Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

+17
ExtremistEnigma
free_cat
windkick
Hapless_Hans
Glory
El Gunner
Lex
jibers
futbol
VendettaRed07
Myesyats
RED
Art Morte
RealGunner
Robespierre
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet? Empty Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Arsenal finally seem to be have got their shit together, Chelsea always a prime candidate, United back in the fray and City thereabouts. Its still early to tell, but it seems that those 4 have an equally good chance of winning it imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet? Empty Re: Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:31 pm

No.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet? Empty Re: Could we see the most competitive title challenge in the PL yet?

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Yes

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Dunno.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Heart says United will challenge, head says 'nope, not good enough'.

Arsenal have a legit chance, I'm interested to see how they do.

I think ultimately, Chelsea will win it again. May not be as convincing as last season though.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:37 pm

I cannot neither confirm nor deny
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:38 pm

It won't be as easy as last year i'm convinced about that.

It was a stroll last year because City were shit for half a year and Wenger was pissing about with rotating players and systems.

Don't think it will be a runaway like last year because of that, but in now way is it going to be close to like Suarez last season and some of the ones before that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Chelsea are favourites to retain. Without a question

People are underrating City massively. They still are as much of title challengers as us.

We'll see how United do.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:Chelsea are favourites to retain. Without a question

People are underrating City massively. They still are as much of title challengers as us.

We'll see how United do.

People have forgotten how good they are Laughing

Also it should be mentioned that what ever you think of him, having Sterling help out Yaya, Silva and Aguero is a big upgrade from Navas and Milner lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:42 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:23 pm

United will challenge if they get Pedro. If they don't, they will finish 5th, below Liverpool.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:34 pm

RED wrote:Heart says United will challenge, head says 'nope, not good enough'.

Arsenal have a legit chance, I'm interested to see how they do.

I think ultimately, Chelsea will win it again. May not be as convincing as last season though.

The same thing has been said the last decade. When will people learn...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Jives philosophy is if anyone but United win the league; it's indicative of the poor quality of the league Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:08 pm

Lex wrote:Jives philosophy is if anyone but United win the league;  it's indicative of the poor quality of the league Laughing

Yea, because in SAFs last season I did not say that was one of the worst title wins I have ever seen Rolling Eyes

I mean it's okay to be biased but at least pretend to be objective once in a while Lex.

That 12/13 United team almost made me quit watching football because of how terrible we were to watch. I stated this multiple times and it was on of the contributing factors to me not being a regular poster that year.

As usual facts and past results mean nothing. Carry on your eternal solipsism.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:29 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:but it seems that those 4 have an equally good chance of winning it imo

Plain and simple, no.
Not necessarily saying Chelsea will win it, but do you really think United has as good a chance as Chelsea?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:44 pm

It all depends on Chelsea. While Mourinho's 2nd seasons usually end up with big silverware, his 3th seasons tend to be less stellar so that's a question mark now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Will be better than last season as everyone said but that's hardly a marked improvement or something to boast of. Last year chelz strolled its way to title. This time though the challenge and threat from city and arsenal will be far greater and consistent. As for united, we are only a work in progress.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:56 am

Arsenal will walk it.

So no.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:38 am

Surprised City didn't do more this transfer window. They are getting rid of some players in Dzeko, Negredo, Jovetic, Lampard, Milner but replaced them all with just Sterling. They could of used some help in midfield (not Delph) and in the full back department imo.

Over all that lazy ass squad needed a face lift, which I don't think they've done enough to convince me they have improved any from last season. So I don't think they will challenge for the crown but finish in the 3-4 range, maybe even 2 but they won't win it with this lazy squad.

Also if things stay as is, Utd's defense is very meh. I mean they were using Blind as a CB lol. Also if De Gea leaves, they will need to find an equal replacement because he did a great job at making up for that shitty back 4 last season. That said they have enough quality in other areas to finish top 4. Not challenge though.

Arsenal will probably make it interesting all season and then unfortunately somehow screw it in the end. Even though I have strong faith in them this season and will support them all the way

All in all, I think Chelsea wins again, just won't have it as easy as last season. We still have a month left worth of transfer window so allot can change.

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:59 am

In the end, only 2 Clubs will challenge, as usual. My bet is on Chelsea and City.
United and Arsenal have good teams, but are coached by bottlers.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:39 am

You do even understand what the term "bottler" means? I don't think you do
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 am

Lex wrote:You do even understand what the term "bottler" means? I don't think you do

Well, surely Wenger is a bigger bottler than Van Gaal, but not for much.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 am

So you have no idea what it means. Gotcha.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Lex wrote:So you have no idea what it means. Gotcha.

I keep using that word, and I think it means what I think it means.

Will you deny that Arsene Wenger's Arsenal bottles it a lot, starting the seasons well and then bottling it midway many times? There even was a graph about it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next