lszanto
juvealbanian
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Group A: Poland vs Greece discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Group A: Poland vs Greece discussion

Post by 23arshavin23 Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 21:42

Dante wrote:Well , after all the shit that happened in the first half , we could have gotten away with the 3 points in the end.. if only Karagounis had scored from the spot. He didn't , sadly for us .

The decisions of the ref cost us heavily. But no point crying over spilt milk now. Also , Samaras is an idiot , he missed every single chance he got and had too many mistakes.

Fortounis , and especialy the BEAST that is K.Papadopoulos must start every game . Santos needs to wake up , Poland had a terrible defense , we could have won today if he begun with Salpingidis/Fortounis ,instead of Samaras and with Tzorvas instead of Chalkias .

Lewandowski , was a threat until K.Papadopoulos came in ; he erased him from the pitch thereafter . His goal was well deserved ,though he can thank our goalie who's useless on his exits , everybody here expected a goal from that and it happened as expected .

In conclusion . I honestly believe despite the bad football Greece played and the stupid decisions the ref made against us (ffs), Greece should have won against Poland today ;

they couldn't settle the game , they failed to stop our almost pathetic attack from scoring after going down to 10 and their biggest asset Lewandowski dissapeared after Schalcke's beast got in.

We ll keep the positives though , after Greece was very unlucky , everyone felt butthurt not because we draw , because we should/could/both have won .

Did you even watch the game? the red card for Greece was heaven sent, had it not been for the red card, your whole right side would of been dismantled had it not been for the formation change. Totally different game tactically, so don't spew that bull that Greece should of won. Poland missed a few glorious chances, and clearly looked the far superior side before Greece changed formations. Watch the game next time, that 4 4 1 saved your ass. As for K,pop shutting down lewa, once again did you watch the game, no one shut him down, the wings were shut down, hence the ball could not be fed through as when Greece was with 11, the wingers on Greece actually played some defence being down to 10. Cant believe I had to log on to explain to someone, like telling a blind man, what the color red looks like.

23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Group A: Poland vs Greece discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Group A: Poland vs Greece discussion

Post by Dante Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 21:50

halamadrid2 wrote:that greece sending off was a typical spanish call, if he didnt want to get sent off there was no reason to hold him for support

Spanish call or not , he can go f*** himself , that was awful and very harsh , not to mention the penalty he didn't give , or about the cancelled goal , which is pretty debatable if that was legit.

Poor , poor reffering. I hope this is the last match we see these stuff for the rest of the Euro .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 21:50

Crazy enough opener. Both teams kinda threw it away. In the end a draw was probably the fair result.

With Russia 2-0 up at the moment, this group will be all about second place.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 21:52

Once again, that non penalty call was give or take, some refs give momentum hand balls and some don't, and vice versa. Was it a clear as day 100% penalty ? I wouldn't of called it.

Cancelled goal ? I don't even know what to say anymore... seriously you're real butt hurt
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 22:02

23arshavin23 wrote:
Dante wrote:Well , after all the shit that happened in the first half , we could have gotten away with the 3 points in the end.. if only Karagounis had scored from the spot. He didn't , sadly for us .

The decisions of the ref cost us heavily. But no point crying over spilt milk now. Also , Samaras is an idiot , he missed every single chance he got and had too many mistakes.

Fortounis , and especialy the BEAST that is K.Papadopoulos must start every game . Santos needs to wake up , Poland had a terrible defense , we could have won today if he begun with Salpingidis/Fortounis ,instead of Samaras and with Tzorvas instead of Chalkias .

Lewandowski , was a threat until K.Papadopoulos came in ; he erased him from the pitch thereafter . His goal was well deserved ,though he can thank our goalie who's useless on his exits , everybody here expected a goal from that and it happened as expected .

In conclusion . I honestly believe despite the bad football Greece played and the stupid decisions the ref made against us (ffs), Greece should have won against Poland today ;

they couldn't settle the game , they failed to stop our almost pathetic attack from scoring after going down to 10 and their biggest asset Lewandowski dissapeared after Schalcke's beast got in.

We ll keep the positives though , after Greece was very unlucky , everyone felt butthurt not because we draw , because we should/could/both have won .

Did you even watch the game? the red card for Greece was heaven sent, had it not been for the red card, your whole right side would of been dismantled had it not been for the formation change. Totally different game tactically, so don't spew that bull that Greece should of won. Poland missed a few glorious chances, and clearly looked the far superior side before Greece changed formations. Watch the game next time, that 4 4 1 saved your ass. As for K,pop shutting down lewa, once again did you watch the game, no one shut him down, the wings were shut down, hence the ball could not be fed through as when Greece was with 11, the wingers on Greece actually played some defence being down to 10. Cant believe I had to log on to explain to someone, like telling a blind man, what the color red looks like.

DId not read.... :facepalm: -ugh-

Red card was heaven sent ?? Do you listen to yourself? k.Papa didn't stop Lewy ? ok , all helped collectively , but he dealt with him the most ! We draw because of the formation ? yeah , better play with 1 player less , coach's may ask for it from now on lol

I too don't believe you actually logged on to say this stuff Laughing

We retained balance , because every single sub made by the coach , paid off. Papa , with some help helped deal with Lewy and there we decreased their chances to score , heavily.

Salpingidis managed to score , from half a chance ; whilst Fortounis with his excellent lob effort brought Salpi into tet a tet position , though it resulted in penalty..

You get the most important part of the game now, despite Poland being dangerous in the first 40 m. :

WE MISSED A PENALTY ON THE 70 MINUTE .

I repeat , we should have won ; despite the poor reffeering and the really bad first half in general , Poland couldn't even settle the game when we were practicaly off it. Nor could they stop us scoring twice , even if the 2nd was canceled by the ref.

P.S : once again , i don't believe you actually logged in to say these BS to me. If anything , i did watch the game . You are just butthurt because you wanted Poland to win because they were more aggresive and attacking minded , so , whatever helps you sleep at night.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 22:04

Dante wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:that greece sending off was a typical spanish call, if he didnt want to get sent off there was no reason to hold him for support

Spanish call or not , he can go f*** himself , that was awful and very harsh

in no way was it harsh or awful, the guy was the last defender and supported his arm on the polish guy stabilising himself because he was about to fall, the moment the polish guy fell and he didnt fake it or didnt make the most of it either thats when i knew he would get a red straight, but the referee kept it to second yellow which the defender was lucky to have gotten
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 22:08

23arshavin23 wrote:Once again, that non penalty call was give or take, some refs give momentum hand balls and some don't, and vice versa. Was it a clear as day 100% penalty ? I wouldn't of called it.

Cancelled goal ? I don't even know what to say anymore... seriously you're real butt hurt

lolololol , Give or take ? hands in the area aren't presents son Laughing

hand stopping the ball inside the penalty area for good ,
"wouldn't of called it . -vagi-

seriously , stop hating kid . The officiating was very poor .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 22:11

halamadrid2 wrote:
Dante wrote:

Spanish call or not , he can go f*** himself , that was awful and very harsh

in no way was it harsh or awful, the guy was the last defender and supported his arm on the polish guy stabilising himself because he was about to fall, the moment the polish guy fell and he didnt fake it or didnt make the most of it either thats when i knew he would get a red straight, but the referee kept it to second yellow which the defender was lucky to have gotten

Even if i concede , which i don't find it difficult , the first yellow on Papa was tragic , still. Anyway , i already talked about the ref way more than i wanted.

No point discussing ref decisions. He gave it , period. I am just glad we still were close to win afterall.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 23:18

23arshavin23 wrote:

i just cant see how 10 man greece with a midfielder playing in the centerback position is a "heaven sent" situation

i think that with the referee mistakes which favored poland and the missed penalty of ours it is safe to say we deserved the win

other than that they had some chances but we had too so i stick to my opinion Smile

The next fixtures will be vital

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 0:38

Spanish refs??

1st half was all Poland should have put chances away!

2nd was Greece they played with a heart and we didn't!!

Tyton :bow:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 1:06

Greece defender Avraam Papadopoulos could be sidelined for the next seven months after tearing a knee ligament in his country's Euro 2012 opener with Poland on Friday.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 1:14

Polish defenders should hnag their heads in shame

no help for Chessny in the game

and the ref
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 1:37

To be fair to the ref, other than the 2 absolutely shocking yellow cards for Greece, he had a great game. Unfortunately I can't call it that (a good game from him) because, well, that red card was a disgrace.

I thought it was a good opener. Was rooting for Poland who look to have a good squad, but mentally Greece was superior, and showed in the second half.

BTW, never a handling call on that fall. NEVER.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 2:17

CBarca wrote:To be fair to the ref, other than the 2 absolutely shocking yellow cards for Greece, he had a great game
That's like saying "well, apart from a raging case of herpes, i'm STD free"

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 3:15

white_star wrote:Spanish refs??

1st half was all Poland should have put chances away!

2nd was Greece they played with a heart and we didn't!!

Tyton :bow:

True , Poland should have finished the game in the 1st half ,but you didn't despite threatening to score often . That eventually gave us some hope to bounce back and we exploited the opportunity.

To be honest , i expected Poland's play more or less , but what surprised me was your defence . Apart from Piszczek who was reliable and serious , the rest will give you nighmares against Russia.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 6:44

Lex wrote:
CBarca wrote:To be fair to the ref, other than the 2 absolutely shocking yellow cards for Greece, he had a great game
That's like saying "well, apart from a raging case of herpes, i'm STD free"

Annnnd exactly why I said this

Unfortunately I can't call it that (a good game from him) because, well, that red card was a disgrace

But yes. I would agree.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 6:53

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a Polish player touch the ball with his arm in the penalty box (which the ref saw but didn't do anything about it)? It was in the first half. Should've been a penalty.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 7:15

blah blah blah touched it with his arm blah blah blah

Polish player tried stopping the cross with a slide tackle, does so, slips, and it BRUSHES his arm while he's trying to get up.

I mean, if that's a penalty, people are gonna start aiming for arms rather than for the goal ffs

Alexi Lalas is the absolute worst pundit/analyst or whatever you call him. I could do a better job. His saying "if it touches the arm it's a penalty no matter what" on live, national television is a disgrace. Because he's wrong. Seriously, wtf...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 7:20

Group A: Poland vs Greece discussion - Page 2 601344_430853803621508_577534363_n
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 10:00

aleumdance wrote:Polish defenders should hnag their heads in shame

no help for Chessny in the game

and the ref

LOL Sczczcz almost cost his team mates the game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 10:03

CBarca wrote:blah blah blah touched it with his arm blah blah blah

Polish player tried stopping the cross with a slide tackle, does so, slips, and it BRUSHES his arm while he's trying to get up.

I mean, if that's a penalty, people are gonna start aiming for arms rather than for the goal ffs

Alexi Lalas is the absolute worst pundit/analyst or whatever you call him. I could do a better job. His saying "if it touches the arm it's a penalty no matter what" on live, national television is a disgrace. Because he's wrong. Seriously, wtf...

On Al Jazeera every pundit including Wenger agreed it should have been a pen and were ripping the ref a new one for ruining the opening game with his bad calls.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 10:23

1. The guy stopped the ball, then rolled it away with his elbow Laughing If that's not a penalty, i don't know what is

2. Poland where playing THE shittest line of defence i've ever seen. When Greece of all people undo your back four and beat your offside trap with a ball over the top, that's when you know it's time to revise your team
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 10:57

Never a pen.

Unintentional contact there, that was clear.

Terrible decision for the 2nd yellow, clearly not even a foul. I forget what the first yellow was.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 11:20

Duel for the ball in the air Dani, but that was less of a yellow than the second booking.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 11:31

Yeah, now I remember. Terrible decisions.

But thats La Liga refs for you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 13:42

CBarca wrote:blah blah blah touched it with his arm blah blah blah

Cbarca , you seem to forget that our striker(yeah i know lol) Gekas was just straight in line to receive the ball , or at the very least , get involved in a possible chance . And the defender happened not only to touch the ball with his hand ; unintentionaly or not , he controled it this way also .

He prevented a possible involvement of an opponent with the ball inside the box, with his hand. I can't get why this is not a penalty .

Everything i've read , heard or seen about , conclude about how ridiculous and harsh his decisions were.
But anyway , i think we had enough of what Carballo did , let's move on to football.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next