im not sure why.

Lebron being the best player doesnt mean he is the hardest go guard, its not that complicated is it?

Anyway, Kobe makes sense. Melo is a bull in the post and has range.

Bron is a great player obviously but he is still a bit basic in the post to say the least and his shot is still coming and going.

I would also add, Lebron is not stronger than Melo. I guess people are wow'ed by Lebrons physique..but you might want to look at Glen Davis gaurding Dwight to see how important that is. When Lebron gets a full head of steam, he is a train, but from a stationary position in the post, there isnt a small forward around more difficult to deal with than Melo down there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Lin being voted to start the All-Star game so far. Asians :facepalm:

I remember some Asian scrub who played/plays for the Mavs got some All-Star votes last year or the year before as well.

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 11f916920b64ce99a0c3e6ac10aa421a
Only starters are voted by fans as far as i know, and the starters atm are CP3 and Kobe right? so Lin is not voted in.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Freeza wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Lin being voted to start the All-Star game so far. Asians :facepalm:

Only starters are voted by fans as far as i know, and the starters atm are CP3 and Kobe right? so Lin is not voted in.
He could very well still overtake CP3. The amazing thing is that he has twice the amounts of votes Harden has Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Nice to see Garnett in 3rd place, im glad people are looking past numbers.

LOL at Bynum and Amare getting any votes...also Battier at 11.

The disrespect to Lopez and Varjao is appalling.

Wade over Rondo? Allen over Felton? The Heat fanboys.....goddamn.

Osik, Howard and Pau over Marc and Z-Bo? Lord take me now.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh and Holiday at 10........smh
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next