Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

+33
dostoevsky
punkfusion1992
Doc
S32TABLANCA
the xcx
che
Pedram
Harmonica
Adit
Kev
windkick
Mamad
guest7
nasir6371
kiranr
Beautiful Football
BarrileteCosmico
Neutral
Lex
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Gil
Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
StrugaRock
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DRK
rwo power
Lord Hades
Zealous
LeVersacci
Le Samourai
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 2 Empty Re: Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

Post by Ganso Thu May 31, 2012 12:52 am

1 on 1 save on wc final.saving penalty vs paraguay when spain played like crap

meh,any GK would have done that

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 2 Empty Re: Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football.

Post by Neutral Thu May 31, 2012 12:53 am

i'd give the outfield players more credit for spain's success. no way cassilas was the main reason lol. but good for cassilas. impressive record for someone who's still pretty young for a gk.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 31, 2012 1:00 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Gil wrote:Going along for the ride = a GOAT?

Xavi, Iniesta, Torres, Villa, hell even Senna were far more important to Spain's dominance.

Give Reina & Valdes the same amount of caps and they would have won 95.

+1

Spoiler:
penalty save vs paraguay,2 1 vs 1 saves on WC final + other great saves.how is he not a massive reason behind spain's success?

Most of those saves any random gk could have made..... Spain's success was down to the midfield and Villa & Torres.... not a GK who could have sat down and had a picnic with the amount of time he was standing around with nothing to do.

Hell he could have built a house made out of dirt tbh....

Zeal stay mad brah, because iam not apart of the wankfest dont mean i should bow down and join in Laughing

Also this record means f*ck all really as Torres record of wins will be somewhat similar doesnt make him a GOAT tho as it does with some of the other Spain players.

I'm not mad, you're being hard headed though. Any keeper smh the whole point is that no other keeper did now did they? Spain wouldn't have won the Euros or the WC without Iker, Xavi even said as much.

And your Torres analogy is so poor, actually look at Iker's performances, he's always been there for Spain when they've needed him to step up. If you can't see that then that's your agenda.

You're always ready to jump into other wankfests btw so let's not pretend you're the beacon of objectivity (for the record I'm not saying that I am).

Iker is one of the greatest GK's of all time, whether you agree with it or not.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 am

The Zealous/Mole bromance is in danger of crumbling Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 am

When you admit Iker's importance pales into comparison to the midfield and the front 2 i'll admit that not any old GK could have done what he did Laughing

Also the wankfests i jumped into are usually wankfests that havent been done to death over and over again....

If you notice i dont even get involved in Messi and Ronaldo discussions anymore as i could'nt care less same here as its been done to death it bores me...

So i feel the need it to mock the whole idea of it.

I would just go to bed but iam watching Brazil v USA Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 31, 2012 2:25 am

People still going on about THAT SAME F'IN "SAVE" in the final.

If Robben bottling a chance and shooting straight at Iker is the reason Spain won the World Cup then my argument that Iniesta's goal wouldn't have been possible without that Torres cross can no longer be considered asinine.

Only thing I'll give Casillas credit for in the last 5/6 years are his saves in that penalty shootout against Italy in the Euros & Sara Carbonero. bounce
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu May 31, 2012 3:11 am

Gil wrote:People still going on about THAT SAME F'IN "SAVE" in the final.

If Robben bottling a chance and shooting straight at Iker is the reason Spain won the World Cup then my argument that Iniesta's goal wouldn't have been possible without that Torres cross can no longer be considered asinine.

Only thing I'll give Casillas credit for in the last 5/6 years are his saves in that penalty shootout against Italy in the Euros & Sara Carbonero. bounce

lol if i use that logic , then cech didnt deserve to win the goalie of the tournament either , after all most of barca and bayern's misses were due to poor finishing , not great keeping righT?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 am

With that Barca midfield it's no surprise Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 2 Trolldolski
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 3:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:With that Barca midfield it's no surprise Casillas the winningest footballer in the history of International football. - Page 2 Trolldolski

Hints: Valdes eco smile

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 31, 2012 3:22 am

Real Madrid fans when Valdes gets 5th Zamorra: It's not his fault, it's possession football's

Real Madrid fans when Casillas gets a record with many of the same key players and possession football: GOAT :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 am

Season long statistical award = cup competition.

Should reiterate...

Pablo Ibanez and Mario Pernia were automatic starters for years.......

I could make the same argument for every other player, anyone could score the goal Iniesta scored any one could make that Fabregas pass etc etc.

Playing style had alot to do with our wins and players like Senna and Xavi , Puyol and Ramos made immense contributions but denying that Casillas was a key part is stupid.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu May 31, 2012 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 3:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Real Madrid fans when Valdes gets 5th Zamorra: It's not his fault, it's possession football's

Real Madrid fans when Casillas gets a record with many of the same key players and possession football: GOAT :bow:

eco smile

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 31, 2012 3:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Real Madrid fans when Valdes gets 5th Zamorra: It's not his fault, it's possession football's

GOAT post.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 am

If you guys don't give Valdes credit for the most clean sheets in the past 5 years, then i fail to see how Casillas deserves an credit for the most wins in the competition.

Only Madrid fans are capable of such powerful logic. I am surprised even Samourai is making such claims.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 3:38 am

kiranr wrote:If you guys don't give Valdes credit for the most clean sheets in the past 5 years, then i fail to see how Casillas deserves an credit for the most wins in the competition.

Only Madrid fans are capable of such powerful logic. I am surprised even Samourai is making such claims.

