Valkyrja
the xcx
LeVersacci
FalcaoPunch
Gil
80 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Ahh gotcha. I never used it personally. Didn't even realize it was gone until the embed feature popped up.

RG's the wizard around here with features like that. I didn't see a way of enabling it again in the backend section of the forum so if he can't, it's probably something Forumotion took away.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Shitting on the MLS.

LAFC forward Carlos Vela has dominated MLS this year. Many believe this makes him the best player in the league. Zlatan Ibrahimović disagrees.

"[Carlos Vela] is playing in MLS and he's in his prime. When I was 29 where was I?"

Ahead of El Tráfico, Zlatan says he's the best player in MLS "by far"

MLS is not the level of Europe, to be honest. Before, I played with players either on my level or close to it. Which makes the game connect easier. ...
Here, I am like a Ferrari among Fiats. And it can happen that the Ferrari can become the Fiat, or the Fiat can become the Ferrari.
I had the same issue with the national [Swedish] team, though not as much. I said, ‘I don’t accept it. I don’t accept when the ball doesn’t arrive, or arrives too late. I want them to come up to my level.’
All of this makes me slow down a bit. The game here [in America] could be so much faster, so much more tactical, so much more rhythmic.

When I asked Zlatan what it will take for MLS to achieve parity with Europe and South America, he responds with a question.
“Do they want to make it?”
“Who is ‘they’?”
“They that control it. The owners. Do they want it to be big?”
“Yeah. Of course.”
“You think?”
“You don’t?”
“I don’t.”
“Why?”
“Because you don’t make money in soccer,” he tells me. “In Europe, I can pick two clubs that make money. The rest don’t; they do it out of passion. Here, with the sports, you make money. That’s it. And I think with all the rules you have here, you are not boosting up the soccer.”
What rules?
“The budget things. The salary cap. You cannot bring in players you want. They have more rules here than I have in my home.”
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 am

lmao, so they have salary cap in MLS? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:50 am

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: AC Milan 'recruiting' LA Galaxy striker - MLS chief

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50343317
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:50 am

As happy as I am to see Zlatan possibly return to Milan, it does signify a sign of times given he left at 29-30 as our best player by far and returns at 38 as still our best player by far, despite remaining a very dangerous player.

Now whilst he made a mockery of MLS (& mocked them subsequently) I do wonder how well he will compete in Serie A and under Pioli who has coached no top star in his career.

His calcio experience will help but preparing to see a more frustrated than ever Ibra playing along side our brainless squad.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 pm

To think Milan used to have Zlatan, Cassano, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho and Abate all at once
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Carlos Vela won POTY ahead of him btw.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 pm

His obnoxiousness can be a bit (very) grating
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Glad to see Carlos Vela thriving. Used to think his mentality was his biggest enemy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 pm

I swear, at first glance, I thought he was thanking Goal Legacy in that tweet.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:42 pm

El Gunner wrote:Glad to see Carlos Vela thriving. Used to think his mentality was his biggest enemy.

I'm not sure if "Major League Soccer" and "thriving" go in the same sentence when it comes to football, but better than scoring 9 per season at Real Sociedad, I suppose.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:48 pm

7th last year and not even qualified for play off, 5th this year and knocked out.

" Conquered " .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Art Morte wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Glad to see Carlos Vela thriving. Used to think his mentality was his biggest enemy.

I'm not sure if "Major League Soccer" and "thriving" go in the same sentence when it comes to football, but better than scoring 9 per season at Real Sociedad, I suppose.

owning any league means thriving :coffee: dude literally broke the league's goalscoring record this season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:55 am

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's statue in his native city of Malmo has been defaced further since the Swede announced he had bought a stake in rival club Hammarby, while the 38-year-old's residence in Stockholm was also targeted by vandals.

The striker had long been a source of pride for the Allsvenskan club, having began his career as a youth player there before advancing to the first team and going on to become arguably the best Swedish footballer in history.

That respect was dashed upon his recent announcement, however, with a recently erected statue of the enigmatic frontman subsequently being attacked with fireworks and having a toilet seat draped around its neck. Surströmming, a type of potent-smelling fermented fish, was also spread outside the property.

I’m not surprised that disposable toilet seats are easy to come by in Malmö these days  Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:38 am

Potent-smelling fermented fish. If thats not Scandinavian, i don't know what is.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:24 am

Myesyats wrote:Potent-smelling fermented fish. If thats not Scandinavian, i don't know what is.

Yeah, we have it in Norway as well. It’s one of those things that are typically advertised to tourists as «something really traditional that all natives love and eat all the time» when the reality is that it’s an acquired taste that people either hate or love, or eat on rare occasions for the sake of upholding tradition.

