CrazyBoy
Harmonica
CBarca
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Messi reaches record for most goals scored in a calendar year for Argentina - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi reaches record for most goals scored in a calendar year for Argentina

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 am

1,6TB, 519 full games BAR + ARG, 800 gifs... Razz

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Messi reaches record for most goals scored in a calendar year for Argentina - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi reaches record for most goals scored in a calendar year for Argentina

Post by Albiceleste Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:36 am

Blue wrote:Should be pointed out that 6 of those goals came in friendly matches against Switzerland and Brazil u-23 squad(Brazil CB's were Uvini and Juan).
Switzerland is a good team, and Messi deserves each one of the goals he scored against them, same with Brazil.

Btw, Hulk, Marcelo, Romulo, Sandro and Pato are under 23? Laughing Most of our players are just as old or only slightly older.

Failed accusation of stat padding Laughing

No one felt the need to point out the brazilian Ronaldo scoring 6 goals against Honduras in one friendly Laughing before his intl success ofc

Last edited by Albiceleste on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 am

That u23 team would beat most top national teams anyway Laughing

Also LM the reason they don't point it out is because they don't know and think Messi is the only player in history who padded his stats Laughing

As i said go through any great player in history and i guarantee you he feasted on scrubs to make his stats seem better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:09 am

Not taking anything away from what Messi did but Sandro, Pato, and Romulo are all 23 or under.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 am

^ Wasnt Messi only like "24" when he played them ? No big difference imo. Its not as if it was an U19 side!

Messi is continually compared to CR7 who is 2 years older than him.

(Just an example - no Messi vs Ronaldo discussions please Very Happy )
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am

great record for Missi, but he has to now translate these goals into WC goals somehow

DiMaria's assist to Higuain :bow: Gago gtfo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 am

jiopsi wrote:1,6TB, 519 full games BAR + ARG, 800 gifs... Razz

F**k me :bow:

You've got to hook me up with some vintage Torres/Atletico games mate.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am

elitedam wrote:Not taking anything away from what Messi did but Sandro, Pato, and Romulo are all 23 or under.
I believe u23 stands for under 23?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 am

I'm pretty sure it's players who are 23 or younger.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 am

Doesn't matter really anyway all the midfield and attack in Brazil's u23 are genuine quality players.

Sandro, Oscar, Neymar, Hulk, Lucas, Pato, Damaio are all quality players regardless of age.

I mention midfield and attack because the majority of Messi's goals come through escaping his midfield markers and scoring than the actual defence.

More often than not the midfield is to blame more than the defence.

No doubt the defence in the u23 team is garbage but if you watch the goals the defence are hardly the culprits for it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 pm

I said it was Brazil u23 because it was their Olympic squad, Olympic squad=u23 +3 over 23 no?

Brazil back four+GK

------------Rafael------------
Rafael---Uvini----Juan---Marcelo

Is that really not worth pointing out? I felt it was, if you feel differently then that is fine.

Anyway Messi has been great for Argentina and absolutely had a great year for NT.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Look, I'm truly not taking anything away from what Messi did. He's capable of scoring a hat trick against any defense in the world.

But Sandro, Romulo, Bruno Uvini, and Juan are all garbage.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 pm

It is funny how a lot of people try to discredit Messi's records all the time! Nevertheless, he does not stop braking them, so they will have a lot more Messi's records to discredit, because they were friendlies, because the game is too soft now, because there is no good defenders, because this, because that...

Funny thing is, if the current situation of the game is as some make it to be, why aren't there many more players braking records like Messi does?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:51 am

eelir wrote:It is funny how a lot of people try to discredit Messi's records all the time! Nevertheless, he does not stop braking them, so they will have a lot more Messi's records to discredit, because they were friendlies, because the game is too soft now, because there is no good defenders, because this, because that...

Funny thing is, if the current situation of the game is as some make it to be, why aren't there many more players braking records like Messi does?

Neymar has scored 9 international goals this year, can we start calling him a goat yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 am

Crimson, it is not just about this record, you guys try to do this about every each one of them. And this record is about Argentinian NT. So you mentioning Brazil player just proves my point. But, go one, i bet you can find some more points to add. You still haven't used your most preferred argument about the shitty defense players face nowadays!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:39 am

Crimson wrote:
eelir wrote:It is funny how a lot of people try to discredit Messi's records all the time! Nevertheless, he does not stop braking them, so they will have a lot more Messi's records to discredit, because they were friendlies, because the game is too soft now, because there is no good defenders, because this, because that...

Neymar has scored 9 international goals this year, can we start calling him a goat yet?

If you want... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 am

Crimson wrote:

Messi reaches record for most goals scored in a calendar year for Argentina - Page 2 Clutching_at_straws
these might be useful to you.
Seriously your point is beyond relevant.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 am

I just think it's irrelevant talking about Messi breaking international records when he has won nothing with the international team.

