The Messiah
52 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

#8 - Javi Martínez - Page 7 Empty Re: #8 - Javi Martínez

Post by II Capitano Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 am

rwo power wrote:
II Capitano wrote:German is simple.

Dein Mutti sehr gut in meiner bett (not sure if that's right, spelling and grammar wise lulz).
Nope.

Or maybe it's Dein Mutter sehr gut in meinem bett, can't remember. Nonetheless German was simple for me to grasp in the early stages, but the only major problem is when the masculine and feminine, making it a difficult language overall.

II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:28 am

Well, you forgot the verb, the gender of the possessive pronoun doesn't match the substantive and we use to capitalize substantives. And of course the information you wish to convey is erroneous, too Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:30 am

rwo power wrote:Well, you forgot the verb, the gender of the possessive pronoun doesn't match the substantive and we use to capitalize substantives. And of course the information you wish to convey is erroneous, too Razz

And that's what makes it hard when you start digging deep into it and, oh, I think you just owned me there. The information was erroneous. Sad
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 am

II Capitano wrote:
rwo power wrote:Well, you forgot the verb, the gender of the possessive pronoun doesn't match the substantive and we use to capitalize substantives. And of course the information you wish to convey is erroneous, too Razz
And that's what makes it hard when you start digging deep into it and, oh, I think you just owned me there. The information was erroneous. Sad
Moreover, would you really want to say a lady such a sentence into her face? *shakes head*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:35 am

rwo power wrote:
II Capitano wrote:
Moreover, would you really want to say a lady such a sentence into her face? *shakes head*

Of course - it's my chat up line. Wink You interested?
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 am

II Capitano wrote:Of course - it's my chat up line. Wink You interested?
I take it you don't have much success with women then. Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 am

rwo power wrote:

I'm Muslim, what did you expect? Razz Wink
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 am

rwo power wrote:Javi talking German after only 2 weeks in Munich :bow:

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he learned some before hand as he comes from the same region I do (Basque Country) which has a large amount of a German population as which is why you can see I have taken the initiative to learn the language.

Javi :bow: Make us proud.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:13 am

Arquitecto wrote:To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he learned some before hand as he comes from the same region I do (Basque Country) which has a large amount of a German population as which is why you can see I have taken the initiative to learn the language.

Javi :bow: Make us proud.
Well, whatever the reason, it does take quite some balls to stand in front the camera and use a foreign language if one knows there will be some million curious people watching it! Kudos to him, and I'm pretty sure he will do everyone proud Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 am

II Capitano wrote:
rwo power wrote:

I am one myself but I'm quite good on that aspect Wink
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

The Messiah wrote:
II Capitano wrote:
rwo power wrote:

I highly doubt that lol, if a girl disagrees with you about Bayern you probably lash out!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 pm

The Messiah wrote:
II Capitano wrote:
rwo power wrote:

#8 - Javi Martínez - Page 7 21510618
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

MARTINEZ MAKING HIS MARK IN MUNICH

It was the perfect opportunity for the 24-year-old to open his account for the record champions, but Martinez will swiftly be forgiven by the Bayern faithful given the impact he has already made since arriving from Athletic Bilbao at the end of August for a Bundesliga record 40 million euro fee.

Money well spent

Not that Martinez was signed for his goalscoring abilities. In six years with the Basque outfit, he chipped in with a useful 23 goals in 201 appearances but, as a defensive midifelder, his game has always been about breaking up attacks rather than creating them.

Doing the dirty work, effectively, is one of the Spaniard's biggest assets and the fact that he may not stand out over 90 minutes is something he can take as a compliment. His average of 31 tackles per game, 11 more than his Germany international clubmate Bastian Schweinsteiger, is proof enough he's doing something right.

A perfect fit

Although eyebrows were raised at the club's interest in a player relatively unknown outside of the Iberian peninsula, Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge does not believe any justification was required for the continent's biggest summer transfer. "He's a superb player," said Rummenigge. "Javi fits in perfectly, even in terms of his character, but I knew that because he declined money to make sure the deal went through."

"Martinez gives us the highest level of quality," continued the former Germany striker. "That's the feeling I get. We've spent money in an area where games are often decided and we've bought the best quality for at least the next five years." The statistics serve to reinforce those sentiments. An astonishing 90 per cent passing accuracy rate, combined with an average of 83 touches per match represent obvious value in terms of his contribution to the team.

Towering presence

Martinez's imposing physique also gives him an aerial advantage and his record of 65 per cent of headers won speaks for itself. It is a quality that has not gone unnoticed by Spain coach Vicente del Bosque, who has included the Bayern midelder in his squad for the defending champions' upcoming FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Belarus and France.

