RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good Luck to our East Coast Members Empty Good Luck to our East Coast Members

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

With Hurricane Sandy rolling in, I wish all the best to all people at the east coast, but obviously especially to our members.

THC, you'll let us know if you drown in the East River, please? We'll be concerned otherwise. Stay safe, Dom!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to our East Coast Members Empty Re: Good Luck to our East Coast Members

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Honestly Sandy could've left me stranded in my own apartment on a day with better footy available.

Also, someone needs to make a cover of Jonny B Goode replacing Jonny with Sandy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to our East Coast Members Empty Re: Good Luck to our East Coast Members

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 pm

stay safe all u guys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm

wish i was there

anyway hope everyone is safe, specially GL members

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:08 pm

I'm in northern CT and we've had some pretty strong wind gusts and rain but nothing too crazy... yet. Southern part of the state is much worse though.

http://deadspin.com/5955977/your-dumbest-of-hurricane-dumbasses-is-this-bro-on-a-jetski-in-the-middle-of-new-york-harbor

what a boss
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:40 am

I'm good to go for the moment (I live on the Upper West Side) and it's a good part of town to be for the storm. Heavy winds started this afternoon (4:00-6:00) and I eventually took a nap up until now. A bunch of people I know have had their power shutoff and it looks like some places will be getting hit hard. I first saw pictures of the East River nearly overflowing and apparently the Village is now seeing flooding as well.

I initially thought this storm would be much like Irene, but it seems like that is not the case. I appreciate your thoughts, Goal Legacy and I will be sure to upload pictures of myself swimming or drowning (not sure how rusty my swimming skills are) once the water reaches a high enough level.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:47 am

Loool THC, I'd love to see them.

Keep safe though mate, I was thinking about your well being today, and my thoughts were only put at ease when I saw you playing FIFA on XBL Razz

Stay safe, everyone who is being hit by Sandy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:54 am

Missed division 1 on Fifa Clubs by 1 point - that was my biggest disaster of the day. Needed 2 points from our last game and only managed a 1-1 draw after being up 1-0 in the 50 minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 am

Good to see you're doing fine, Dom.

Some very awful events happening over on the east side..crane erected85 stories up being pummeled to a point where if a couple gusts strong enough could cause some real damage...also just moments ago CNN were speaking of an explosion...

Good Luck to our East Coast Members NYC-Crane-Hurricane-Sandy

Good Luck to our East Coast Members Monday_Empty_Times_Square

Living in Southern Ontario atm...nothing yet just some viscous winds..but Sandy has something in store for us according to the radio meteorologists.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 am

Just found this regarding the explosion heard in Manhattan.. a transformer in the ConEd power plant said ENOUGH! and unleashed a big one.

3:09 - where you can see the pop

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:16 am

I have a strong suspicion bhends has been left without power today
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 am

I hope he's OK Sad

Stay safe Bhends, the spirit of Michi is with you.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 am

Danny7 wrote:

Just found this regarding the explosion heard in Manhattan.. a transformer in the ConEd power plant said ENOUGH! and unleashed a big one.

3:09 - where you can see the pop
wow affraid
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 am

While I feel very safe, it's terrible to see videos like this and to know this type of shit is going on so close to home.

Last edited by THC 10 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 am

There were people freaking out about it at my school today, but I didn't understand why because we're way too far away to actually get hit by this thing. The worst we're getting is random gusts of wind smacking off the side of my house. Good luck to everyone in the real storm though! Those videos are intense.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Whats the toll and expected toll, from this.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 pm

German media speaks of 16 dead as of now, which is actually not that bad, cynically as that might sound, for a Hurricane that hit that much of the East Coast.

I remain baffled by American power companies inability to proof their power stations against anything, though. Hundreds of thousands of houses without power. In a first world country. Because of a bit of wind. Really?

And from what I read, and also remember from earlier catastrophes, it's always the same couple of power stations failing. Someone's saving money on the wrong end imho.

I do hope that the death toll doesn't rise, though. Seems so unnecessary.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Town in West Virginia got a foot of snow because of this storm Laughing

Also, I think Bhends is defo without power as most of if not all of NJ got hit really hard. I did see a few tweets from him last night though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 pm

I SURVIVED!!!!

a big river near my house reached just feets away from us, house was rocking all night. No power or cell phone service all day
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:04 pm

@ Viva: I think you're vastly underestimating what a "bit of wind" can do.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Most of AC and Jersey Shore is either under water or in ruins.... Alot of NJ will have no lights till at least Nov 5
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 pm

RedOranje wrote:@ Viva: I think you're vastly underestimating what a "bit of wind" can do.

Definitely underestimating what was going on downtown. I've heard that everything under 34th street is wrecked. Trains were flooded and they won't be up and running for the next week or so. And it could have been worse, the combination of everything going on was very dreadful.

The apartments in the video I posted rent for around 4,000 a month...

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:02 am

No new Daily Show... Now it's officially a national emergency.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 am

We had a tornado here before, I saw the funnel. I think it was earlier this year, it hit Arlington bad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 am

RedOranje wrote:No new Daily Show... Now it's officially a national emergency.

Wasn't there a planned 1-week-hiatus? I thought I remembered something like that...

And regarding the "bit of wind"-comment: don't get me wrong, obviously a hurricane is a serious thing, I just think they could've secured coastal power stations by now, since I read the same thing about blackouts every hurricane season.

Then again, what do I know, the only disasters that hit our eastern shores used to be the Red Army...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next