Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win?

+4
neuro11
Cotes
Collblanc
messixaviesta
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win? Empty Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win?

Post by messixaviesta Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:46 am

The winner will be announced on Thursday 30th August after the UCL draw.

The contenders to make the podium are Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Andres Iniesta.

Who do you think will win? I think it's very tight this time.

These are the other players who finished in the top ten.

4. Andrea Pirlo
5. Xavi
6. Iker Casillas
7. Didier Drogba
8. Radamel Falcao & Petr Cech
10. Mesut Ozil

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win? Empty Re: Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win?

Post by Collblanc Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Messi. Ronaldo will have a better chance then Iniesta for his european cup performance. But LiĆ³ will take it home.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win? Empty Re: Uefa's Best Player In Europe - Who Will Win?

Post by Cotes Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:20 pm

:bow: Pirlo :bow:
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:25 pm

I also agree that this year it will be more tight and wish messi win it deservingly. but sometimes i feel may be ronaldo can just edge him may because of Goal.com's recent hype on him.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:02 pm

neuro, why do you think Goal.com's "hype" can have any effect on those who will vote for this award?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 pm

This award is much different than balon d'or award... because for this award, Sports journalists from different European countries, who on daily bases report about Football news and know tons about the impact of players on their team, and they take into consideration the titles and performances and so on....

balond'or.... coaches and team captains vote for it, so it is a popularity contest... i mean what would a captain of burkino faso or coach of turkmenistan know , or feel the obligation to vote fairly after all research? they will just vote for player they like regardless of how their season was...

SO i like this award much better tbh
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:26 am

Real Kandahar wrote:This award is much different than balon d'or award... because for this award, Sports journalists from different European countries, who on daily bases report about Football news and know tons about the impact of players on their team, and they take into consideration the titles and performances and so on....

balond'or.... coaches and team captains vote for it, so it is a popularity contest... i mean what would a captain of burkino faso or coach of turkmenistan know , or feel the obligation to vote fairly after all research? they will just vote for player they like regardless of how their season was...

Oh is this a popularity contest? Please tell me more... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:31 am

messixaviesta wrote:neuro, why do you think Goal.com's "hype" can have any effect on those who will vote for this award?

sorry for my poor writing. i wanted to mean that may be because i am reading so much abt ronaldo in goal.com , sometimes i feel may be ronaldo will win it.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:This award is much different than balon d'or award... because for this award, Sports journalists from different European countries, who on daily bases report about Football news and know tons about the impact of players on their team, and they take into consideration the titles and performances and so on....

sanchez, i think your reading skills are very limited... re-read and then delete your irrelevant post.

balond'or is popularity contest, not this specific award in question, which i clearly outlined the reasons for, so please, dont post randomly without reading ..

you try to be smart, but in end your posts contradict you so bad LOL keep posting its funny

#fail
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

sanchez, i think your reading skills are very limited... re-read and then delete your irrelevant post.

balond'or is popularity contest, not this specific award in question, which i clearly outlined the reasons for, so please, dont post randomly without reading ..

#fail

Ballon is not a popualrity contest. People don't just vote for the sake of popularity. Please... :coffee: They vote on how successful a player was. Ronaldo is probably the most popular player in the world today. No joke, yet he hasn't one this award since he left to Real. Messi doesn't just win 3 awards in a row for no reason. He obviously must have been successful throughout that season.
I am only questioning your statement buddy. Regardless of whether its Ballon of Fifa trophies, never is it popularity. Please write better, then I don't have to read crap. :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 am

Why the F is Drogba there?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 am

Nameless wrote:Why the F is Drogba there?
His success for Chelsea... Suspect
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:50 am

He barely had a hand in there tbh...
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:52 am

Nameless wrote:He barely had a hand in there tbh...

Scoring a penality in the CL final, gives you the right to be on that list... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:52 am

No it dosent :coffee:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:54 am

Nameless wrote:No it dosent :coffee:

You don't get my sarcasm... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:45 am

neuro11 wrote:
sorry for my poor writing. i wanted to mean that may be because i am reading so much abt ronaldo in goal.com , sometimes i feel may be ronaldo will win it.

Oh I see. His chances can by no means be underrated this time.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 am

The Sanchez wrote:Ronaldo is probably the most popular player in the world today.

sanchez, why do you think so? I think it's Messi hands down.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:51 am

JD, I've notice you always spend a lot of attention and time to these awards, which is...

I guess I must question, why?

Just curious.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Scoring a penality in the CL final, gives you the right to be on that list... :coffee:

I feel Drogba deserves to be there. For Chelsea's parking the bus style I think he is the only forward in the world who could have worked to this extent. With the rest of the team sitting back, he alone up front caused enough trouble for opposition defenders. He scored goals and made the difference in very key moments in the UCL victory. He may not have had a consistently productive season but for the umpteenth time I will repeat that impact matters much more than consistency in such lists and awards.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 am

CBarca wrote:JD, I've notice you always spend a lot of attention and time to these awards, which is...

I guess I must question, why?

Just curious.

Just a matter of my psychology I guess. Enjoyed competitions, rankings, countdowns, lists, etc. of various kinds from a very young age provided I didn't have to compete myself. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 am

Alright, I've always had a disdain for rankings, countdowns and other lists. I still do like to discuss them, but I hardly have any respect for the awards themselves.

Most of the time it just comes down to popularity, or in other-non football related- cases, politics/money (although I wouldn't have too much knowledge of those given my tender age haha Razz)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:00 am

messixaviesta wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Ronaldo is probably the most popular player in the world today.

sanchez, why do you think so? I think it's Messi hands down.

Ronaldo is the most well known player in the world. Don't know why but ask any kid or any stranger to soccer about the first player they know. Answer will be Ronaldo. As for the award, Messi should get it. Just have to look at stats and his performance on the pitch.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:05 am

CBarca wrote:Alright, I've always had a disdain for rankings, countdowns and other lists. I still do like to discuss them, but I hardly have any respect for the awards themselves.

Most of the time it just comes down to popularity, or in other-non football related- cases, politics/money (although I wouldn't have too much knowledge of those given my tender age haha Razz)

Fair enough.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Ronaldo is the most well known player in the world. Don't know why but ask any kid or any stranger to soccer about the first player they know. Answer will be Ronaldo.

paxton, interesting reply. I thought both Messi and C.Ronaldo are at least equally known in such cases. However you may be right. At least as far as those who know the game and follow it regularly go, I think they value Messi more.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next