leemhuis
Juveman17
Forza
Tifoso Romanista
Onyx
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Group C: Italy vs Republic of Ireland discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Group C: Italy vs Republic of Ireland discussion

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Italy did what was needed. I was watching Croatia v Spain and this game only in small screen in the corner of my TV, but Italy did what winners do; took care of the essential business.

I had high hopes about Croatia in this group but hands down, gotta say two teams got through who deserved it the most.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Group C: Italy vs Republic of Ireland discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Group C: Italy vs Republic of Ireland discussion

Post by dronte Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Balo :bow:

Balzaretti was the most impressive player on the pitch for me btw.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 pm

abate :bow: !!! great job by him.... by everybody.... prandelli risked too much in this game... results matter most but had andrews not got sent off actually azzurri looked like so much in trouble in set pieces...

anyway france italy is going to be some game.... big worry because chellini is out... prandelli might just go back to 3-5-2 again lol.. who knows...

Last edited by JespSwe on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:53 pm

JespSwe wrote:abate :bow: !!! great job by him.... by everybody.... prandelli risked too much in this game... results matter most but had andrews not got sent off actually azzurri looked like so much in trouble in set pieces...
Yea Abate was pretty impressive too. Prandelli needs a lot of work on the squad though

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm

dronte wrote:
JespSwe wrote:abate :bow: !!! great job by him.... by everybody.... prandelli risked too much in this game... results matter most but had andrews not got sent off actually azzurri looked like so much in trouble in set pieces...
Yea Abate was pretty impressive too. Prandelli needs a lot of work on the squad though

i agree man i think everybody in the team did very well with what was asked by prandelli but prandelli himself risked way way too much and playing motta as TQ was really stupid because Thiago motta didnt create anything upfront, infact he tracked back to play in midfield position anyway..., irish could have got goals in counterattack or set pieces....

for me, the team didnt play too well and risked too much but got the result, 3-5-2 made team play more as a unit team chemistry is excellent but team didnt get result.

which means, should 3-5-2 be reverted back since chellini is a major doubt, finger crossed hope not, just guys like abate balzaretti should play instead of maggio and giaccherini .... marchisio and motta in the middle securing pirlo with balotelli and cassano... then actually italy might be incredibly strong that way...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Art Morte wrote:Italy did what was needed. I was watching Croatia v Spain and this game only in small screen in the corner of my TV, but Italy did what winners do; took care of the essential business.

I had high hopes about Croatia in this group but hands down, gotta say two teams got through who deserved it the most.

i didnt like how azzurri played tonight, but thankfully they got result

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm

The 2 players who impressed me the most...
Balzeretti & I must say Barzagli....
Barzagli was real solid at the back & gave Chiellini space to go forward & back up potential threats early!

Balzeretti though was very good!
He more than once gave great crosses & beat his man when going forward with me unable to think of any defensive error he has made!

also...Bonucci really filled in perfectly for Chiellini...to be fair, he's been solid this whole tournament!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Group C: Italy vs Republic of Ireland discussion - Page 3 Balotelli-bonucci-ireland49

He said something in English, so I’ve no idea what it was! Unfortunately, Mario is very instinctive and that is also his strength. Without that personality he wouldn’t have scored such a great goal.”

LMAO well done bonucci for shutting his mouth lol balotelli probably would have got yellow for that celebration too hehehe....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Cotes wrote:The 2 players who impressed me the most...
Balzeretti & I must say Barzagli....
Barzagli was real solid at the back & gave Chiellini space to go forward & back up potential threats early!

Balzeretti though was very good!
He more than once gave great crosses & beat his man when going forward with me unable to think of any defensive error he has made!

also...Bonucci really filled in perfectly for Chiellini...to be fair, he's been solid this whole tournament!

where is some love for abate and cassano???

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I hope that Chiellini isnt seriosly injured
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:14 pm

cheers De Rossi was good especially for covering Pirlo twice when he got a little sloppy and lost the ball
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 pm

JespSwe wrote:Group C: Italy vs Republic of Ireland discussion - Page 3 Balotelli-bonucci-ireland49

He said something in English, so I’ve no idea what it was! Unfortunately, Mario is very instinctive and that is also his strength. Without that personality he wouldn’t have scored such a great goal.”

LMAO well done bonucci for shutting his mouth lol balotelli probably would have got yellow for that celebration too hehehe....

I thought he was saying something to the coach, no?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 am

I think Balo was replying someone from the Croation bench..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:51 am

Ballotelli cheers Full of surprises...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am

JespSwe wrote:where is some love for abate and cassano???
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:36 am

leemhuis wrote:Italy to draw with Ireland. I know Italy from watching Serie A for decades and watching their national team almost as much as mine. Ireland will score first because they will attack with nothing to lose and Italy will be nervous and have a difficult time to score and will end up drawing and will be eliminated. We will be eliminated too so I will not have to watch the Euro anymore and I can get some work done.

BUMPING material. Crystal ball failed!
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:23 am

balotelli showing why he's needed.
cassano being cassano, fantastic.
sloppy play from pirlo this time around, but still positively influential.
marchisio continuing to disprove my ignorant prior thoughts about him, what a fantastic player he is.
barzagli bossing the back line.
bonucci gaining confidence in Italian fans.
Uncomfortable start for balzaretti and abate, abate looking scared to move forward and use his pace, and balzaretti being sloppy and poor crosses etc. but as the game progressed both improved.

but as a whole, I'd say Italy played poorly.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:15 pm

aleumdance wrote:I think Balo was replying someone from the Croation bench..

That's why he was shouting I guess. The Croatian bench was pretty far away. In another country I think.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 pm

leemhuis wrote:
aleumdance wrote:I think Balo was replying someone from the Croation bench..

That's why he was shouting I guess. The Croatian bench was pretty far away. In another country I think.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 pm

zarola wrote:balotelli showing why he's needed.
marchisio continuing to disprove my ignorant prior thoughts about him, what a fantastic player he is.
Uncomfortable start for balzaretti and abate, abate looking scared to move forward and use his pace, and balzaretti being sloppy and poor crosses etc. but as the game progressed both improved.

Pretty much spot on, what did you think about Diamanti's substitution?
Leaving Di Natale as a lone striker was mindless in my opinion, not a fan of this move but it was Diamanti who made the corner on Balotelli's goal.

I think the sloppy play can be attributed to the formation change, the amount of new players inserted in and the nerves as well

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:34 am

Luca wrote:
zarola wrote:balotelli showing why he's needed.

Pretty much spot on, what did you think about Diamanti's substitution?
Leaving Di Natale as a lone striker was mindless in my opinion, not a fan of this move but it was Diamanti who made the corner on Balotelli's goal.

I think the sloppy play can be attributed to the formation change, the amount of new players inserted in and the nerves as well

I was SOOO rattled to see Diamanti in. I thought he played like crap! I found it hilarious how he was lining up for free kicks and stuff. And I didn't understand the whole lone-striker thing issue... but then he popped in a nice corner....
so if I am to be honest, I'll be rattled to see him again, but not as rattled as I would be to see Giaccherini or Montolivo.

but I must add I am speaking from a biased standpoint. When I learned Diamanti made the cut , I flipped a chess board.
but I must also add I'm speaking biasedly.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:36 am

Seriously, all of my friends were "What the .." when Prandelli subbed Diamanti in, and he didn't convince me at all even though he had a part in the second goal. Also, seriously, did he really got that free kick instead of Pirlo?? Laughable.
It was almost as bad as Montolivo's sub vs Croatia.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3