halamadrid2
gondov
free_cat
windkick
The Sanchez
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by eelir Thu 30 Aug 2012, 00:56

Brady2Moss wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Players that can lift their head high after today: Valdes, Montoya, Pedro... anyone else?

Valdes was just bad, but that is expected of him. If that guy wasn't Catalan, he would've been sent packing long ago. But because he is, Barca fans have to endure...

Did you watch the second leg?

free_cat wrote:Does anyone have an explanation about how incredible poor we were until Adrian sent off??

Cause I just can't understand it.

Happy with our performance with ten men and with Pedro. what a phenomenon. twice the player Alexis is and ever will be.

I think two reasons:
1. RM stepped down
2. our defense stepped up seing they were one man down. Also we weren't pushing forward that boldly with missing numbers.

If you take a notice both of RM goals were not even "normal" counterattacks, rather then defense clearance! So our defenders were pretty high up, as usual, but this time they were not ready, as the "counter" started with clearance.

eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Aug 2012, 00:58

Masche is tricky. He did hand exquisite passes to Pedro and Alexis though, and grew into the match after he regained some confidence. I'd still say his performance improved but didn't make up for the error.

I wouldn't say Valdes was at fault for the 2nd goal, it was shared between him and Pique but Ronaldo deserves a lot of credit for the power in the strike.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:01

shinigami99 wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Players that can lift their head high after today: Valdes, Montoya, Pedro... anyone else?

Valdes was just bad, but that is expected of him. If that guy wasn't Catalan, he would've been sent packing long ago. But because he is, Barca fans have to endure...

Valdes makes some really great saves sometimes, and his mistake factor was really low for the past 3-4 years. Lately he has been having a bit more.

Also, your sig :bow: :bow:

Yeah, I don't deny that. Valdes does really come through with great saves, sometimes.

However, most often than not, he is a liability to the club. I don't understand why Barca don't invest in a decent keeper to replace him or at the very least, give him some competition. Valdes is getting to complacent for my liking.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:02

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Masche is tricky. He did hand exquisite passes to Pedro and Alexis though, and grew into the match after he regained some confidence. I'd still say his performance improved but didn't make up for the error.

I wouldn't say Valdes was at fault for the 2nd goal, it was shared between him and Pique but Ronaldo deserves a lot of credit for the power in the strike.

Fair enough

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:02

eelir wrote:

Brady2Moss wrote:

Did you watch the second leg?

Yeah, I did. Did you?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:07

Valdes played well tonight shouldn't take anything away from him
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:17

Valdes, Pedro, Montoya and Song are the only ones who can hold their heads high.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:23

From Barcastuff

Despite the insults of the Madrid fans, Barcelona players stay on the pitch to applaud the champion #fcblive #elclasico

Scum, classless, assholes,f***tards......personifying what it means to be a Madrid fan

Clearly losing so much for 3-4 years has twisted their minds to view Barcelona as less than human.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu 30 Aug 2012, 01:55

Dont anyone get deceived. We lost today but Mou is still under pressure. We should not let our lead slip, 5 points is a lot. Madrid lost to us even is worse circumstances last year. They went on to win laliga.

We will have the last laugh. If we continue with our lead in laliga, madrid will even have greater pressure in their CL quest as they will try to battle in two fronts.

Cesc, alexis, Song, thiago, tello montoya; These guys will be very essential if we are to win the 3 most important trophies. I know everyone tends to like scape goats at these difficult times. Madrid got the supercopa which they probably deserve from their league triumps last year (to some
extent). In a weird way, I feel if we had won tonight, we would have been complacent in the league and a wounded Madrid would have easily close the laliga points gap.

We have a 5 point lead , let Madrid suffer to close this point gap. They did it to us last year and ultimately led us to suffer in the CL too (becz of fatigue and all). Lets maintain it until the next clasico.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu 30 Aug 2012, 02:09

Very even tie overall imo, obviously we had dominated at home, they dominated at their home (against 10 men). I only watched the first half but it seems shambolic defending in the end cost us the cup. Oh well, congratulations Real Madrid on the super copa.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 02:10

Certainly seems to me that Mou does not care about the supercopa at all Laughing
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:03

I think the first half was the worst I've seen Barca play for about 5 years. I haven't seen us dominated like that since... I can't even remember.

Here are my thoughts on our performers. An article rating all our players:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1315666-real-madrid-2-1-fc-barcelona-rating-barcas-performers

Let me know your thoughts... I was pretty ruthless.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:11

I think you're too rough on Masche Kizz. As I mentioned before I don't think he had a good game, but if you're going to forgive Xavi's awful 1st half because of the 2nd one then I think you should also show some clemency for our best CB.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:13

shinigami99 wrote:From Barcastuff

Despite the insults of the Madrid fans, Barcelona players stay on the pitch to applaud the champion #fcblive #elclasico

Scum, classless, assholes,f***tards......personifying what it means to be a Madrid fan

Clearly losing so much for 3-4 years has twisted their minds to view Barcelona as less than human.

Try calling me that in my face punk..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:20

Giggity5313 wrote:

LOL, com'on now fellas. There will always be rotten apples among every supporters. I'm sure many in the bernabeu respected barca for the gesture. Heart
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:21

Barcastuff isint a source, its just a fanmade website including all the inputs, stats and news about barcelona. It can hardly called a reliable.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:22

Barcelona defense was just hilariously all over the place. Madrid parking the bus with man advantage. Laughing

Messi and Valdes only ones worthy of mentioning.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:29

Is Barca really gonna go with Puyol/Pique/Mascherano/Abidal for CB position the whole season? If so, it's gonna be a long one.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:29

I thought Valdes was poor overall.. The shots he deflected was either too weak or pretty inaccurate. You guys, were lucky Higgy was easy on you.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:42

Does anyone else suspect that the arrival of Song has made Busquets insecure about his place in the team? Because thats 2 games in a row that he's been beyond garbage.

I don't know, Song may be balling like a boss in training and with his wonderful cameo tonight he may be giving Tito food for thought. I wanted Song to come into the club to force Busquets to not get complacent and strive to keep his place, the opposite seems to be occuring at the moment.

Also, playing the double pivot really would have helped us tonight.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:50

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think you're too rough on Masche Kizz. As I mentioned before I don't think he had a good game, but if you're going to forgive Xavi's awful 1st half because of the 2nd one then I think you should also show some clemency for our best CB.

Hmm... Well I had Xavi at 4.5 or 5 at half time and Masch at 3.

Both improved but there is little you can do to improve your performance if you're a defender who's made a game-changing error. Thats just the responsibility of a defender.

There was the goal, the disallowed goal and then countless times he tried to play the offside trap and failed. Like I said, he's a spectacular defender, but I'd prefer a safe on.

Really didn't rate his performance tonight. He and Pique were horrid. Only Alexis 'aaah jump in the air, the pitch is burning my feet' Sanchez pissed me off more lol.

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu 30 Aug 2012, 03:52

Jonathan28 wrote:Does anyone else suspect that the arrival of Song has made Busquets insecure about his place in the team? Because thats 2 games in a row that he's been beyond garbage.

I don't know, Song may be balling like a boss in training and with his wonderful cameo tonight he may be giving Tito food for thought. I wanted Song to come into the club to force Busquets to not get complacent and strive to keep his place, the opposite seems to be occuring at the moment.

Short answer, no.

I just don't think he should be worried at all.

And Song was not wonderful, he had no idea wtf he was doing out there.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu 30 Aug 2012, 04:02

[quote="BarcaKizz"]
Jonathan28 wrote:Does anyone else suspect that the arrival of Song has made Busquets insecure about his place in the team? Because thats 2 games in a row that he's been beyond garbage.

Short answer, no.

I just don't think he should be worried at all.

And Song was not wonderful, he had no idea wtf he was doing out there. [/quo

A bit harsh on Song, don't u think?

He set up Messi who almost equalized ffs!! I cant remember anyone having such a difficult debut tbh.

And yeh, I think Busquets should be in constant fear of losing his position to Song, that's the way it should be.

Anyway I'm sure Song will have enough time to prove his worth, he is not a chicken that's for sure Thumbs up
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 04:10

Giggity5313 wrote:

Lol sorry man, epic knee jerk on my part. I was pretty pissed about everything lol

Won't happen again.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu 30 Aug 2012, 04:24

Song was bad. He was constantly abandoning his position in front of the back four and taking up forward positions where he was surrounded by Madrid players and also crowding out Iniesta. In this situation it was okay as we needed a goal. But, if he is going to continue like this, then there is no hope for him in the midfield.

Last edited by kiranr on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 05:06; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu 30 Aug 2012, 04:52

What a difference a player can make.
I am under no doubt whatsoever that we would have won this match with Dani Alves.We were done in time and time again by the diagonal ball.Alves would have dealt with them and he would also have owned Ronaldo and bossed the right flank.
Perhaps in hindsight,it would have been better to start Adriano on the left and Montoya on the right but thats easy to say now.
Our defense was a joke throughout the match.I dont agree that Masch imrpoved in the second half.He was just as bad.Its just that our midfield play improved immensely after going a man down and Masch didnt have to deal with as much.

Horrific blunder on the first goal but even aprt from that he was poor. It was the same old problem.He goes searching for the ball leaving huge gaps in defense.I counted atleast 3 times when he was caught in no man's land up the field.Consequently leaving a huge hole down the center of the defense.Left Pique with too much to do at such times.He is a ball chaser and that wont even change.Masch simply isnt a CB and dont think he will ever become a proper one.We are gambling heavily by depending on him this season.
Pique was at fault for the second leg.He made 2 mistakes.He should have claered the ball initially but got schooled by Ronaldo.After that he should have gone and blocked the shot.Instead he stupidly ran to the goal thereby leaving Ronaldo a free shot.The game also reiterated that he cant lead a backline yet.
Valdes too was at fault for the second goal.That is a routine stop and any first division keeper in any major league should stop that.It was a simple stop and he should have stopped it.He needs to step up.
Alba was poor positionally.Got caught out a lot of times.Still early days.
I dont agree with the criticism of Busquets.What the hell is he supposed to do with a schoolboy defense behind him?
Alexis was just atrocious and he really needs to stop with the diving.Its embarassing.
Pedro was again immense.Full of drive,tenacity,skill and running.
I thought Messi was the best player on the pitch.Definitely his best game of the season.Came into his own after we went a goal down.Dragged the team back into the game and showed leadership qualities and character.
Helped out in midfield to keep possession and also managed to create upfront.
Still not dribbling as much as he normally does but thats probably because he is not upto full fitness yet.
An excellent freekick to put us back in the tie.Intricate play in the middle and a couple of outrageous throughballs from midfield to set up the 2 fullbacks,Alba and Montoya.His passing is just from another planet right now.An excellent performance from the little man.Full of character.
Our midfield maestros didnt have a great game but improved significantly in the second half.
Tello was poor after coming on.It shows why we need to keep Afellay.Tello is too one dimensional and inconsistent right now.Afellay would have been a better option from the bench.
Overall extremely pleased with our performance with 10 men.We outplayed them with 10 men and had around 5 clear chances to equalize.It must drive them crazy that even against 10 men they cant run the game in midfield.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next