Players I would sign this summer

+2
juve_gigi
LWL91
6 posters

Go down

Players I would sign this summer Empty Players I would sign this summer

Post by LWL91 Thu May 10, 2012 7:07 pm

According to our new profound transfer guru, Beppe Marotta, we'll only add quality players to our squad this summer. Before making any names i'd like to state that I believe we should revive the 4-3-3 formation of the successfull fall-term. Obviously we could continue using Chiellini as our left back with BonBon and Barzagli in the centre but to me Chiellini remains a centre back, not a left back.
Putting Chiello back in the centre would also solve the CB problem for what some people claim we're having right now, lacking depth. With a Chiellini-Barzagli duo in the middle we could use BonBon in rotation and even Caceres for backup whenever needed. That should be sufficient depth, even if we decide to bring back Sørensen from a less then succesfull loan spell at Bologna.

To move Chiellini back to CB we would need a new left back and who is more obvious then our former man Domenico Criscito - currently taking Zenit by storm. He is 25 years old, Juventini, and more then perfect for Conte's system. Earlier this season Zenit expressed their interrest in Simone Pepe, a good player I respect a lot and could find a place for in the coming season, but, if needed to lure Criscito, I would trade him away to lower the price (Criscito went to Zenit for 15 million € last summer).

Domenico Criscito. 25 years old. Zenit. 20 appearances in 2011/2012. Simone Pepe + cash.

Second player would be the highly sought after centre forward. The new Trezeguet so to speak. The player Juve has been lacking for a long, long time. Of course this position offers many interesting candidates and when it comes to deciding which of the many goal-netters to go for I have to say that the most important criteria must be the age. Yes I would take Van Persie any day, he is complete as Marotta said it but; he is 28 years old. Knowing nothing of the availability of any of the targets we've had and been linked to I must state that my favorite has become Leandro Damiao. Having 34 goals and 9 assists in 50 games the 2011/12 season I must declare him a top class striker, to become world class only once he signs for a top club. Earlier this month he stated an absolute interrest in joining Juventus, meaning we could sign a super hot prospect with the importance of a Juve-heart included.

Leandro Damiao. 22 years old. Internacional. 50 appearances in 2011/2012. 25-30 million €.

Currently we own 50% of him. Sebastian Giovinco is still young and this has been his best season by far in his career. An impressive 16 goals and 10 assists in 36 games makes him sought after by many top clubs and why should we not make use of our position, being completely able to get him by offering more then we know Parma can afford. Last years' sale was a mistake, but thanking Parma for making a monster out of the Atomic Ant we have to look at the future and forget about the unfortunate past. Giovinco is a star and it's about time we realize just how golden an opportunity we have to get a player of his calibre on the "cheap". He is the perfect secunda punta and put him on the opposite side of Mirko Vucinic with Damiao in the middle and you have a world-class attack.

Sebastian Giovinco. 25 years old. Juventus/Parma. 36 appearances in 2011/2012. 21,9 million €.

Udinese midfielder Kwando Asamoah, 23, could be the perfect midfielder to rotate with either Marchisio or Vidal. Having played a succesful season with Udinese, arming him with Champions League football he could prove a very decent signing for us. Not exactly a threat to Marchisio or Vidal whom I neither can nor will replace but for rotation he seems the perfect addition. His price tag is difficult but 15 million € should hopefully do it.

Apart from first team players I'd also sign Marco Verratti and Poul Pogba. Two youngsters with incredible potential.

Not the most revolutionizing article but I was bored and whatever. These are my thoughts for you to steal cheers
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Players I would sign this summer Empty Re: Players I would sign this summer

Post by juve_gigi Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Good summary, +1...

Yes to Criscito, Kolarov would be great too.

Yes to Giovinco. 16 goals in Serie A and he has proven he is a big talent. I hope he is in top form at Euro 2012.

No to Damiao. We need a world class striker like Cavani. At this point Damiao hasn't proven anything in Europe. He COULD be great, but we just don't know. He cannot be our number one target.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu May 10, 2012 9:54 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Good summary, +1...

Yes to Criscito, Kolarov would be great too.

Yes to Giovinco. 16 goals in Serie A and he has proven he is a big talent. I hope he is in top form at Euro 2012.

No to Damiao. We need a world class striker like Cavani. At this point Damiao hasn't proven anything in Europe. He COULD be great, but we just don't know. He cannot be our number one target.

Very well pointed.Juventus must buy a world class striker this summer.Giovinco is very talented but i'm not sure that the team needs a player on his position.

I think Criscito would fit better at Juventus than Kolarov.

Anyway, good summary.

Last edited by vlafy on Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri May 11, 2012 3:31 am

If we switch back to a 433, i think Criscito is an excellent idea as leftback. I honestly dont like Damaio though. Its too risky in my opinion. We need a guaranteed goalscorer, not a hit or miss player who shines in the Brazilian league. Giroud, Cavani, or Dzeko are all better options in my opinion and still possible. Then we need a good creative player thay can play on the right of the 433. Giovinco, Jovetic, or Rossi i would all welcome, but Id much rather have Lavezzi. Suarez would be awesome too. And if we do get Gio, he doesnt deserve the 10. The problem i have with him is he seems just to be coming back to get that #10 shirt. And thats why i dont think he should get it.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Players I would sign this summer AbCCZiVapH

Maybe Santon instead of Criscito hmm Guess we could sort a deal out with Newcastle for Elia with Santon + little cash.. they're reported interrested in Elia..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by areve Fri May 11, 2012 2:47 pm

All we need is 3 major signing. Most important is a world class striker, a quality rotation midfielder to take up Marchiso/Vidal role and lastly a left wing back. So here's my pick..

1. Striker: Edinson Cavani

2. Midfielder: Radja Nainggolan / Kwadwo Asamoah

3. Full back: Aly Cissokho / Pablo Armero

P/S; With any of these 3 signings I believe that we will be somewhat equipped for next season. On top of that, I would buy along Pogba/Verratti to back up the midfield with some youth. Hopefully, we will get atleast one of the above mentions. And NO MORE Domizzi/Moscardelli/Padoin type of signings! :bball:
areve
areve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Nainggolan , Veratti,Pogba.

Branislav Ivanovic?/ Silvestre

Jovetic& Drogba on a free or Jovetic/Cavani
DeviAngel
DeviAngel