Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

+33
dostoevsky
punkfusion1992
Doc
S32TABLANCA
the xcx
che
Pedram
Harmonica
Adit
Kev
windkick
Mamad
guest7
nasir6371
kiranr
Beautiful Football
BarrileteCosmico
Neutral
Lex
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Gil
Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
StrugaRock
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DRK
rwo power
Lord Hades
Zealous
LeVersacci
Le Samourai
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 3 Empty Re: Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 am

Kev wrote:Yep, Valdes has always been there for Barca when they needed him. He's been their saviour time and time again when shit hits the fan. Iker on the other hand just sits idly for 90 minutes while Spain tiki taka's their way to victory. The fact that Spain won all of their games in the World Cup and Euros 5-3 proves this. Casillas was an unneeded innocent bystander in all of those games. The occasional saves he made during the tournaments were highly routine. He also made many blunders in the most crucial stages in the tournament. That missed save against Robben, that absolute howler against Portugal, that abysmal attempt to clear a headed shot against Germany and that appalling misjudgment for that corner against the Netherlands.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

It is fans like these that irks me. You don't need to discredit Valdes to give credit to Casillas.

Yes, Valdes is one of the key reasons why Barcelona have many trophies. You cannot have it both ways. Either both Valdes and Casillas are passengers for Barcelona and Spain or both are awesome (Iker being better).

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 3 Empty Re: Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

Post by Mamad Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 am

Yes, Valdes is one of the key reasons why Barcelona have many trophies.

lol no.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 am

Mamad wrote:
Yes, Valdes is one of the key reasons why Barcelona have many trophies.

lol no.

lol yes.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Real Madrid fans when Valdes gets 5th Zamorra: It's not his fault, it's possession football's

Real Madrid fans when Casillas gets a record with many of the same key players and possession football: GOAT :bow:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 am

some one please get Casillas stats from 2001-2007.Save per shots,clean
shit and total games spain won.And then 2008-2012.After that we might
get clear view..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am

SMH at the hatred. :facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 am

jiopsi wrote:
kiranr wrote:If you guys don't give Valdes credit for the most clean sheets in the past 5 years, then i fail to see how Casillas deserves an credit for the most wins in the competition.

Only Madrid fans are capable of such powerful logic. I am surprised even Samourai is making such claims.
She's 16.

And you probably have mental issues so I don't see your point.

Anyway BC's post is funny but if we're going to pretend it's accurate then this thread can never be take seriously.

Valdes has one of the lowest save percentages to shots this year but still won Zamora, That should be enough to prove our point that there are better keepers than him.

Iker in a cup tournament had to make big saves and he did just that. It's not the same at all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 9:34 am

Zealous wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
kiranr wrote:If you guys don't give Valdes credit for the most clean sheets in the past 5 years, then i fail to see how Casillas deserves an credit for the most wins in the competition.

Only Madrid fans are capable of such powerful logic. I am surprised even Samourai is making such claims.
She's 16.

And you probably have mental issues so I don't see your point.

Anyway BC's post is funny but if we're going to pretend it's accurate then this thread can never be take seriously.

Valdes has one of the lowest save percentages to shots this year but still won Zamora, That should be enough to prove our point that there are better keepers than him.

Iker in a cup tournament had to make big saves and he did just that. It's not the same at all.

Yet, Barcelona did not win anything this year even with the Zamora. Coincidence? I don't think so. It just shows how important Valdes is to Barcelona and that he is a top keeper who went through a bad patch of form. Valdes has made several big saves in the league and the tournament in the past seasons, which is one of the reasons we have won trophies.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 31, 2012 10:00 am

I thought Barca didn't win anything because of their bad finishing? lol

Valdes is good but not elite just accept it and move on.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 10:18 am

Zealous wrote:I thought Barca didn't win anything because of their bad finishing? lol

Valdes is good but not elite just accept it and move on.

I said one of the reasons. Not elite, yet the goalkeeper for one of the best teams in history. hmm

Anyway, he may not be worldclass, but he is a very good keeper and exactly what Barcelona needs.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu May 31, 2012 10:23 am

relevance-wise this record is right up there with albiol being a champion of world and europe Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu May 31, 2012 10:23 am

haters gonna hate

GOAT :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 am

Didnt know Iker had so many jealous haters Laughing

Casillas was absolutely insutrumental to both Spain's cup wins in the Euros and World Cup. Without him, they would have won neither of them. He will go on to retire as one of the Top 3 goalkeepers of all time.

GOAT Iker :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 am

i dont understand why so many hate iker .i mean hating/disliking pepe, ramos , marcelo, to an extent ronaldo,di maria is understandable but iker is actually very classy ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

No one hates Iker lol.

They just think, he is not that good like how Madrid fans want to portray it. .
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 31, 2012 11:07 am

People don't hate Casillas for his personality, they hate him because he's the best in the world. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 am

umm he is not that good? i think he is every bit as good and his achievements both individual and team wise, plus the way he saved our asses so many times when playing with shite defenders speaks volumes about his ability.. i think people are just insecure , nothing more.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 31, 2012 11:31 am

Maybe more than hate, it is jealousy. Probably because our club isnt exactly the most universally liked one in the world either Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Pedram wrote:SMH at the hatred. :facepalm:

No hatred just the hypocrites are lulz..... Casillas does nothing for the majority of these games yet he's a legend ( he is a legend but no for this)

Valdes saves Barca on many occasions in both La Liga and CL triumphs yet he's just going a long for the ride....

Casillas is a fantastic GK and will go down as one of the greats but this record doesnt make him a GOAT if it does then Valdes is a GOAT for his zamora awards as what you are argueing makes Casillas GOAT is exactly the same you argue that makes Valdes crap and just going along for the ride.

Also the whole Madrid player is GOAT and if you dont agree your a hater vibe is lulz too.....

I actually like Casillas both as a player and a person but some of the things that are on show during these thread is too lulz for me to ignore....

Congratulations to Casillas on his record as iam sure he deserves it but lets not act like this award makes him a GOAT just like Valdes winning so many Zamora's in a row doesnt make him a GOAT.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 pm

People brining Valdez into the discussion, talk about bias Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Nameless wrote:People brining Valdez into the discussion, talk about bias Laughing
Exxon Valdez?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Nameless wrote:People brining Valdez into the discussion, talk about bias Laughing

Not really bringing Valdes into this discussion, but highlighting the Madrid hypocrisy. It is on full display in this thread by the way.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 1:41 pm

jiopsi wrote:

She's 16.

Never claimed Casillas was GOAT in my entire life..........

Unlike you , my ability to absorb football through google has strict limits....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu May 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Why is an irrelevant goal keeper who isn't even second choice for Spain even brought up in this thread? Laughing

Casillias shits all over Valdes. Simple.

Haters can continue hating.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 31, 2012 2:02 pm

This stat isn't all that relevant in the grand scheme of things but say what. Spain's recent success has more to do with being a collective effort, both on and off the pitch than one part being better than the other part.

Also, when the f*** did one v one and penalty saves become routine?!

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

She's 16.

Never claimed Casillas was GOAT in my entire life..........

Unlike you , my ability to absorb football through google has strict limits....
I know. Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next