A change has been applied to the Reputation System.

+29
S32TABLANCA
fatman123
droit_au_but
Lex
Red Alert
Vibe
Art Morte
Lord Spencer
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
JuvenelCuore
bazinga
gkamtu
Swanhends
rsinatra
Albiceleste
Patrick Bateman
RedOranje
S
ErPupone
guest7
Brigate Rossonere
M99
adnyana179
Babun
gk77
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A change has been applied to the Reputation System. - Page 2 Empty Re: A change has been applied to the Reputation System.

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 pm

sciacca wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:
sciacca wrote:Yes better, now these trolls can stop repping so much for disagreeing with my opinion... :coffee:

Oh yeah coz it is really obvious that they do it looking at your rep now....

Wat do u mean? That's cuz of my posts and because I speak the truth in addition to my knowledge but by the way I was refering to some milanistas .

If it was for that then your rep would be neg.

Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

A change has been applied to the Reputation System. - Page 2 Empty Re: A change has been applied to the Reputation System.

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am

Rule of thumb for reputation, if you want to keep it in the positive, don't say anything that might set off the madrid community

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Rule of thumb for reputation, if you want to keep it in the positive, don't say anything that might set off the madrid community

Rule of thumb for reputation, don't enter Inter section.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Rule of thumb for reputation, if you want to keep it in the positive, don't say anything that might set off the madrid community

Rule of thumb for reputation, don't enter Inter section.
hahaha I can only imagine

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:40 am

The reputation system's idea is great, but it's a bit crazy. I had reputation 8 until a few days ago, then I went to -1, which is okay, I took a risk by saying Bolivia were better than Albania.. then yesterday I think I was up at 1 again, and one hour ago I posted a Neymar picture on the pretty boys thread lol, and my reputation went down to -5.. it was a joke ffs, but I accept that it's not something I can control

I just think the name "reputation" is misleading lol, it's more like "agreed/disagreed"..
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 pm

I was really tempted to rename it "Street Cred" just for the lulz.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:01 pm

McLewis wrote:I was really tempted to rename it "Street Cred" just for the lulz.

That would cause problems

Everyone knows red's street cred is over 9000, but his rep is -190....
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

This thread has given me some great laughs. I also completely back up this new system, I was getting tired of - and + rep being abused.

Lionel Messi wrote: Rule of thumb for reputation, if you want to keep it in the positive, don't say anything that might set off the madrid community

This one gave me a real good laugh. I have spoken with you here and there, I don't believe you deserve a -81. I haven't read all of your posts, I just doubt they can be that bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:27 pm

i need back my reps why are they drp down?..
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm

thank you!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:23 pm

A change has been applied to the Reputation System. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNBOuq8cfgx-B4nBSCI7N0RO68Dif6ImimNdznpdfm4OrP6dO9&t=1
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 pm

All right so I've implemented new changes to the Rep system after reading some of the feedback and reviewing the poll results.

-The first one you'll notice immediately is that the "Reputation" status is no longer showing under your avatar. That is because I have removed it.

- The second change is the most important. I have set the value of both positive and negative votes to 0. This means that you will no longer lose or gain points depending on these votes. Essentially, think of it as a two-way kudos system.

- Thirdly, if you are already in the negatives in terms of reputation, you will now be able to see and give votes.

-Fourthly, I have decided to keep in place the limit of just 10 votes every day. I know that some of these changes will potentially cause more abuse to the system, but limited how many reps one can give out is my best weapon to combating that. If I see the need, I will reduce the number even more.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:39 pm

So McLewis ... what are we exactly repping now ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:41 pm

See the "Changes applied to Rep System" thread.

EDIT: You can still rep posts as normal. They just won't go towards reputation points anymore.

DOUBLE EDIT: I wanted to try and make this as close to the kudos system as possible. Since the kudos system didn't keep score...neither will this system plus you still have the added ability of showing not only approval of a post, but disapproval as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 pm

McLewis wrote:See the "Changes applied to Rep System" thread.

EDIT: You can still rep posts as normal. They just won't go towards reputation points anymore.

DOUBLE EDIT: I wanted to try and make this as close to the kudos system as possible. Since the kudos system didn't keep score...neither will this system plus you still have the added ability of showing not only approval of a post, but disapproval as well.

Nice, I think this keeps a good balance. I like the idea, let's see how it goes. Very Happy Cheers
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 am

I think the rep system was not that bad. It actually deterred some trolls from trolling, me thinks.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:26 am

I thought the rep system was fine, little silent compliments for good posts. I know you can still rep posts but it's not really the same when you can't see the reputation total of users.

I believe the "only able to give positive rep" with a 10 per day limit would have worked all right, but on the other hand this all doesn't matter that much, we're here to post :rendeer:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:I thought the rep system was fine, little silent compliments for good posts. I know you can still rep posts but it's not really the same when you can't see the reputation total of users.

I believe the "only able to give positive rep" with a 10 per day limit would have worked all right, but on the other hand this all doesn't matter that much, we're here to post :rendeer:

That was the best option for sure.The system is now meaningless,might as well remove it.Reminds me of Facebook,meaningless changes that made it worse.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Whats the point of having the voting system at all? Seems absolutely pointless now

Just remove it altogether imo or go back to how it was either or

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Crimson wrote:Whats the point of having the voting system at all? Seems absolutely pointless now

Just remove it altogether imo or go back to how it was either or

I agree. Can't be arsed to rep when it shows only in the individual posts. Remove or give the old system another chance is what I vote for here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Agreed, this change has completely removed my motivation to vote up or down posts. How about we go back to how it was before, only that users can't go below 0? That would keep a lot of people from complaining...

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 pm

I know I'm not speaking for everyone, but to me the whatever enjoyment there is in a reputation system comes 50% from voting a post, 50% from giving the user a cumulative up vote for his good post. Not really interested in half of the pie.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Agreed, this change has completely removed my motivation to vote up or down posts. How about we go back to how it was before, only that users can't go below 0? That would keep a lot of people from complaining...

Absolutely agree. I feel exactly the same way. I feel that there is no point in giving votes anymore. Either bring the old system back or just scrap it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 am

Can you reset red's rep? That's kazy.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:31 am

It's kind of slow to rep. If it only was a simply click without the "Your vote has been cast, click here to go back" I'd still do it
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:54 pm

should probably remove the limit if the rep count is gone

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next