Fullbacks

5 posters

Go down

Fullbacks Empty Fullbacks

Post by ErPupone Thu May 24, 2012 2:14 am

http://www.vocegiallorossa.it/?action=read&idnotizia=35299

Eight Fullback combinations were used this season with seven different players.

The Combinations - As stated, 8 different pairs were used by Luis Enrique this season. The one most used was the pairing of Rosi-Taddei (11 times), followed by Rosi-José Angel and Taddei-José Angel used 10 times each from the start; The pairs Cassetti- José Angel and Perrotta-José Angel were used two times each, while the pairing of Cicinho-Taddei and Perrotta-Taddei were seen only one time each.

MARQUINHO - In the second to last match of the season, Luis Enrique tried a new solution: Taddei on the right and Marquinho on the left. The brasilian arrived from Fluminense in January and played well as a left back. He could prove to be an interesting tactical solution in the future in the case of an emergency, in the event that Roma decides to buy him permanently.

Appearances - The fullback used the most by Luis Enrique was José Angel with 2228 minutes played. Second comes Taddei with 1960 minutes, followed by Rosi at 1746. Cassetti played 270 minutes as a fullback, while Perrotta played 235. The least used full back was Cicinho, with 89 minutes played, less than one full match.

Performance - The pairing that obtained the best results were Rosi-Taddei, with 6 wins, 2 losses and 3 draws. Second best was the pairing of Taddei-José Angel with 5 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws. Much worse was the combination of Rosi-Angel, with 6 losses out of 10. This means that the overall fullback performance was better whenever Taddei was on the pitch, a fact that makes you reflect when you think that Roma's number 11 was adapted to this new role for the first time this season to good effect both on the right and left flanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to the facts, Taddei is fullback of the season :bow:
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Fullbacks Empty Re: Fullbacks

Post by McLewis Thu May 24, 2012 2:31 am

Taddei had his ups and downs this season as a full-back and overall, I'm quite satisfied with his contribution. He's proven a tireless runner and more than capable of linking up with the players on that flank. It was tactically astute of LE to convert him honestly. He's going to have improve his defensive understanding of the position though. The better wingers in the league roasted him on quite a few occasions.

As for Marquinho, I definitely think we should get him permanently and use him as a utility full-back in the same way we've seen with Taddei. I personally would prefer to see him play in midfield where he can make more of an impact going forward as we've seen. He could prove to be one of the best signings of next season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu May 24, 2012 3:02 am

I'd definitely keep a hold of Marquinho and use him as a sub LB, therefore getting rid of Jose Angel if we're offered the 4.5 million we paid for him. Jose Angel seemed really promising at the start of the season, but his defensive play has really let him down. He dribbles well enough, but it often comes to nothing as he misses his crosses whenever he attempts them or tries to cut onto his right foot to no use. Marquinho, on the other hand, shows that he's able to deliver a good ball into the box and, quite simply, is just better overall.

Back to the article, of course we have to go back to see which pairing played against which teams, it makes a difference. But in the end, I agree with the overall assessment. Taddei was the most reliable of all the fullbacks, his tireless running was his standout attribute, aside from his evident experience compared to the likes of Angel. Rosi had his ups and downs, he started off really well, but was very much slowed down by his injury. He never seemed to get back onto his game after that as we would have hoped.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 am

Taddei is getting old and in a traditional back four WAY too offensive.
Rosi has been injured a lot, so I dont have a clear view on him - good for bench - young and italian.
Jose Angel did relativly well for his first season. Needs to work on his crosses and man-marking. Otherwise I like this kid.

I wished Cassetti had played at times, when we needed stability there.
Marquinho is a good allround player, and quite young to. 25 isnt that much, in italy atleast.

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 24, 2012 4:11 am

GodRigo Taddei :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 am

about Angel i used to think we should sell him but now that i'm looking at his possible replacements including Balzaretti , i have to say he worth another shot , Cicinho and Cassetti hopefully on their way out even though both of them have had good days with a club and put all their efforts to help the team out , Rosi is an alright player and i hope the next manager use taddei as a right back again because having Bojan , Lamela , Borini can put Taddei on bench on the attacking third , there is no doubt about his devotion but even him looked incredibly Tired at some games i really hope we get a full back preferably one that can play right and left keep marquinho and Gago get at least 2 centre back , keep juan and Kjaer for one more year and a Attacking mid/Striker ,someone like Jovetic or Giovinco so play making wouldn't only on Pjanic even though he is awesome
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 am

We should definitely keep Taddei as a utility player.* Never thought I would hear myself say that * Razz

Also I hope to see Nego given a chance next season,Crescenzi as well.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down