"I've called Javi Martinez up as a central defender because that's where we need him most, and that's where we'll be deploying him," said del Bosque, who also guided Spain to the successful defence of their European title over the summer. Having already played at centre back for Bilbao, Martinez will take the positional switch in his stride - further evidence, were any needed, that Bayern have once again made an exceedingly sound investment.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm so friggen excited to see how he develops under Guardiola.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:58 pm

His interview with Marca:

Question. With a 15-point advantage over Borussia Dortmund and 54 points out of 63, are you already seeing yourself with one of those beers with which German teams celebrate the Bundesliga?

Answer: It's true that we're doing very well, on the right track. The whole world is telling us that it's done, but we are conscious that we've still got the second half of the season ahead of us. I always say the same: until the maths say that you're unreachable, you've won nothing.

Q. Do you really not see yourself as champion of the Bundesliga?

A. It's true that we'd have to drop a lot. If everything goes like in the first round then it's there for the taking, but I've been told already that the Bundesliga was lost not long ago after having a wide advantage.

Q. Did you imagine that your first season in Germany could be like this, sportswise and personally?

A. When I decided to sign I had no idea about how I could go there. Everything was new: the club, the city, the language... it was a huge question mark. I'm a very homely person, who spends time with family, friends, a man of my land. I had a bit of fear, well, not just a bit. But everything has been great. It's been awesome for me and not just football-wise. I live in a fantastic city as Munich is, a great country as Germany is, and also being able to learn their language, something I'm working on.

Q. What has surprised you about Germany and the germans?

A. The cold! I never thought it'd be so intense. And from the germans, their honesty. There is no tomfoolery. They have the newspapers on the street and you can pick them up without paying, but nobody does that. That doesn't happen in Spain.

Q. How do you remember your arrival at Bayern's dressing room?

A. The first day I came here there was nobody because the team had trained in the morning. The next day they gave me a fantastic welcoming. I tried to speak to themin english, but it was Mario Gomez, Pizarro, and the brazilian lads who introduced me to the rest. They treated me great since I walked through that door.

Q. Any freshman pranks?

A. No, no, that's not usual here. Though there are lots of jokers in the dressing room.

Q. Who's the leading voice when it comes to pranks?

A. There are plenty. Ribery is always joking around, Muller is hilarious... there's a great atmosphere in the dressing room.

Q. Is Schweinsteiger as scary as he looks on the pitch?

A. Bastian? Scary? No way! He's one of those who's surprised me the most. He's an awesome guy. Whenever my brother or my friends came here he's treated them like they had been his friends since forever. He's a spectacular lad.

Q. How was your first Oktoberfest at Bayern?

A. Really good. You have to live it to know what that party means to the city's culture. We all went dressed as bavarians and had a great time.

Q. Was the 40 million thing too heavy on you?

A. No, it motivated me. The club and Heynckes took the pressure off me on tha t and they told me I only had to play and not think about the 40 million. They left that very clear since I arrived here

Q. And being the first spaniard to wear the Bayern shirt?

A. Neither, because since the moment I came here they've made me feel like another one of them, as though I had played with them for a long time.

Q. How's Heynckes when he gets mad?

A. It's a serious thing. He doesn't look as though he has a temper, but when he does... besides, german is a tough language. At first I didn't understand him, but you didn't have to to understand he was really angry.

Q. Is Bayern as exemplary as it appears to be on the outside?

A. It's mindblowing. Leaves an impact on you. It's a club which moves 9 million people, one of the biggest in Europe, and which has been able not to lose that feeling of being in a family. My image of Bayern was that it was a big club and now I think it's a gigantic club which you experience with familiarity and normality.

Q. That probably has to do a lot with the fact that some of the people running the club were great footballers like Beckenbauer, Rummenigge, Hoeness…

A. That's really good for the club. They transmit what Bayern means. It's great for us because they know when the pressure has to be on or off.

Q. Of the last three Champions League finals, Bayern has played two.

A. That means that they're doing things really well. The history of Bayern is right there. I wish we can give the club the Champions it deserves.

Q. How much beer would be drunk on the booth if you win it?

A. [Laughs] Everything would go down really well! No, no, I don't want to say anything about what I'd do, don't want to jinx it.

Q. Can you tell at the club the pressure of having to win the Champions League?

A. No, not really. They obviously want to win it, but there is no priority above the Bundesliga or the Cup.

Q. Is this Bayern at the level of Barca or Madrid?

A. Only time will tell. Right now we have to show whether we're better than Arsenal or not. I wish we have to face Madrid or Barca because it would mean we've gone through.

Q. Are you often compared to them in Germany?

A. Madrid and Barcelona are examples and references for everyone, and the same applies here. We aspire to compete with them.

