Tried going outside. Graphics were s***

+4
Jonathan28
the xcx
StrikingMidfield
Bellabong
8 posters

Go down

Tried going outside. Graphics were s*** Empty Tried going outside. Graphics were s***

Post by Bellabong Sun 12 Aug 2012, 07:31

For the first time in 6 years an engine that's a better technical achievement than:

Dat Nuke :bow:

But still no ability to shoot trees hmm
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Tried going outside. Graphics were s*** Empty Re: Tried going outside. Graphics were s***

Post by StrikingMidfield Sun 12 Aug 2012, 23:49

Dat toad tech :bow:
On a more serious note, that was amazing. I've never played a Crysis game before, but this might just change that. Hell if the gameplays half decent the graphics will make up for it and more... :bow:
StrikingMidfield
StrikingMidfield
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Tried going outside. Graphics were s*** Empty Re: Tried going outside. Graphics were s***

Post by the xcx Sun 12 Aug 2012, 23:53

Looks nice but idc tbh. Il be pretty sure crysis 3 on ps3 will be another sub-HD trash.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon 13 Aug 2012, 00:58

StrikingMidfield wrote:Dat toad tech :bow:
On a more serious note, that was amazing. I've never played a Crysis game before, but this might just change that. Hell if the gameplays half decent the graphics will make up for it and more... :bow:

Crysis and Crysis: Warhead received critical acclaim not because of their graphics (in fact while the prettiness/immersability was acclaimed, the heaviness of the engine was criticized) but because of their gameplay and how they improved on Far Cry. (Main criticism for Crysis was the lack of pace in some areas, Warhead improved on that a lot).

Crysis 2 is a slight step down in freedom and immersability though - even a disappointment to some - but fits the brainless CoD demographic well.

Nameless wrote:Looks nice but idc tbh. Il be pretty sure crysis 3 on ps3 will be another sub-HD trash.

Can you be a bit more specific than "sub-HD" lol.

Crysis 3 on consoles wont look as pretty as the tech demo above - Crysis 2/Crysis on consoles is akin to playing Crysis (PC) at medium settings with textures set to low.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 01:06

Why didn't they just wait for the next gen consoles to make the game? The graphics on the PS4 anx XBOX720 are gonna be insane. But wait, Crysis is publised by EA isn't it? That explains why.

Oh well, if EA weren't greedy they could have done what Bethesda ard doing in developing Fallout 4 for the next gen consoles.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon 13 Aug 2012, 01:31

Jonathan28 wrote:Why didn't they just wait for the next gen consoles to make the game? The graphics on the PS4 anx XBOX720 are gonna be insane.

The early rumours suggest that the Orbis and the 720 will feature GPU's equivalent to current PC, or even last [PC] gens specs so the biggest improvements you're going to see in the next gen of consoles is textures.

What you see in the above tech demo are the kind of graphics you'll be seeing on next gen consoles. Not the current gen.

Don't believe me?

This shows how much Cryengine 3 is gimped on consoles:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 02:11

Yeah, Sony and Microsoft are basically gonna bridge the gap with the PC in the next gen. Keeping up with the PC will be much easier next gen because graphics can only become/look so good before you need to move on to something like virtual reality.

Already begun saving up for the 720 lol, i'm guessing it will be released early-mid 2014 with a few games like Fallout 4 since companies have already recieved the devkits for the PS4 and 720 I have heard. Might wait a few months post-release to buy it though, since this is Microsoft we are talking about here. They fixed the RROD but theres every chance there will be another problem.

ll I want is Elder Scrolls mods on the 720, that is all.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon 13 Aug 2012, 09:17

You seem to misunderstand the implications of the Orbis and "720" using old hardware.

What you see above would push current PC hardware (DX11 Crysis 2 does) so the rumours that next-gen consoles will be using current, even possibly previous gen based GPU's is not the greatest news.

