dmize
Die Borussen
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Good Luck to our East Coast Members

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 am

RedOranje wrote:No new Daily Show... Now it's officially a national emergency.

Wasn't there a planned 1-week-hiatus? I thought I remembered something like that...

And regarding the "bit of wind"-comment: don't get me wrong, obviously a hurricane is a serious thing, I just think they could've secured coastal power stations by now, since I read the same thing about blackouts every hurricane season.

Then again, what do I know, the only disasters that hit our eastern shores used to be the Red Army...

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Good Luck to our East Coast Members

Post by dmize Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 pm

The neighborhood in NY where I used to live and still have family got absolutely wrecked.

Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 LiveLeak-dot-com-ed3ff5853c2a-article-2225130-15c2962c000005dc-31_964x643.jpg.resized

Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 LiveLeak-dot-com-ce1ff0adfed8-article-2225130-15c294c1000005dc-89_964x643.jpg.resized

Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 LiveLeak-dot-com-9c7464f678d3-article-2225130-15c28a80000005dc-438_964x641.jpg.resized

Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 LiveLeak-dot-com-edba1e67a6ea-article-2225130-15c4b6da000005dc-676_964x663.jpg.resized

Thankfully family evacuated and their house is still standing(but flooded), a lot of people stayed though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Stay strong n safe guys .

Glad to see that some of YoU are posting here and are safe.

Wish U all the best n good luck to U n your Family n friends guys .

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
RedOranje wrote:No new Daily Show... Now it's officially a national emergency.

Wasn't there a planned 1-week-hiatus? I thought I remembered something like that...

And regarding the "bit of wind"-comment: don't get me wrong, obviously a hurricane is a serious thing, I just think they could've secured coastal power stations by now, since I read the same thing about blackouts every hurricane season.

Then again, what do I know, the only disasters that hit our eastern shores used to be the Red Army...

No, during the episode last night they had a bar running across the bottom stating that they had to run a previous episode due to weather.

A large part of the problem places face when hit by storms is due to downed power lines and sub-stations rather than damage to the actual power stations. Those are much harder to protect/reinforce against weather damage, especially when that weather consists of several-hundred mile-per-hour winds and the debris they carry.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Death toll up to 75

Btw thanks for all the concern homies, but as I explained to RG I stayed at my apartment which is like 65 miles NW of where my parents live right outside of Philadelphia - I lost power for a negligible amount of time (actually lost it for far longer for last year with hurricane Irene) - but my parents were without power for roughly 24 hours, and I know some other people in the Philadelphia area lost it for as long as 48 - which is pretty crazy seeing how far inland we are, but yeh it was a rough one

NJ in far far far worse shape than PA
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Southern CT got hit pretty hard, especially along the coastal areas but thankfully I live further up. Still don't have power, lucky to be staying at my family's house.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Man, my hometown outside NYC got wrecked. My family is still without power and my dad has been working for 2 days straight (he works for the town).

Im lucky enough to be upstate at school where the damage was minimal
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Was speaking with my cousin who lives in Long Beach and things down there are a mess. He told me they'll be without power for 10 days - 3 weeks and everyone he knows lost their cars. Apparently some people were downplaying it because of Irene last year and figured they would stick around. Here's an image of the boardwalk on Long Beach...
Good Luck to our East Coast Members - Page 2 60668_10

As for the city, the MTA is still pretty much out of service. They claim to have some trains running today and everything is free because they are trying to get people off the streets (apparently the traffic was a mess yesterday). It looks like the clean-up will be a long process and I hope people continue to get power back as soon as possible.

Best of luck to everyone out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 am

http://gizmodoemergency.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/the-ultimate-gallery-of-flooded-nyc/#comments

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:19 pm

200 people had to be rescued in my area and 140 by boat....The Governor had to come to our city because some of it is in ruins

and still no power Sad
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/news/weeklynews/nov12/ngs-sandy-imagery.html

Some before and after shots from an ariel camera...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2