Q. Have you intaken this image of Bayern as Madrid's black beast?

A. I've grown up watching two great duels in the Champions League: Barca - Chelsea and Bayern - Madrid. They always face each other! I've enjoyed a lot watching mythical duels between Bayern and Madrid on the T.V. and I wish I can live that now from the inside.

Q. Is Ribery your Messi or your Cristiano?

A. He's one of the best in the world, who makes a difference, who is different. We need him a lot and I hope he reaches the end of the season at the level which he has had since it started. He's out of this world.

Q. How did you hear about Guardiola's signing?

A. Since I'm a bit out of it all and they always speak in German I heard because a team mate told me. It was a surprise and his arrival generates great illusion at the team.

Q. How do you imagine Pep's Bayern?

A. They don't let us talk much about it because the week of the signing it was the only talking topic and that influenced the match against Greuther Furth, where we didn't play well. They asked us that, regardless of how much illusion it brings everyone, we've still got half a league left and that's what matters.

Q. But do you think Pep's Bayern can play like Barca?

A. Only time will tell. Bayern is playing great, we've got great players and most of them are really young.

Q. Well, there are countless names coming up each day for Guardiola's project...

A. [Laughter] I have a list of everyone who's been named: Beñar, Isco, Silva, Chico... we're making a whole new separate team! We have a great team, with very young people. I'm at a gigantic team.

Q. Who is the player who has surprised you the most?

A. Alaba. I think he's a monster football player who is at an impressive level. A similar ting has happened to me with Dante. When I saw him I said: "*bleep*, what class he's got!". I thought it was because his form was great at that moment, but I've already seen it's like that all the time. insist, however, that the overall team level is extremely high, starting from the goalkeeping, because Neuer is world class, all the way to the top.

Q. Did you see Heynckes as being hurt when the Guardiola announcement was made?

A. No, because it's something which I think was already known, which wasn't a sudden decision.

Q. Has he told you whether he'll quit football?

A. No, no. Truth is, we don't know whether he'll keep on coaching or not.

Q. How is the Bundesliga on the inside?

A. A sight to behold. The atmosphere at the matches is incredible. I've been told to wait and see how it's like when we play at Dortmund's stadium. My team mates have told me it's the best atmosphere you can experience in Europe.

Seems like Javi really loves life in Munich and gives insight why Bayern don't sell players and why players don't leave unless we hire a crazy. Robben extended a contract for the first time in his career despite Müller.

Didn't realize the spanish media was scared of Piggy O.o
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Great interview and nice to read that Javi didn't regret his move to Munich!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Well Piggy does look rather scary, like some kind of German proto-human, and he can be a bit vicious on the pitch.

They don't get to see Schweinsteiger interviews in German, where he makes jokes, is really insightful, and they probably didn't follow him when he was a young kid, who painted his fingernails, dyed his hair, and was basically half a punk-rocker, who was deep into left-wing politics and philosophy. I don't think it's widely known that Schweinstieger is a bit of a prankster, a thinker, and a bit of a softy off the pitch.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Such freaking beast atm. Nothing gets past him. Dribbles 3 Werder Bremen while on the floor.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:00 pm

#8 - Javi Martínez - Page 7 Tumblr_mipts9xn7c1rw46m4o1_500

its a shame I missed the game darn you TV Sad
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm liking him more and more, he's that MvB-replacement I've been harping on about, ever since MvB got sold.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Javi has given me even more incentive to view Bayern due to his Basque nationality/upbringing and he has been worth every 40 million. Not only he has been the linchpin of the Bavarian midfield with his commanding presence, passing and excellent off the ball reading of the game, he has surpassed Schweinsteiger in tactical importance for midfield cohesion and shown a superior big game presence. I do wish he would be given more license to roam forward whilst showing his ability in tight spaces, as he did in Athletic Club but it is understandable given Piggy's tendencies to venture into advance positions.

Until then, great to see Javi making us proud. Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Has been class, deserves to start over Biscuit
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 pm

EL Patron wrote:Has been class, deserves to start over Biscuit
r u serious? Javi Martinez has little technique. In fact, i would sig bet someone that Pep turns him into a CB next year...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Zealous wrote:He's all right. Might even be great if he develops correctly.

My eye for talent is unmatched ffs Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Has been class, deserves to start over Biscuit
r u serious? Javi Martinez has little technique. In fact, i would sig bet someone that Pep turns him into a CB next year...
i agree that's what i am expecting as well.

As for the NT, given how little Spain AMs actually pressure the midfield and run back in defense, i think Javi-Busquets is the best double pivot for them at the moment. but they wont do it and eventually lose the next WC by sticking with the old guard.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Spain are too technical, need a bit of power and aggression in there
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite