+3
Amar
Twoism
Raptorgunner
7 posters

Go down

RVP last seasons performance Empty RVP last seasons performance

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 am

Do you think RVP can repeat last seasons performance?

Is it a big gamble to sign him up for a long term? How many of you think he will stay?

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

RVP last seasons performance Empty Re: RVP last seasons performance

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:31 am

Repeat last season performance is very difficult, might be borderline impossible.

But no it's not a gamble, he's needed in this team and I hope for the sake of the team, others will improve next season so the burden will not only lie on his shoulders ( scoring anyways). It's no coincidence his best year is also the worst of many of our attacking players. Come next season when everyone hitting the right scoring form ( Theo, Gervinho and Podolski), he doesn't need to score as much as last season.

For me, it's 50/50. Also, if he continues performing as badly as 1st match for Netherlands, we might have better chance keeping him.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:10 am

I wish he would stay but if he does not want to stay, Wenger should sell him right away. I think the reason he did not sign yet is either he wants Wenger to sign players or he has told Wenger to sell him.

Wont be a big loss for us we can replace him but the part would hurt our club is that every year we lose our best players and we wont have a role model for our players.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:16 am

Don't see him repeating last year's performance, cause like Twoism said, all of the buden won't be on his shoulders. We've got Podolski (and hopefully Giroud) coming in and with that you've got players who can create and/or score on their own.

But it would be catastrophic if we were to sell him tbh. We would def. be considered a selling club by many clubs and this would give them incentive to have a go at our good players every window.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I wish he would stay but if he does not want to stay, Wenger should sell him right away. I think the reason he did not sign yet is either he wants the Wenger to sign players or he has told Wenger to sell him.

Wont be a big loss for us we can replace him but the part would hurt our club is that every year we lose our best players and we wont have a role model for our players.

I agree no player is bigger than the club but losing him now is really not a good thing, it's all about timing. To say it won't be a big loss is a bit overconfident, just last year we lost our best player - also our captain and we all seen how it turned out, we still pulled through but got set back for sometimes. So the negativity:

1. Completely ruin our stability & continuity ( Go go Stan)
2. Bad for team morality.
3. Have to build new team with new focal point ( last year was Cesc, this year was RVP), we all have to build the team around our best player.
4. Lose our best player/captain two years in a row, if that does not show us as a huge loose vagina, don't know what else.

We don't know why he hasn't signed yet, it's all speculations at this point but it makes sense that he waits out after big tournament like Euro, lots of things might change. Maybe this will be 1st big test for Stan and the board, fly with Wenger to wherever RVP vacation is, sit down, has real talk with the man, set the record straight, close the deal. Abra did it, there is no reason Stan shouldn't try.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 am

Twoism wrote:
4. Lose our best player/captain two years in a row, if that does not show us as a huge loose vagina, don't know what else.

/EndOfArgument
Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 am

lol one thing people are forgetting is that he is also our best creator, aswell as scoring goals he also creates the majority of our chances with his passing, we just cant sell this guy.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:41 am

Great post by twoism.. I feel we are neither guaranteed to win something with RVP nor we will go down the table if he leaves..
But because of the reasons mentioned we cant keep losing our main players and the true leader.. It will definitely pull the team backwards atleast mentally and also it will have a bad effect on the club in attracting players...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 am

And i hope RVP has a horrible Euro and any interests from big clubs will die.. silent
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 am

Who exactly would you lose him to? The only candidate I see is PSG, and he might not be interested in playing at a non-elite league. City have too many strikers already, they still haven't offloaded Tevez and they have that Swedish guy at Feyenoor banging more goals than games, and Juve don't spend crazy enough for a transfer of this stature.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who exactly would you lose him to? The only candidate I see is PSG, and he might not be interested in playing at a non-elite league. City have too many strikers already, they still haven't offloaded Tevez and they have that Swedish guy at Feyenoor banging more goals than games, and Juve don't spend crazy enough for a transfer of this stature.

There is no such thing as too many strikers for City, beside they could be trying offload Dzeko & Tevez as we speak. Barcelona could also come into play if they ever compulsively shop again. Juventus is also possible if they're able to offload half of their forward roster ( which they should since they're average at best). Then there is PSG as you stated.

It's better if we seal the deal ourselves rather than rely on other club's inability to buy.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum