Ganso
The Madrid One
Babun
Arquitecto
Onyx
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So what players will/should we sign? Empty So what players will/should we sign?

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm

What players will we sign in the future to improve our team?

Will we sign a successor to Alonso next year?

Maybe a new RB if Ramos moves to CB?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

So what players will/should we sign? Empty Re: So what players will/should we sign?

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Despite Maldini's advice, Ramos is all to talented in attack in his RB to shift to CB as this will suppress his attacking qualities.

A new CB is needed as RC is past his prime.

Alonso is only 29 and relies purely on his technique which means he has 3-4 more years to go.

Plus, Sahin is the same mould as him and will be his successor.

Aside from this, more focus should be on the youth such as Morata and Sarabia as well as recalling Canales.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

So what players will/should we sign? Empty Re: So what players will/should we sign?

Post by Babun Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

mtfootball wrote:What players will we sign in the future to improve our team?

Will we sign a successor to Alonso next year?

Maybe a new RB if Ramos moves to CB?

How about selling Kaka, Gago,Drenthe, Lass and Peter Lion first? Very Happy I'm a bit reluctant about lady Gago but the rest should GTFO , the transfer window is closing soon... Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Despite Maldini's advice, Ramos is all to talented in attack in his RB to shift to CB as this will suppress his attacking qualities.

Alonso is only 29 and relies purely on his technique which means he has 3-4 more years to go.

Aside from this, more focus should be on the youth such as Morata and Sarabia as well as recalling Canales.

Ramos is decent attacking wise, but not as good as Marcelo. Defensively he isn't that good at RB against competent attackers.

Alonso is required to defend as well as be our playmaker. Also Sahin will need some competition.

Where exactly will Morata play? Higuain and Benzema aren't exactly 30.

Canales should be Ozil's backup right now imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:40 pm

they will get out soon enough, as far as i know theyre already out.

except for kaka of course... hes out when neymar comes
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:44 pm

ramos too talented in attack?Hes quite average at going forward,and meh at defending when it comes to tough opponents,he should def be a CB.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Ramos has problems with quick pacy defenders, which is something everyone has problems with.

The difference is that there are so many of those guys in la liga compared to others league.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:52 pm

If we were to buy a RB, who would be the candidates?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:53 pm

We really don't need to sign anyone, I would have said a CB to replace Carvalho but next season Varane could replace him, no?

Kaka should leave and Canales/Sarabia to be recalled to replace him. We don't need a third striker Morata is ready if we need one.

I wouldn't mind replacing Di maria with Neymar.

Last edited by EarlyPrototype on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:55 pm

the rb discussion are your favorite ones arent they mtfootball...

this is gonna be the topic of the year..should ramos go to cb.. hope newspapers dont start making desperate maicon bs rumors.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Well Maicon is proven, however there are other RB's we could buy.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:00 pm

im looking forward to mou playing varane alot in the league and copa del rey atleast.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Despite Maldini's advice, Ramos is all to talented in attack in his RB to shift to CB as this will suppress his attacking qualities.

Ramos is decent attacking wise, but not as good as Marcelo. Defensively he isn't that good at RB against competent attackers.

Alonso is required to defend as well as be our playmaker. Also Sahin will need some competition.

Exactly as that is what I am saying.

Ramos is indeed excellent in attack yet not ready in defense to make the jump to CB. Which is why he should stay as FB currently to exploit his attacking nature.

Sahin? I'm saying the same thing as he should be under competition with Alonso. That, or integrated with him.

Higuin and Benz can be susceptible to injury as a 3rd back up is needed as Morata should take the understudy role to them.

Canales? Your right as although he needs more chances.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Defending at RB and CB is kinda different. Ramos has all the qualities to succeed at CB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

Ramos is indeed excellent in attack yet not ready in defense to make the jump to CB. Which is why he should stay as FB currently to exploit his attacking nature.

Sahin? I'm saying the same thing as he should be under competition with Alonso. That, or integrated with him.

Higuin and Benz can be susceptible to injury as a 3rd back up is needed as Morata should take the understudy role to them.

What were you watching? Ramos can't cross on the run = crap in attack as fullback.He positions too central when defending as rightback= attacks wingers too late, lets them cross. He can act as midfielder though. His positioning as rightback is questionable but in one on ones he is really good, a superb CB. Watch him more in RM before assuming another of your weird theories Very Happy
Your sentiments about Morata being our 3rd striker is right Very Happy
Canales has to earn his chances at Real Madrid. We aren't a village club, if he excells in his loan spell he'll get another go Very Happy

In your first post you wrote that Alonso is all about technique ( I remember, your nonsense about Klose). He is required to tackle and cover 10+ kilometers each game. Of course, he won't achieve it staying in one place. Xavi isn't different either. Do you really play in central midfield? You know, you have to run in free space constantly to make yourself available for a pass. As a playmaker you're required to be in free space ALL the time with most touches Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:18 pm

mtfootball wrote:Defending at RB and CB is kinda different. Ramos has all the qualities to succeed at CB.

Well Ramos was a CB before being converted to RB at Real Madrid....

