How competitive will next seasons CL be?

+33
Pedram
che
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Brady2Moss
TonyDaBeast
Vibe
Tomwin Lannister
Forza
VivaStPauli
Cassius
Rossoneri Ninja
The Messiah
McAgger
beatrixasdfghjk.
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
Grande_Milano
TrezeGent
Sushi Master
Raptorgunner
stunt
animal.crackers
Blue Barrett
leemhuis
Zealous
Lex
juventus101
Ganso
Bellabong
RebaƱo Sagrado
kiranr
Onyx
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How competitive will next seasons CL be? - Page 3 Empty Re: How competitive will next seasons CL be?

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 am

Lol Tom your Sig,

Inter can rot in midtable for all i care, don't want them near Cl as they clearly are on decline.

Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How competitive will next seasons CL be? - Page 3 Empty Re: How competitive will next seasons CL be?

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:35 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
leemhuis wrote:Important to see what the Serie A club will be for 3 place. I hope Napoli, but Inter is now 3 point from 3 place.

How is Inter that close? affraid

Vibe back on GL,Inter 3 points off CL :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 am

Vibe wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
leemhuis wrote:Important to see what the Serie A club will be for 3 place. I hope Napoli, but Inter is now 3 point from 3 place.

How is Inter that close? affraid

Vibe back on GL,Inter 3 points off CL :coffee:

Why did u come back !! Ever since your return Milan has been dropping points consistently , you are not "lending" your power to other teams right :vagi:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 am

At least Moratti might try and fix things, he's not exactly the most patient man. If he signed a good player for every manager he's payed out of contract in the past couple of years then they would be up there in the scudetto race. :coffee:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:41 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Defend badly -> Italians get mad. :vagi:
How competitive will next seasons CL be? - Page 3 Italia10
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
After them being defeated by Chelski, well... I think a lot more clubs will go in trying to win, and it'll get tougher for Barca. They'Re still a top side, obviously.

If we keep missing chances like that, then any team will win against us. Mad
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Barca are physically out of it. They need a complete re-haul at the back imo. Old guard are reaching their end as well form/injuries will hurt Barca now more than ever.

New guard will be expected to step up and carry Messi's towel better but I just don't see that happening. Thiagod is too young and Cex is well lol. Also we must now assume the scenario of Messi getting some injuries as well, balance of probabilities means he will get one at some point and Barca have to assume the worst and buy some back up goalscorers to avoid what happened to them this season but given their financial situation that might not happen. As for their current strike force Mexican Pedro is just a Bojan upgrade and Villa is practically finished imo. Tello and Cwanka are still kids.

On the flip side you have Madrid who will have the same young core and will be hungry for next season. Not to mention Jose will add some new players here and there to round things off.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Zealous wrote:Barca are physically out of it. They need a complete re-haul at the back imo. Old guard are reaching their end as well form/injuries will hurt Barca now more than ever.

New guard will be expected to step up and carry Messi's towel better but I just don't see that happening. Thiagod is too young and Cex is well lol. Also we must now assume the scenario of Messi getting some injuries as well, balance of probabilities means he will get one at some point and Barca have to assume the worst and buy some back up goalscorers to avoid what happened to them this season but given their financial situation that might not happen. As for their current strike force Mexican Pedro is just a Bojan upgrade and Villa is practically finished imo. Tello and Cwanka are still kids.

On the flip side you have Madrid who will have the same young core and will be hungry for next season. Not to mention Jose will add some new players here and there to round things off.

Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

What's the part you find the most funny? That Pedro does look Mexican or that you are on the down if you don't do something about it?

If you think your current old guard is going to have injury free seasons you are trippin'. Whatever just keeping subbing in Keita for Cesc I'm sure that'll work lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Zealous wrote:What's the part you find the most funny? That Pedro does look Mexican or that you are on the down if you don't do something about it?

If you think your current old guard is going to have injury free seasons you are trippin'. Whatever just keeping subbing in Keita for Cesc I'm sure that'll work lol

1) No one is on the down. Some tweaks here and there, like a new defender or 2 and a new forward and Barcelona are as good as new. There is plenty of money to do that. Don't let the news and some "audits" fool you.

2) Until now, there was literally no one pushing Barcelona. Madrid have just arrived on the scene and it required a herculean effort to finally beat us. Congrats, but now Barcelona are going to start improving.

3) Old guard where? Only Puyol may retire after next season play lesser games next season. Abidal will have to be replaced. But we still have good defenders in our squad and enough to challenge for titles. Midfield remains the same and as i said add a new forward and we are back to being the team to beat season.

Let us see how the summer transpires.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Ganso wrote:serie a teams wont do shet bar maybe juve

werent u a Milan supporter?
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 pm

lol at some here thinking that Man city will actually provide any form of competition to the heavy-weights of Europe. This Man city is just a pretty ordinary team full of over-priced players, you cannot seriously expect me to believe that they will do anything noteworthy next year with that same defense and midfield?

On top of it all, they have a scaredy-cat for a manager. With Mancini in charge, they ain't going anywhere fast...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:41 pm

kiranr wrote:
Zealous wrote:What's the part you find the most funny? That Pedro does look Mexican or that you are on the down if you don't do something about it?

1) No one is on the down. Some tweaks here and there, like a new defender or 2 and a new forward and Barcelona are as good as new. There is plenty of money to do that. Don't let the news and some "audits" fool you.

2) Until now, there was literally no one pushing Barcelona. Madrid have just arrived on the scene and it required a herculean effort to finally beat us. Congrats, but now Barcelona are going to start improving.

3) Old guard where? Only Puyol may retire after next season play lesser games next season. Abidal will have to be replaced. But we still have good defenders in our squad and enough to challenge for titles. Midfield remains the same and as i said add a new forward and we are back to being the team to beat season.

Let us see how the summer transpires.

1) Fine everything is great at Barca, you are not being carried by one player. Congrats. Rolling Eyes

2) We've been pushing for 4 years now, from Pelle to Mou now. If you think Barca handled this easily from a physical standpoint I think you're wrong tbh. It'll only get worse without new faces.

4) We'll have to see about that but I don't think you're previous top performers bar Messi will continue at a high rate. New faces are a must for Barca in defence and midfield. There is even talk of Pep leaving now, perhaps even he knows this Barca team is at it's limit.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Zealous wrote:

1) Fine everything is great at Barca, you are not being carried by one player. Congrats. Rolling Eyes

2) We've been pushing for 4 years now, from Pelle to Mou now. If you think Barca handled this easily from a physical standpoint I think you're wrong tbh. It'll only get worse without new faces.

4) We'll have to see about that but I don't think you're previous top performers bar Messi will continue at a high rate. New faces are a must for Barca in defence and midfield. There is even talk of Pep leaving now, perhaps even he knows this Barca team is at it's limit.

1) Yes, Messi carried a lot of the scoring burden, but part of it was down to injuriies which we could not deal with and did not choose to as we turned to the youth, who did well considering the circumstances. That is why i said, a new forward will go a long way in rejuvenating the forward line.

That is no way means we are in decline.

2) We need reinforcements in defense. Abidal needs to be replaced and we need a CB too. But that is where the requirements end.

3) Which players will not continue at a high rate? The midfield is awesome with all the options in it. The forwards will get better with the addition of a new player and we have La Masia to tap into. The Villa injury was a big blow (yes, he would have helped our ending to the season in a big big way) and we erred in thinking the slack could be picked up by our kids. I expect Pedro to be sharp next season, like he always was.

Pep was thinking about leaving even before the season started. So, it is not due to the prospective decline that you are talking about.

Fact of the matter is, our core group will still remain the same and with the tweaks and a proper pre-season, we will probably have another successful season.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:03 pm

"Juventus and Dortmund still have to prove themselves in Europe."

It is not commonly known, but Juventus has been in the CL finals seven times, more than Manchester United and Inter and the same number of times as Barcelona. But Dortmund has been in the finals only once, so I agree there.

Last edited by leemhuis on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 pm

And Dortmund won :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

kiranr wrote:
Zealous wrote:

1) Yes, Messi carried a lot of the scoring burden, but part of it was down to injuriies which we could not deal with and did not choose to as we turned to the youth, who did well considering the circumstances. That is why i said, a new forward will go a long way in rejuvenating the forward line.

That is no way means we are in decline.

2) We need reinforcements in defense. Abidal needs to be replaced and we need a CB too. But that is where the requirements end.

3) Which players will not continue at a high rate? The midfield is awesome with all the options in it. The forwards will get better with the addition of a new player and we have La Masia to tap into. The Villa injury was a big blow (yes, he would have helped our ending to the season in a big big way) and we erred in thinking the slack could be picked up by our kids. I expect Pedro to be sharp next season, like he always was.

Pep was thinking about leaving even before the season started. So, it is not due to the prospective decline that you are talking about.

Fact of the matter is, our core group will still remain the same and with the tweaks and a proper pre-season, we will probably have another successful season.

I don't know man I'm just not buying it tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

leemhuis wrote:"Juventus and Dortmund still have to prove themselves in Europe."

It is not commonly known, but Juventus has been in the CL finals seven times, more than Manchester United and Inter and the same number of times as Barcelona. But Dortmund has been in the finals only once, so I agree there.
VivaStPauli wrote:And Dortmund won :vagi:

Against Juventus :lol!:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Juventus are just horrible in Final situations. The Germany of clubs :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:15 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:And Dortmund won :vagi:

Yes, they did, but it is not appropriate to claim that Juventus that has won it twice and has gotten to the finals 7 times is unproven in the CL. I am not a Juventus supporter, obviously, but...........

BTW: Feyenoord, Aston Villa, PSV and Red Star are also clubs that got to the final once and won it.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:18 pm

They got to the final the next year in 1998 and lost again to Madrid. LOL
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Zealous wrote:Juventus are just horrible in Final situations. The Germany of clubs :vagi:

Would'nt that be the Holland of clubs lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:Juventus are just horrible in Final situations. The Germany of clubs :vagi:

Would'nt that be the Holland of clubs lol?

I dont find that funny.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Neither does Cruyff
How competitive will next seasons CL be? - Page 3 Troll-face-450x386
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 pm

I dont mean to spite anyone lol...... it's just Juve and Holland over the years have been to plenty of semi's and final's and tend to not get over the line.

It's fact, no spite or hatred or trying to make fun of anyone.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I was trying to make fun of someone.

The dutch.

I was trying to make fun of the dutch.

Because I'm German.
And it gives me joy.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next