People calling him the best ever when he has done what exactly on the international stage? Even Batigol at least won 3 International trophies.

Breaking this record means nothing and I am failing to see the point of it?

I can understand Messi's great club records because it's usually accompanied by great success and means something.

Even in 1998 Batigol managed to help Argentina to the QF's and nab the Silver boot along the way, meanwhile Messi is smashing u23 Brasil teams while Argentina have yet to win a single trophy in the age of the supposedly greatest player ever lmao.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 am

Crimson wrote:Even in 1998 Batigol managed to help Argentina to the QF's and nab the Silver boot along the way, meanwhile Messi is smashing u23 Brasil teams while Argentina have yet to win a single trophy in the age of the supposedly greatest player ever lmao.
:facepalm: Scored 1on1 goal against Japan, 3 goals in a 5-0 rout against all mighty Jamaica, and a penalty against England, which he himself didn't create.

Not only is Messi performing in another level on whole, but his 12 goals in 8 games is more impressive than Batigol's 12 in 12 in 98.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

He has won a gold olympic medal with his international team and reached a continental final.

Much more than Cipriano for instance.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 am

Wow crimson that hate on messi is strong with you.

Whatever people say doesn't matter a player will not be remembered on what a little football forum have to say about him. All legends of the game have scored many goals that don't matter. There are also lots of players that have not won on the international stage and are still greats. Di Stefano for example One of crimsons favorite players did not win the world cup even though he was magnificent for Madrid. Let's not discredit an amazing player because he plays for a rival. I understand the hate towards like busquets or Alves but Messi is a living legend. The things he has accomplished and the magic displayed will always be remembered. I would even say the same thing about Cr7, these two battling it out I probably the best player rivalry or at least one of the best an we get to witness it. Enjoy this stuff no need to discredit anyone.

If Somone comes in with a face palm then this forum loses its credibility.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 am

Crimson wrote:I just think it's irrelevant talking about Messi breaking international records when he has won nothing with the international team.

so his records would be only relevant if he wins or else it means shit. And people talk about it, because he is one of the watched players and any significant thing done by him will be discussed. Are you insecure because of the attention?
People calling him the best ever when he has done what exactly on the international stage? Even Batigol at least won 3 International trophies.

Batigol did not won these cups alone, he had a very good teams backing him. And Messi is called best ever because of the way he plays, him not accomplishing internationally isnt his fault entirely. No players wins a tournament all by himself. You make it seem like Messi missed sitters with Argentina and one of the main reason why they lose.

Breaking this record means nothing and I am failing to see the point of it?

their always a meaning. It means he has taken his performance to another stage, he has added goals to his performances and that he is improving. People will discuss he is the best and one of the most famous player in the world.
I can understand Messi's great club records because it's usually accompanied by great success and means something.

so if he didnot win CDR and other throphies last season, his 73 goals would not have meant anything?

Even in 1998 Batigol managed to help Argentina to the QF's and nab the Silver boot along the way, meanwhile Messi is smashing u23 Brasil teams while Argentina have yet to win a single trophy in the age of the supposedly greatest player ever lmao.
Batigol was the striker, he is meant to score goals, even Pipa scored 4 and Argies went to QF in 2010, thus that mean he is on par with Bati? Ofcourse not. But it is a different with Messi and Bati. I remember there was a time when People used to blame Roman for everything wrong happening with Argies, even when he had a great season

Seriously dont get people who somehow manage to mix titles which are won by team performances with individual performances. Was Messi poor in WC? No. Was Messi bad in the game vs Uruguay when they lost last year? No. But somehow it is his fault that Argies dint won. Even Maradona dint won jackshit in 1982, when he had a team stacked with world class individual and than he won the world cup next time with a team not that great individually but as a team they functioned great.

And the performances he gives with Barcelona is enough for me to say he is the best I saw, even though I saw players like Zizou, Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo won with both NT and Club and were fantastic individuals. I dont believe in bashing individuals because a team failed, especially when the individual one of the few who performs well.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 am

Last edited by CrazyBoy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post.)

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:33 am

free_cat wrote:He has won a gold olympic medal with his international team and reached a continental final.

Much more than Cipriano for instance.

cipriano I assume is Cristiano. Dont talk silly, Cristiano when he was younger performed quite well for Portugal. Has reached WC semi performing quite well and even reached Euro finals, being the best youth(along side Rooney, who was sensational) of that tourney. I dont get it, why to praise Messi you have to down CR. Messi is great on his own, he does not need a CR failure favor.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 am

I am really enjoying Crimsons comments. Please continue!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:25 pm

white_star wrote:There are also lots of players that have not won on the international stage and are still greats. Di Stefano for example One of crimsons favorite players did not win the world cup even though he was magnificent for Madrid.

Di stefano didnt actually get to compete for the world cup. I dont think crimson has a problem with messi being considered a "great", he seems to have a problem with him being the "best ever"
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next