Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe?

+36
Lord Awesome
DeviAngel
billionmillion
alexjanosik
Zealous
izzy
the xcx
harhar11
jibers
Highburied
RealGunner
Divine Intervention
Giovanni10
_LMG_10_
BeautifulGame
Pedram
Deathrow898
aford92
billy_gr
juventus101
Adit
zizzle
Lord Spencer
Omniscient
Le Samourai
Internal
StevieRayVaughan
bazinga
Amar
Jeps33178
Ganso
Lex
fatman123
Sushi Master
ChollaVille
Dnmac4
40 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe? Empty Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 am

I'm a Barcelona fan and I will fully admit that our system makes some players look better then they are and they benefit greatly from our midfield and style of play.

With that being said, every game I watch Pedro play for Spain or Barca I come away more and more impressed. IMO, he should be a starter for Spain no questions asked. Also, when people talk about the best wingers in the world he never gets a mention, why is that? His scoring numbers are really good, he plays great defense and works his ass off. Not to mention he almost always shows up in big games and his pace in insane. I mean on this forum and from conversations I have with other fans people mention players like Nani, Di Maria(maybe not so much anymore), Alexis Sanchez as just hands down better then him.

When Sanchez was healthy and playing for us I though Pedro was head and shoulders better and I know some of it had to do with Sanchez getting into our system but I even feel like Barcelona keeps looking to replace him as well, I just don't understand why?

Will Pedro have to move to get the respect he deserves? Does playing for Barcelona actually hurt his credibility as one of the best wingers in the world?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe? Empty Re: Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe?

Post by ChollaVille Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:57 am

He is world class player, but in team where you have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Villa etc its hard to look so much good.

For me Dani Alves is more underrated.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe? Empty Re: Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 am

ChollaVille wrote:He is world class player, but in team where you have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Villa etc its hard to look so much good.

I think most people will concede Dani Alves is the best or top 2-3 LB in the world. Pedro gets no credit really.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 am

No, Pedro is rated fine. He plays for Barcelona.

Thomas Mueller is where it's at.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 am

dnmac4 wrote:
ChollaVille wrote:He is world class player, but in team where you have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Villa etc its hard to look so much good.

I think most people will concede Dani Alves is the best or top 2-3 LB in the world. Pedro gets no credit really.

scratch
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:04 am

Is Pedro the most underrated player in Europe? 43281410
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:05 am

pedro is rated just fine imo.Must admit its amazing how he can absolutely suck in a match but he always scores.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:42 am

Used to rate him higher before Villa
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:56 am

No, imo its Busquets.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 am

the_gooner wrote:No, imo its Busquets.

Yea, people seem to think he's some complete chump who doesn't know what shape a ball is Very Happy
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:14 am

Pedro is rated fine, imo or atleast in my football circle. La liga is not just Barca and Real. You know there are many other teams in the league most of the players who people dont even know. I wont go on into the most underrated in Europe, but these are the most underrated in Spain.

Santi Cazorla
Xabi Prieto
Rondon
Filipe
Osvaldo ( now off to Roma)
Antoine Griezman (i am biased on this one)

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15 am

Mr.Hendrix wrote:Pedro is rated fine, imo or atleast in my football circle. La liga is not just Barca and Real. You know there are many other teams in the league most of the players who people dont even know. I wont go on into the most underrated in Europe, but these are the most underrated in Spain.

Santi Cazorla
Xabi Prieto
Rondon
Filipe
Osvaldo ( now off to Roma)
Antoine Griezman (i am biased on this one)

I started the Cazorla get's no credit campaign so I know where your coming from. I know La Liga well and Pedro IMO is better then a lot of these players you have named. I'm biased on Griezman as well and have stated many times that I'm stunned he's not at Arsenal, he seems like the perfect player for Wenger (young, French, technically gifted, mid/attacker).

The hidden gem in La Liga is Javi Martinez though, he is going to be truly world class when it's all said and done, I love his game and again I'm stunned no one has broken the bank to get him, also the last couple of rounds Canales has been wonderful. Madrid did a great bit of business with him as when they get him back he is going to be crazy good and ready to contribute right away.

The point of the thread is that at Barcelona I don't believe Pedro will ever get the credit he deserves. His numbers are better then the other wingers people think are better then him and he plays defense as well which many wingers don't (Robben, Di Maria, Nani etc), so I just don't know what the guy has to do. BTW, I'm not saying he's better then Robben.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 am

giuseppe rossi is pretty underrated
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:18 am

Ganso wrote:pedro is rated just fine imo.Must admit its amazing how he can absolutely suck in a match but he always scores.

I'm using this quote but there are a bunch that are the exact same saying "Pedro is rated just fine", but no one will say where they rate him??? People saying he's rated just fine, where do you rate him?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 am

Internal wrote:giuseppe rossi is pretty underrated

I don't really think so. I mean people were talking about him being sold for 30 mil this summer, I wouldn't call that underrated. Also, I wouldn't call him one of the best strikers in Europe either so I don't know how he's underrated.

Don't take my reasoning on Rossi seriously though as I hate that trading coward.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:24 am

dnmac4 wrote:I'm a Barcelona fan and I will fully admit that our system makes some players look better then they are and they benefit greatly from our midfield and style of play.