Just unbelievable! they completely did 360 degree turn when it comes to Casillas.Talk about double standard. Mad

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 3:42 am

kiranr wrote:If you guys don't give Valdes credit for the most clean sheets in the past 5 years, then i fail to see how Casillas deserves an credit for the most wins in the competition.

Iker has come through for us when we need him, always, since he was 21 years old (for the international team).

The overall record means nothing to me to be honest, I think the overall quality of the team largely influenced it....however I do think other keepers like Buffon or Barthez had similar quality teams and better defenses(Better quality accross the entire career, from 02-07 or so our team really wasn't that good) in front of them so meh.

I've always been pretty clear...I hate statistical awards or records.

There's a reason I always bring up World Cup 02 when I talk about Iker....he was clearly our best player at the tournament, he really put us on his shoulders, I have bitter memories of being cheated out of that tournament, because it couldve been a very very big moment ( It was but it couldve been Greatest of All time without any exaggeration at all)for him. Although I guess he doesn't mind right about now Very Happy

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu May 31, 2012 4:03 am

Das Logic :bow: :bow:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 4:07 am

Le Samourai wrote:

Iker has come through for us when we need him, always, since he was 21 years old (for the international team).

The overall record means nothing to me to be honest, I think the overall quality of the team largely influenced it....however I do think other keepers like Buffon or Barthez had similar quality teams and better defenses(Better quality accross the entire career, from 02-07 or so our team really wasn't that good) in front of them so meh.

I've always been pretty clear...I hate statistical awards or records.

There's a reason I always bring up World Cup 02 when I talk about Iker....he was clearly our best player at the tournament, he really put us on his shoulders, I have bitter memories of being cheated out of that tournament, because it couldve been a very very big moment ( It was but it couldve been Greatest of All time without any exaggeration at all)for him. Although I guess he doesn't mind right about now Very Happy

I can agree with this. However i feel the Spain team from 08-11 was better than those Italian and French teams in my opinion. But not denying Casillas is GOAT, but these kind of records are possible only when you have GOAT teams.

I just get irked when i see Valdes not getting the credit he deserves for being a key player in the Barca team.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu May 31, 2012 7:20 am

Considiring Spain woulndnt even made it to the final with out Iker's penelty stop vs Paraguay I fail to see how he wasn't instrumental to their WC win.

Where was Xavi, Iniesta, Torres and Senna vs Paraguay?

And that argument by Mole was beyond stupidity "Robben shoot straight at him", the fact that Robben couldn't score one against him was enough since it was instrumental for their win and the "golden generation" of Barca players AKA Puyol and Pique were raped by sheer pace of Robbens so he even got these 2 chanches ffs....

Moot arguments, Iker has been GOAT to Spain's successs, the fact that none has ever scored against him in a final is amazing itself
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu May 31, 2012 7:31 am

In Euro's Iker was the best keeper and the reason they beat Italy in penalties.

In world cup if it wasn't for Iker's save they could be eliminated against paraguey. again in final of world cup he saved a 1 on 1 when the game was 0-0.

some people need to think twice really. i know you hate Madrid and probably don't like Iker but come on don't be blind.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 31, 2012 7:43 am

Gil wrote:Going along for the ride = a GOAT?

Xavi, Iniesta, Torres, Villa, hell even Senna were far more important to Spain's dominance.

Give Reina & Valdes the same amount of caps and they would have won 95.

+1

Spoiler:

+9000
Spoiler:

Last edited by windkick on Thu May 31, 2012 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am

Yep, Valdes has always been there for Barca when they needed him. He's been their saviour time and time again when shit hits the fan. Iker on the other hand just sits idly for 90 minutes while Spain tiki taka's their way to victory. The fact that Spain won all of their games in the World Cup and Euros 5-3 proves this. Casillas was an unneeded innocent bystander in all of those games. The occasional saves he made during the tournaments were highly routine. He also made many blunders in the most crucial stages in the tournament. That missed save against Robben, that absolute howler against Portugal, that abysmal attempt to clear a headed shot against Germany and that appalling misjudgment for that corner against the Netherlands.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 31, 2012 7:51 am

hahaha, go along for a ride?

How about being best GK in both the tournament if he was going along ride?

Whats next ? Spain wouldve won with Pique,Busquets etc replaced by Albiol, Bruno ? Laughing

Chelsea wouldve won CL with Curtois in goal Laughing..The If logic is laughable and shows a single digit IQ.

Besides that those Idiots need to recognize that Casillas started his NT career in 2001. Where was those supposed to be Goat team around him at that time?

Spain was bunch of individuals and far from being a decent team from 2001-2008.Casillas has been integral to Spains triumphs both as a Captain and a GK.

The storari wouldve won WC instead of Buffon logic is laughable.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 31, 2012 8:12 am

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 am

She's 16.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 am

Kev wrote:Yep, Valdes has always been there for Barca when they needed him. He's been their saviour time and time again when shit hits the fan. Iker on the other hand just sits idly for 90 minutes while Spain tiki taka's their way to victory. The fact that Spain won all of their games in the World Cup and Euros 5-3 proves this. Casillas was an unneeded innocent bystander in all of those games. The occasional saves he made during the tournaments were highly routine. He also made many blunders in the most crucial stages in the tournament. That missed save against Robben, that absolute howler against Portugal, that abysmal attempt to clear a headed shot against Germany and that appalling misjudgment for that corner against the Netherlands.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

It is fans like these that irks me. You don't need to discredit Valdes to give credit to Casillas.

Yes, Valdes is one of the key reasons why Barcelona have many trophies. You cannot have it both ways. Either both Valdes and Casillas are passengers for Barcelona and Spain or both are awesome (Iker being better).
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next