All it really means is that the gap between a PC's potential and consoles capabilities is going to get even larger - and I thought a 6 year old engine on medium was a big enough gap already >.>

I doubt you'll get major mods for games on the 720 - simply patching a game on the 360 is extremely expensive, and the whole point of the closed systems like consoles and OSX is to prevent destabilizing elements that mods would introduce.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:54

F*ck that current gen PC , the best GPU out there costs twice more than the xbox ffs ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:16

My PC struggles to run Skyrim on low settings, but as long as it can run Rome:Total War i'm happy with it lol. PC gaming is very expensive, most people prefer to spend money one a console once since you dont have to upgrade. Saying that, PC graphics are amazing.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:02

pUsHa wrote:F*ck that current gen PC , the best GPU out there costs twice more than the xbox ffs ....

A PC that can run Crysis 2/Battlefield 3 at Very High settings wouldn't cost more than US$550 fyi.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:04

Thats because Crysis 2 and BF3 arent so demanding. GTA 4 with mods, Crysis, Witcher 2 is where its at atm.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:28

Nameless wrote:Thats because Crysis 2 and BF3 arent so demanding. GTA 4 with mods, Crysis, Witcher 2 is where its at atm.

You're wrong. BF3 uses the most modern gaming engine (DX11), it's actually one of the most demanding game alongside Metro 2033.

GTA 4 was a bad port of the console version, it utilize 4 cores whereas most of today games use only 2 cores.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon 13 Aug 2012, 18:50

I just don't get what the appeal of PC gaming is.

Anyways, the graphics on the 1st vid posted are insanely good. That toad looked photo realistic... Shocked
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon 13 Aug 2012, 21:59

RED wrote:I just don't get what the appeal of PC gaming is.

Anyways, the graphics on the 1st vid posted are insanely good. That toad looked photo realistic... Shocked

The only appeal for me are shooters and some strategy games i play with my friends !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue 14 Aug 2012, 00:49

Why would it be unappealing? A PC that gan run games at very high settings isn't as expensive as the public thinks. Mods make games like the TES/Fallout series, Total War series, Civilization series worth far more than the money you paid for them. Emulators render console "exclusive" not so exclusive.
Skyward Sword in 1080p anyone? Then there's the fact that you're not limited to a measly 30fps like you are on most console games. If you have a 120Hz screen and frequently play games at real 80-120 fps then there's a noticable difference when being forced to play at low fps's because of locks and 3D (Essentially halves your frame rate because you need to render twice the amount of frames). I admit, there's a tiny percentage (including me) that actually own a 120Hz monitor, but for the same reason I can't stand DVD/480p quality vs. 1080p/Digital/Bluray I can't stand 30fps.

Spoiler:

Nameless wrote:Thats because Crysis 2 and BF3 arent so demanding. GTA 4 with mods, Crysis, Witcher 2 is where its at atm.

These are "demanding" PC games:

• Crysis: DX11 features before DX11 including parallax & displacement mapping, but parallax wasn't included in the final because the engine was demanding enough already.
  • GTA4: Bad Port a.k.a. inefficient engine. Nearly every mod increases the texture memory required and adds to the amount of data the GPU has to process. If you want to use 2GB of textures on a 1GB VRAM card then that's your problem for exceeding your cards capabilities on a bad port. Same goes for modded Skyrim & Fallout.
  • Witcher 2: Bad Port, not even demanding...
  • Neverwinter Nights 2/Witcher 1: Inefficient engine (Aurora)
  • Crysis 2 and BF3 DX11 are demanding, wtf are you talking about? Maybe you've been playing Crysis 2 and BF3 DX9 which are lulzy performance-wise and barely of note graphically (like I said, the console version of Crysis 2 is like playing Crysis at medium with textures set to low but is much more optimized)
  • Starcraft II: Sheer amount of data.
  • Metro 2033: Bad Port.
  • Mirrors Edge: PhysX
  • Company of Heroes DX10: Really inefficient engine.
  • STALKER: Ambitious engine - I'd class it as factors between the engine being inefficient and the amount of data being processed.

CANDY:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue 14 Aug 2012, 14:36

They could have atleast change the HUD or whatever. It looks basicly crysis 2 2.0.
Might play it for multiplayer but even that sucks ass in there.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed 15 Aug 2012, 23:27

Nameless wrote:They could have atleast change the HUD or whatever. It looks basicly crysis 2 2.0.
Might play it for multiplayer but even that sucks ass in there.

Welcome to the console gaming business model and what it's doing to gaming in general :coffee:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 15:14

For me it's mainly strategy games like the Total War series. But some people just like games better on PC
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down