BarrileteCosmico
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Clockwork Orange
10 posters

Go down

Cesc Fabregas's 'improvement' Empty Cesc Fabregas's 'improvement'

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 am

I said it from the start that Cesc Fabregas was not flopping at Barcelona, but was being misused. He was asked to adapt to the role of Xavi, which he neevr did and was asked to stay further back and release the balls from deeper. Now he is playing more of a false #9 with Messi. Both are taking turns to drop deep.

Cesc is not the reason for Barcelona's defensive problems although his lack of presence in the midfield means that it is a bit easier to by pass the pressing. But Barcelona's problems stems from quite a few things. Their defensive line is dropping too deep leaving a massive gap, the pressing from the front is nowhere near the levels of the sensational 2011. hoepfully with this, Cesc and Messi will break multiple records.

I hope the doubters are eating their words.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Cesc Fabregas's 'improvement' Empty Re: Cesc Fabregas's 'improvement'

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 am

Firstly, nobody said he had to be Xavi...they said he needs to not hide behind markers and running away from the ball.

Anyway, he is playing well now but lets calm down..its fodder teams. He had good games last season too, especially the start. The problem is consistency.

This is without question a wait and see thing, this thread is premmature.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:57 am

I think there's alot of focus on his faults and only cursory attention paid to the things he's actually good at. He may never be suited to playing for Barca but he is a great player nonetheless.

It's taxing being used in a role and asked to play in a system you really aren't suited for.

Eating their words lol? Alex will continue calling him "the lost lamb" until he's 37 years old on the verge of retirement having won a plethora of trophies.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 am

Well he is already established as a great player, I dont think anybody can continue to praise him for being a great player..its been done.

People who criticise him obviously are going to focus on what he is doing wrong, because A. He wasnt playing like a great player and B. He plays for a club who accept only the best

He isnt used to the system and doesnt fit? Hard luck. Many players arent.

I dont see why anyone should be eating there words. When he was playing crap, its normal for people to say so isnt it?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:12 am

It's overdone and often hyperbolic really, that's all. It's pretty clear that for some he can't possibly play a good game far less play a functional role. Instead they prefer to be salty and insult at any given opportunity.

Like Alexis ad Free Cat.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:15 am

The thing with Cesc is that so long as he keeps assisting and scoring everyone is willing to ignore his lack of work in other areas. I too have noticed that with Cesc in the midfield we seem to retain less possession and it's easier to get through the midfield - although in fairness he wastes less balls than before - but he needs to do this for longer than 2 games for me to change my mind about him. At this stage last season we were all raving about Messi and Cesc's telepathic connection, fastfoward 3 months and we were all complaining about him. Let's wait and see whether this is genuine improvement to the system or just good form.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 am

He's had 2 good games ffs

He's strung 2 good games before in his time with Barca, but as Dani said, he's hardly consistent. And while I think maybe the 'system' may have something to do with Cesc, a lot has been fundamental midfielder aspects like positioning, passing, and movement. You can blame the system for his performance, but I think a lot of it has been down to Cesc himself. I'm sure the system hasn't helped, though.

Most of what I would have said has been put well by BC and Dani already, so +1 to them.

Let's wait and see whether this is genuine improvement to the system or just good form.

Well put.

Of course, although I was opposed to the transfers of both Fabregas and Song, I hope they both do well. Especially Fabregas- whatever is good for Barca is good for me, I never want to see a player come here and fail. However the fact of the matter is, Cesc needs to put in these performances in on a regular basis, and start being consistent, then maybe we can talk about his improvement, as Dani said, this thread is far too premature.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 am

Well he was never a goalscorer to begin with, of course he won't be consistent in that position. Most of the time he's played as a midfielder he was very good, not Xavi good but still very good.

I'm glad he's doing well.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:34 am

2 good games. Lets hope it keeps that way. He hasn't really faced particularly hard teams and be consistent on his performances. The Madrid games, he tends to be a shadow and when Iniesta is put on the wing to allow Fab to play in the middle, we see that Iniest constantly coming into the middle because Fab isn't occupying his space, rather being in no mans land. We will eventually see whether he is the player that everyones hypes about...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:12 am

Le Samourai wrote:It's overdone and often hyperbolic really, that's all. It's pretty clear that for some he can't possibly play a good game far less play a functional role. Instead they prefer to be salty and insult at any given opportunity.

Like Alexis ad Free Cat.

I have never insulted Alexis and i do think he can play well and commended him when he has.
My stand about Alexis is that he was expensive and that he should be a rotation player, not a starter. thats all.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 pm

I still don't think Fabregas is suited to the false 9 role.

It kinda looks forced.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm

LOL at those saying he's only played 2 good games for Barcelona. Why don't you check his stats from last year FFS.

Lets face the facts some Barca fans never wanted Cesc in the first place(which I argued we need him so many different times and Thiago is nowhere near ready to step up to the big time) because they thought Thiago was the second coming of hell I don't a mixture of Xavi and Iniesta but Cesc is a better player then Thiago but they think he is stealing minutes from him which is so stupid with the amount of games Barca plays in a calendar year.

Cesc and Messi are the two reasons we are undefeated this year with our make shift back line and division 2 level keeper.

IMO I think Tito just uses him better then Pep. I'm not saying ones a better coach then the other it just is what it is.

Slam Cesc all you want, some of you have been doing it since he got here and expected him to be great from day 1. Everyone deserves an adjusting period especially when your team decides to play said player out of his normal position.

Give the guy a break he's a great player and is playing some of the best football in Europe hands down.

To put our defensive frailties on Cesc is such a cop out. Were bvad at defense because we have all our starters injkured and Valdes has resorted to schoolboy form, that is not Cesc's fault.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Cesc has been better much more than 2 matches now. Since Sevilla game, he has been one of our best players.

Although I opposed his transfer, I want him to succeed cause he will be instrumental for us in the future.

Btw Dnmac, I disagree with your assessment on Thiago. He has shown he is ready for any kind of match, maybe even more than Cesc. The problem is that he is getting injured too much.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down