Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

+33
dostoevsky
punkfusion1992
Doc
S32TABLANCA
the xcx
che
Pedram
Harmonica
Adit
Kev
windkick
Mamad
guest7
nasir6371
kiranr
Beautiful Football
BarrileteCosmico
Neutral
Lex
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Gil
Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
StrugaRock
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DRK
rwo power
Lord Hades
Zealous
LeVersacci
Le Samourai
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 4 Empty Re: Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

Post by Harmonica Thu 31 May 2012, 15:10

Le Samourai wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
kiranr wrote:If you guys don't give Valdes credit for the most clean sheets in the past 5 years, then i fail to see how Casillas deserves an credit for the most wins in the competition.

Only Madrid fans are capable of such powerful logic. I am surprised even Samourai is making such claims.
She's 16.

Never claimed Casillas was GOAT in my entire life..........

Unlike you , my ability to absorb football through google has strict limits....
I know. Very Happy

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 4 Empty Re: Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 31 May 2012, 15:17

This is not about Valdes' merits as a keeper, or Casillas superiority to him, but rather that when Valdes gets praised for breaking records most Madrid fans are quick to point out that he could only do that with the possession-based team he has in front of him. Yet when Casillas does exactly the same with very similar conditions suddenly it's time to praise him. It's a huge lack of consistency and most Madrid fans need to own up to it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu 31 May 2012, 15:19

No, its not, its about Iker's winning record over 10+ years (in which there were varying styles, not only tiki-taka). Not about Valdes, or hypocrisy, or anything else.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 31 May 2012, 15:26

Looks like VDB dosent give a jackshit about Valdez winning a 4th zamora trophy even tho he was shit in this season. 3rd gk for Spain after Reina Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu 31 May 2012, 15:31

Iker.... the greatest, the best, the one, the saint....

Here is one of my favorite compilation videos of him

PS: I dont want to argue against the hatred, just let it flow. When the dust settles and his career is over, Iker Casillas will remain a true legend and a class player. A player who led his Spain team through their greatest period ever.
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 31 May 2012, 15:36

Nameless wrote:Looks like VDB dosent give a jackshit about Valdez winning a 4th zamora trophy even tho he was shit in this season. 3rd gk for Spain after Reina Laughing
Who's the Valdez you keep talking? Exxon Valdez?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu 31 May 2012, 15:37

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This is not about Valdes' merits as a keeper, or Casillas superiority to him, but rather that when Valdes gets praised for breaking records most Madrid fans are quick to point out that he could only do that with the possession-based team he has in front of him. Yet when Casillas does exactly the same with very similar conditions suddenly it's time to praise him. It's a huge lack of consistency and most Madrid fans need to own up to it.

This is my first post in the thread and I think this is fair enough, however what I don't understand is why this thread is about this at all.

Mole is right in saying that this is a meaningless record, however it's a record nonetheless and one that Casillas should obviously be proud of. It is meaningless in that the absolute volume of victories doesn't truly reflect the varying significance of each of those victories and Casillas' role in them, however it's worthy of a thread and from there he's obviously going to get rather zealous praise from those who love him.

Mole summed it up best when he said that Casillas is great but not because of this. There was really no need for a Madrid vs Barca war to break out, but of course it happened anyway. Good on Iker and I wish him the worst of luck at the Euros :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 31 May 2012, 15:38

jiopsi wrote:
Nameless wrote:Looks like VDB dosent give a jackshit about Valdez winning a 4th zamora trophy even tho he was shit in this season. 3rd gk for Spain after Reina Laughing
Who's the Valdez you keep talking? Exxon Valdez?
Who? I meant Victoria Valdes.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 31 May 2012, 15:44

Yeah, Valdes does indeed deserve more praise as he is a great goalie so I agree with BC's post just above me. However, saying Casillas is not an integral part of Spain's success is like saying Valdes is not an integral part of Barcelona's success; both being wrong and silly opinions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 31 May 2012, 15:46

Im certain Barcelona would be better off with Valdez in the long run imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 31 May 2012, 15:48

Doc wrote:Yeah, Valdes does indeed deserve more praise as he is a great goalie so I agree with BC's post just above me. However, saying Casillas is not an integral part of Spain's success is like saying Valdes is not an integral part of Barcelona's success; both being wrong and silly opinions.
Agree. Thumbs up

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu 31 May 2012, 15:57

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This is not about Valdes' merits as a keeper, or Casillas superiority to him, but rather that when Valdes gets praised for breaking records most Madrid fans are quick to point out that he could only do that with the possession-based team he has in front of him. Yet when Casillas does exactly the same with very similar conditions suddenly it's time to praise him. It's a huge lack of consistency and most Madrid fans need to own up to it.

That is a fair argument. However someone who obviously doesn't watch Spain a lot had to comment that Iker is not important to Spain. Anyone who does watch can tell he is obviously an important player.
Valdes is under rated too, I will admit that, but just from an eye test he is not as important to Barca as Iker is too Spain imo.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 17:42

:notbad:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 04 Jun 2012, 18:15

GOAT
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Roarcelona Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:30

It must be awful for Spanish people/Madrid fans to have to be in denial and seek out all the small and insignificant contributions their players made (aka poster boy Cassilas) when the greatest prizes in their football history were delivered to them by a bunch of Catalans. I'm guessing many Spanish people still consider they haven't won a WC?
Roarcelona
Roarcelona
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:39

Huh?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:39

Gil wrote:Going along for the ride = a GOAT?

Xavi, Iniesta, Torres, Villa, hell even Senna were far more important to Spain's dominance.

Give Reina & Valdes the same amount of caps and they would have won 95.

Very Happy stupid comment , sorry i gotta say the truth
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:46

Roarcelona wrote:It must be awful for Spanish people/Madrid fans to have to be in denial and seek out all the small and insignificant contributions their players made (aka poster boy Cassilas) when the greatest prizes in their football history were delivered to them by a bunch of Catalans. I'm guessing many Spanish people still consider they haven't won a WC?

what do you mean? Villa is not catalan and neither is Iniesta Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:47

Nor is torres,Ramos,Casillas,Capdeville.,Xabi,Navas Laughing

Euro 2008 had just 1 catalan i think.In the starting 11.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roarcelona Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:52

^ that's nice. I know they're not. Divert your praise away from Cassilas to the more deserving players. With Reina, Valdes or De Gea playing they still would have won.

PS There were 3 Catalans in the Euro final.
Roarcelona
Roarcelona
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 04 Jun 2012, 21:53

yeah and Spain wouldve won with Albilol instead of puyol as well.

copyright of Logic from you Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon 04 Jun 2012, 23:56

Roarcelona wrote:^ that's nice. I know they're not. Divert your praise away from Cassilas to the more deserving players. With Reina, Valdes or De Gea playing they still would have won.

PS There were 3 Catalans in the Euro final.

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue 05 Jun 2012, 01:57

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Roarcelona wrote:It must be awful for Spanish people/Madrid fans to have to be in denial and seek out all the small and insignificant contributions their players made (aka poster boy Cassilas) when the greatest prizes in their football history were delivered to them by a bunch of Catalans. I'm guessing many Spanish people still consider they haven't won a WC?

what do you mean? Villa is not catalan and neither is Iniesta Laughing

well if we out to get picky, Villa is Asturian Razz
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4