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

What were you watching? Ramos can't cross on the run = crap in attack as fullback.He positions too central when defending as rightback= attacks wingers too late, lets them cross. He can act as midfielder though. His positioning as rightback is questionable but in one on ones he is really good, a superb CB. Watch him more in RM before assuming another of your weird theories Very Happy
Your sentiments about Morata being our 3rd striker is right Very Happy
Canales has to earn his chances at Real Madrid. We aren't a village club, if he excells in his loan spell he'll get another go Very Happy

In your first post you wrote that Alonso is all about technique ( I remember, your nonsense about Klose). He is required to tackle and cover 10+ kilometers each game. Of course, he won't achieve it staying in one place. Xavi isn't different either. Do you really play in central midfield? You know, you have to run in free space constantly to make yourself available for a pass. As a playmaker you're required to be in free space ALL the time with most touches Very Happy

I guess you did not see Ramos' performance in world cup or his performances in the season with Pellegrini on how he has proven his attack prowess. Saying that he cannot attack is ludicrous as he has provided time and time again a focal point to the right flank.

Canales has to EARN his chances? Really? Cause last I heard, that is done by allowing him to start with a system suited to his strengths.

The chances were there, yet he needs more as there is a reason madrid have bought him.

Distance covered? You clearly don't know the difference between distance covered and fitness do you?

Alonso is a different player to Xavi if you haven't notice as their is a difference between deep-lying playmaker and CM.

My nonsense on Klose? Yea saying that he relies on his instincts and intelligence rather then his physical qualities? Real nonsense.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 pm

I think people really underestimate Ramos as a RB. There aren't very many better than him in the world tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 pm

left back and center back and a dm maybe
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:32 pm

The one player we wouldkeep an eye on his that young frenchman from Utd Paul Pogba Smile.

He has a very interesting profile, tall, lanky but strong, great shot, great feet, , flair, very nice technique, has an unusual good passer, DM/CM

im a sucker for midfielders, so one i will keep my eye on
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 pm

If we want a DM then it should be either M'Vila or Moussa Sissoko imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Would love for a Dane to be a part of the squad, the last one didn't turn out too well (Graversen). Eriksen (Attacking Midfielder) and Boilesen (Left Back) are the best prospects in the country atm.
Our needs are a Right Back and a CM + a back up AM as i don't trust Kaká anymore.
Right Back could be Arbeloa as he is good defensively, and never has a bad game, but we need a back up for him if Ramos goes center back.
AM: we could bring back Sarabia, who imo shouldn't have been sold, so bring him back in a year if he does well in Getafe. Eriksen could also be an option, feel like he is a great fit for La Liga.
CM/DM: wish we could get a solid defensive player in midfield like M'Vila and keep Gago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Hey guys, your fav boy is back from the dead. Litterally.

Anyway, i watched the previous two eposides of the classico. i feel this is the topic i should post my first post in the new forums.

First i think we did ok, considereing the players we have. still cant shake the 87th min goal out of my head, if only it didnt happen.

I think i remember saying that we are weak in many areas.

I have previously mentioned alot of our weaknesses, that came to hunt us yet again.

This is if we continue with 4-2-3-1 formation.

First of all i will start with defence.

I am still saying we are weak in CB and RB area, and even Marcelo is not super convincing but ok for now.

Pepe needs a partner, an experienced yet physically capable partner. Some one who can also stop messi on his own but also smarter then pepe.

I have mentioned few names including chillini, i still think he is THE MOST SUITABLE for this role, cuz he is fast, he is aggressive like pepe, he is smarter then pepe.

He would make a brillent partnership with him. afcource there are many other options but this is the option i think that will suits us to the limit.

As for the right back/leftbacks with 4-2-3-1 formation, i think if you are facing barca, you need to have the best of fullbacks, those who are faster then the oppotisition winger, super good in marking their attacker.

Ramos is not a super fast fullback, and certainly not the best markers as his lapses of consintration are deadly on our defence.

but he did a good job though in the last classico. you guys will say if i didnt put ramos in CB and in RB, where will i put him.

As i previously mentioned before, i think ramos best position is to convert him to full time DM/CM. Because he has allllllllll the attributes that are required there.

And he can stop messi before he even get to our CB's. A DM who is fast and tall enough for a CM, very agile, techniqal and aggressive with a good passing attribute. thats the type of DM you play against barca.

But the thing is he is there alone not enough. He needs a partner physically like him, defends like him, but is more of a creater and a controller.

Like bastian schwinestiger. He is perfect for this role, and he might be in market.

I will not mention the attack, since the post will become super big.

Now, if we decide to change formation to 4-3-3. then thats another story, a one i would tell you today.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 pm

I think my fav coach, mr mou signinngs since his arrival has been somewhat dissapointing.

He has brought khedira, a fairly good player over bastian schwienstiger, a player we desperetly needed.

A Dimaria who never played on the right side. his conversation was/is still pain in the legs.

A Caravalho, and aging CB, ok it was late desperate arrival, but i think perez should have open his pockets for longer term CB like chillini.

And the new arrival of a #30M# man contrao, a player not really needed. where he could have bought a cheaper backup like Mvila for less.

oh well.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Why we need to sign anyone? We don't have to buy for sake of it...

Currently we have a quite good depth and in a year or two some of our young players like Sarabia, Canales, Carvajal, Alex, Morata are more than ready to be at least a backups.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next