The Scandinavian countries haven’t always been wealthy, and some aspects of our traditions reflect times when life was tough. One of the most infamously disgusting, traditional meals in Norway is «Smalahove», which is basically a lamb or sheep’s head that’s been smoked or cooked. From my experience, the majority of Norwegians have never been offered to eat it, let alone actually eaten it. Most people don’t want to. I’m sure it was considered a luxurious meal, during times when food was scarce and meat/spices were limited in variety, but nowadays it’s mostly eaten by particularly conservative and traditional people, or used for some kind of bet/dare.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am

Thimmy wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Potent-smelling fermented fish. If thats not Scandinavian, i don't know what is.

Yeah, we have it in Norway as well. It’s one of those things that are typically advertised to tourists as «something really traditional that all natives love and eat all the time» when the reality is that it’s an acquired taste that people either hate or love, or eat on rare occasions for the sake of upholding tradition.

The Scandinavian countries haven’t always been wealthy, and some aspects of our traditions reflect times when life was tough. One of the most infamously disgusting, traditional meals in Norway is «Smalahove», which is basically a lamb or sheep’s head that’s been smoked or cooked. From my experience, the majority of Norwegians have never been offered to eat it, let alone actually eaten it. Most people don’t want to. I’m sure it was considered a luxurious meal, during times when food was scarce and meat/spices were limited in variety, but nowadays it’s mostly eaten by particularly conservative and traditional people, or used for some kind of bet/dare.

Sounds like the name of a Norwegian black metal band. Wouldn't be suprised if there's one.

Somebody check metal-archives.com and get back to me eco smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:55 pm

ffs Laughing
now I understand because ppl said me to not go in Malmoe when I've been in Sweden ( Stockholm for the rest Heart )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:03 pm

I've been to Malmö (not to Stockholm), but I liked it very, very much. Seemed like a great little city.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Malmö used to be among my favorite, Swedish cities. It’s still is one of the cities in Sweden that I like the most, if purely for the aesthetic impression of it. Parts of Malmö are outright dangerous to travel through these days, though. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to visit Malmö without warning them of the rampant crime and disorder in the outskirts of the city center.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:Malmö used to be among my favorite, Swedish cities. It’s still is one of the cities in Sweden that I like the most, if purely for the aesthetic impression of it. Parts of Malmö are outright dangerous to travel through these days, though. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to visit Malmö without warning them of the rampant crime and disorder in the outskirts of the city center.

It's funny, because people keep telling that, we cycled through and around there and it seemed pretty much idyllic to me.
But then basically every Swede you mention Malmö to gets this serious look on their face ..
I'm not sure what exactly the Swedish, or Norwegian for that matter, standard for rampantly criminal and disorderly is Laughing
But then I live in an area of Berlin that is supposed to be shady too, for a long time now, and I've never felt unsafe for a second, maybe it's just a lack of perception on my part, or I look too harmless for people to bother with me.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:48 pm

I get what you're saying, and obviously the entire city of Malmö isn't so unsafe that you can't travel through it without definitely getting stabbed or mugged. Even my own mom went there on a short business trip last year, and she only had positive impressions. I still wouldn't advice anyone to stay there longer than necessary, though, as it's close enough to the particularly criminal districts that they would be doing so at their own discretion. Apart from my own experiences, as well as the experiences of people I know who used to live in the areas that are now called "no-go zones", incidents of stabbing, shooting and blind violence are frequent enough there, that they reach Norwegian papers on a relatively regular basis. The aptly named Rosengård (rosy manor) district is absolutely bad enough that I would at least advice people I care about to avoid the entire city, if possible.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Which people are stabbed there regularly though? Tourists? Random bypassers?
Or isn't it more like people in fucked up neighborhoods stabbing each other for reasons of, probably, some sort of organized crime
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Thimmy wrote:Malmö used to be among my favorite, Swedish cities. It’s still is one of the cities in Sweden that I like the most, if purely for the aesthetic impression of it. Parts of Malmö are outright dangerous to travel through these days, though. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to visit Malmö without warning them of the rampant crime and disorder in the outskirts of the city center.
why was there a big rise in crime malmo
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Unique wrote:
why was there a big rise in crime malmo

I’m sure you’ve heard of it. When Trump quite hysterically referred to Sweden as a once paradise turned into a war zone, he was basically referring to a part of Malmö called Rosengård. It’s become an almost exclusively immigrant- populated area, and has seen an increasing rate in murder, blind violence, rape and vandalism that’s unprecendented in Swedish history.

It’s referred to as a no-go zone because the police don’t enter the area without being heavily protected and having a good reason to go there. I had two friends who lived there for about 5 years, but moved out a couple of years ago. They were both beaten up more than once, the girl among them was victim of attempted rape twice, and the guy was stabbed twice in the back when he was walking from his car to his apartment.

From what I can tell, the perpetrators seem to mostly consist of relatively young immigrants who have created a lawless area because the Swedish government failed to integrate them into society. It’s quite common in a lot of western countries I suppose, but it’s particularly bad in Rosengård, and a prime example of what may happen when a country opts to take in far more immigrants than they have the resources to process and integrate.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:25 pm

And people say mass immigration is a great thing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum