EL Patron
Luca
baresi
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Roma... Empty Roma...

Post by baresi Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

A very entertaining side this Roma is, Totti recreated under Zeman, Osvaldo has been sensational so far,I am surprised not many are mentioning Marquinho, maybe Lamela is taking all the attention but Marquinho is definitely deserves to be mentioned, over all a great team is being built here, let them sort out the defense problem and we have one of the most exciting hand competitive teams.

I hope they sign a potential WC defender or two in January.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Roma... Empty Re: Roma...

Post by Luca Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Roma is way too inconsistent to be considered underrated this season
Zeman is a very offensive minded manager, the fact that Osvaldo, Lamela and Totti are flourishing in that kind of system should not be too surprising in all honesty, while I will agree that they all have been great this season

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Look great going forward, they just need to tighten up at the back a bit.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Roma have been the most consistent team in Seire A, and the reason for that is their defense.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm

After tonights match Roma has the best goal scoring record in the league, and Totti with got his 220 goal.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Lamela and El Shaarawy are having a field day in Serie A this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Lamela>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> El Shaarawy
SES is great but Lamela is making look too easy.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Lol Roma isnt underrated and Roma's attack look good only coz Palermo has shite defense.
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 pm

C.Marchisio #8 wrote:Lol Roma isnt underrated and Roma's attack look good only coz Palermo has shite defense.
But they are the highest scoring team in Serie A.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 pm

baresi wrote:
C.Marchisio #8 wrote:Lol Roma isnt underrated and Roma's attack look good only coz Palermo has shite defense.

They are a bit underrated because as soon as under pressure to get great results they fail. the best thing for them is to actually be underrated. the young players feel less pressure then
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Bénin wrote:
baresi wrote:

They are a bit underrated because as soon as under pressure to get great results they fail. the best thing for them is to actually be underrated. the young players feel less pressure then
Totally agree, what surprises me most is those talking rubbish without having a clue, like our dear friend here, he makes it sound that Roma have been only playing Palermo this season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Roma are the protagonists fo Italian football. Far better than Watching Juentus con their way to another title
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 am

They're rated properly. Any team that consistently blows leads has serious defensive issues, which are a mark of Zeman. Until these are adressed (and history suggests they won't), they will be an entertaining side but one unable to get much success. They are the highest scoring and highest scored-on team in Serie A, entertainment is guaranteed.

That being said they have an unusually high number of class players for a team in their position. Bradley, Lamela, Totti, Osvaldo, De Rossi, and Balzaretti are all players that most top clubs in Italy would want.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am

We're not underrated honestly. We're right where we should be. We're the entertaining losers basically and essentially the hopeless romantics of Serie A. Our play is not pragmatic enough to win titles and it hasn't been for over a decade when we had a defense of 4 men who are considered legendary.

This is what is to be coached by Zeman though, exhilarating wins like this will be coupled by ignominous defeats like our last 2 losses. I've made my peace with that and can just look forward to however long we play like we did last night during a match.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 pm

So far Zeman is flopping as I predicted.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

How is he flopping? In order to flop you need to not meet expectations. Roma sit 6th on the table which is what you'd expect really.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm

With a similar team, Luis enrique finished same position and everyone agreed he flopped... so why is not Zeman flopping? With the quality players he has, you should expect Roma to at least qualify for EL no?

Way too early to judge anyway.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm

free_cat wrote:With a similar team, Luis enrique finished same position and everyone agreed he flopped... so why is not Zeman flopping? With the quality players he has, you should expect Roma to at least qualify for EL no?

We're only in November dude Razz

Btw have you even watched a Roma game this season ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
We're only in November dude Razz

free_cat wrote:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm

The difference between Roma this season and of last season is the identity, at least this season it is clear what Roma are lacking and once they fix that they are on, anyway I am ready on to bet on Roma ending at least 2nd on the table this season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Watched Roma-Palermo last night and i was highly impressed by Roma.

In my opinion , Zeman has put some interesting ideas tacticaly and he's been using most of his players effectively , except maybe De Rossi , and the players seem to react well so far , but since their most crucial moments in the season hasn't yet come , it is quite soon to draw conclusions.

Overall , their simple but smart play and the abundance of talent available is what i really like from this Roma . I am not sure how high they may end this season , but if they keep on the right track whilst not neglecting their defensive duties , because their workrate needs to improve , next season they could be even fighting for Serie A .

Zeman should guarantee his players will gel with his ideas and spare Totti for crucial periods in the season , something i am sure he understands very well , and none will be able to call him a flop come May. Signing a good defender would be nice too . Whilst defending is not just the backline's job , a special defender is always needed if you want to take that step further and Roma lack that. Someone like Barzagli would do Roma a world of good.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm

If I am to recommend a defender for Roma I would pick Hiram Mier for them. The guy is feckin wall, fast, good with the ball, young and has some good experience.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm

baresi wrote:The difference between Roma this season and of last season is the identity, at least this season it is clear what Roma are lacking and once they fix that they are on, anyway I am ready on to bet on Roma ending at least 2nd on the table this season.

2nd? Where you put Juventus,Inter,Napoli,Milan and maybe Lazio,Fiorentina?
Sometimes Roma play lovely (like they did in Inter game), totti was absolutely fabulous, so influential with his vision, creativity and passing. But than they look very inconsistent, like they did in the games that had an 2 goals advantage and they lost it(it's not something like a 2nd team in the league does)..
I appreciate them as a spectecular side (De Rossi, Lamela, Totti, Osvaldo, Destro.. All of them are very good) but they need someone serious on the bench to challenge for UCL spots.
If Guidolin would be in charge at Roma i'd rate them as a competitive side for the top 3. I'd be surprised if they finish above fiorentina with Zeman
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

free_cat wrote:With a similar team, Luis enrique finished same position and everyone agreed he flopped... so why is not Zeman flopping? With the quality players he has, you should expect Roma to at least qualify for EL no?

It's a night and day difference in style though
Enrique definitely had his moments but he was more criticized for his lackluster games than anything.
What Zeman and Enrique both have in common is being criticized defensively, this much has not changed.

Roma has conceded 20 goals in 11 matches which is second worst in the league (but they do have the best goal scoring record).

Honestly, this Roma is super impressive one game but woeful in the next game. One thing is certain they do not struggle to score goals often but they have blown some leads this season that they really should not have.

Against Bologna and Udinese comes to mind immediately, they may regret dropping points in games like these

Also, if Roma beat Lazio next weak then they jump ahead of them into fifth place

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Roma is poor man's arsenal, they have the squad to win the league but lack the mentality to do so.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next