With that being said, every game I watch Pedro play for Spain or Barca I come away more and more impressed. IMO, he should be a starter for Spain no questions asked. Also, when people talk about the best wingers in the world he never gets a mention, why is that? His scoring numbers are really good, he plays great defense and works his ass off. Not to mention he almost always shows up in big games and his pace in insane. I mean on this forum and from conversations I have with other fans people mention players like Nani, Di Maria(maybe not so much anymore), Alexis Sanchez as just hands down better then him.

When Sanchez was healthy and playing for us I though Pedro was head and shoulders better and I know some of it had to do with Sanchez getting into our system but I even feel like Barcelona keeps looking to replace him as well, I just don't understand why?

Will Pedro have to move to get the respect he deserves? Does playing for Barcelona actually hurt his credibility as one of the best wingers in the world?

Mata and Silva are undisputedly better.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:26 am

dnmac4 wrote:

I don't really think so. I mean people were talking about him being sold for 30 mil this summer, I wouldn't call that underrated. Also, I wouldn't call him one of the best strikers in Europe either so I don't know how he's underrated.

Don't take my reasoning on Rossi seriously though as I hate that trading coward.

Dont blame him at all. Football is not taken seriously in America. FFS you call it "soccer"
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:41 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:I'm a Barcelona fan and I will fully admit that our system makes some players look better then they are and they benefit greatly from our midfield and style of play.

This is just flat out wrong. Mata is not undisputedly better and Iniesta takes Silva's place not Pedro. Comparing Silva and Pedro is just wrong I don't know a better or nicer way to say it. Silva is always going to have a hard time getting into that midfield when everyone is fit, and Pedro is a much better winger then Mata because that's not really what Mata is and Pedro is just better again I don't know how else to put it. If you don't believe me, trust Del Bosque who shares the same opinion or you can look at there numbers. I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say Mata is better then Pedro there is just no proof to win that argument on any level.

Spain need a fast goal scoring threat down the wing which is what Pedro gives them, they tried it with Navas but they found out he really was overrated, and now that winger/attacker position belongs to Pedro for the next 5-10 years.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 am

ragbirjosh wrote:

This is just flat out wrong. Mata is not undisputedly better and Iniesta takes Silva's place not Pedro. Comparing Silva and Pedro is just wrong I don't know a better or nicer way to say it. Silva is always going to have a hard time getting into that midfield when everyone is fit, and Pedro is a much better winger then Mata because that's not really what Mata is and Pedro is just better again I don't know how else to put it. If you don't believe me, trust Del Bosque who shares the same opinion or you can look at there numbers. I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say Mata is better then Pedro there is just no proof to win that argument on any level.

Spain need a fast goal scoring threat down the wing which is what Pedro gives them, they tried it with Navas but they found out he really was overrated, and now that winger/attacker position belongs to Pedro for the next 5-10 years.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Dont blame him at all. Football is not taken seriously in America. FFS you call it "soccer"

Yes certain people call it Soccer but that doesn't excuse someone to be a trader to there country. He lived here for the first 16 years of his life and has never really even lived in Italy or played in that league. If you're just OK with someone turning there back on the country that raised you and you grew up and had a very comfortable life in when that country NEEDS you the most then you really don't stand for anything. And to say he chose Italy because certain people here call it Soccer it just retarded. You have some loyalty issues.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:58 am

dnmac4 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

Just stop Man.

First of all, Silva can play on the right in front of Pedro anytime.Mata can play in front of Pedro on the left anytime.

I know that you would like to believe that Pedro is some god of a goalscorer but the truth is he's scored 2 goals for Spain both of them in Friendlies.

Silva has scored 15 and Mata has scored 5 ( in less matches).Pedro is the ideal winger For Barca , because they have Messi,Iniesta and Villa.When you take Messi out of the equation it becomes a whole new dynamic.

On your Navas point, you obviouly don't watch Spanish football.No he's not a goal threat but he is easily the best Natural Winger in Spain and is definitely on par with Sanchez/Krasic.He is underrated if anything.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 am

dnmac4 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Yes certain people call it Soccer but that doesn't excuse someone to be a trader to there country. He lived here for the first 16 years of his life and has never really even lived in Italy or played in that league. If you're just OK with someone turning there back on the country that raised you and you grew up and had a very comfortable life in when that country NEEDS you the most then you really don't stand for anything. And to say he chose Italy because certain people here call it Soccer it just retarded. You have some loyalty issues.

Dude Americans are so retarded.

He moved to Parma when he was 11 ffs and represented Italy at every youth level possible.

You don't see Italians saying " Kobe Bryant is a traitor , he lived here for 10 years and yet he still plays for America"

You guys have this Benidict Arnold syndrome where you think anyone who is even remotely connected to America and chooses another country is a taitor.Guissepe Rossi is not a traitor my friend , he simply did not want to play in a country where they strip the name of the most beautiful game on earth and give it to a bunch of mentally retarded steriod infused idiots run around with a ball in their hands.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:09 am

Pedro is one-dimensional, he can't do anything except make runs and finish.

Mediocre winger at best outside of Barca, not even top 30 in the world.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 am

I think we will never know where Pedro stands unless he goes out of Barca.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 am

every time i watched Barca and Pedro was playing he left a good impression on me, i thought that by now he would be an undisputed starter but surprisingly Barca kept buying outsiders and playing them ahead of him.

I personally rate him highly, but someone asks me to rank the top wingers in the world today i wouldnt even mention him, not because he's bad, but simply because i wouldnt remember his name since he doesnt play that much and doesnt get a chance to get into the headlines either
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next