KMD
Gomez83
andiii
62 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Di maria - Page 5 Empty Re: Di maria

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Maria was Madrid's best player before his injuries.

The utter disrespect he get's by some Madrid fans on here is shocking, impact player Laughing

Are you referring to me?

Yea , I label him as an impact player, I don't see what's wrong with that and he wasn't our best player , he probably had some of the best games but he was pretty terrible out of the blocks and got injured just as he was catching fire.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 pm

First half of the season before he kept getting injured he was easily your best player.

Ozil did'nt turn up, Ronaldo scored but did'nt play great, Benz was probably 2nd best.

If anyone else did what Di Maria does, he would praised to the rooftops but for some reason Di Maria isn't good enough hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Yea , I label him as an impact player, I don't see what's wrong with that and he wasn't our best player , he probably had some of the best games but he was pretty terrible out of the blocks and got injured just as he was catching fire.

..Sometimes when we criticize our own team's player and when neutral fans who hardly watch our team's games rave about the player so much so that they think we're disrespecting our player ,its quite annoying tbh..

Mole behaves as though he watches all 38 games of every top team in the world..Laughing

Last edited by Surag on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Se7en wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:He was actually one of the better players against Barca when we parked the bus the year before, thing about him is he doesn't really care for building a play , he just wants to kill you and do it quickly.

I like him, but I still see him as ideally a super sub until he calms down a little.

People are forgetting that Samurai. He was great last year vs. them. It's just this year he came back from a injury where he missed half the season. Laughing

And in the 3-1:

Bad performance my ass Laughing
thats a good performance?please tell me you are joking.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:15 pm

He wasn't.

Ramos was our best player for the first half of the season for me.

Di Maria tore shit up like no other for about 6 weeks but he had a very poor start, Benz was consistently good throughout.I'm inclined to say Di Maria was as good as Benz but not as good as Ramos or Alonso.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Surag wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Yea , I label him as an impact player, I don't see what's wrong with that and he wasn't our best player , he probably had some of the best games but he was pretty terrible out of the blocks and got injured just as he was catching fire.

..Sometimes when we criticize our own team's player and when neutral fans who hardly watch our team's games rave about the player so much so that they think we're disrespecting our player ,its quite annoying tbh..

Mole behaves as though he watches all 38 games of every top team in the world..Laughing

Not hard to watch Madrid when every game they play is on TV every week at around 6pm lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Disrespect is pushing it Mole..He still provided the reasoning for it..Same with Nick..

Yet you people act as though they're hating on their own players.lol..Which isnt the case
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Let's put it this way if anyone else performed like Di Maria did before his injuries there would be balon d'or threads.

It's obvious he isn't as respected as much as other Madrid players.

Their excuses all stem from his injuries, before his injuries none of those so called issues happened.

I admit he wasnt as good in last few months, but that was acceptable because he was constantly injured, but first half of season he was outstanding.

Also if Ramos, Ozil, Alonso, Benzema, Marcelo etc etc put in an average performance it's completely and utterly ignored.

If Di Maria gives an average performance then he is ridiculed sometimes calling him to be benched.

Same thing goes if one of those players put in a great performance, no one hesitates to wank over him.

Di Maria by comparison needs to put in 4 or 5 similar performances in a row before he starts getting praised.

There's a clear and obvious difference between the respect and praise Di Maria recieves to the rest despite him performing at a similar level ( sometimes higher) to the rest of the squad when fit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let's put it this way if anyone else performed like Di Maria did before his injuries there would be balon d'or threads.

It's obvious he isn't as respected as much as other Madrid players.

Their excuses all stem from his injuries, before his injuries none of those so called issues happened.

I admit he wasnt as good in last few months, but that was acceptable because he was constantly injured, but first half of season he was outstanding.

Also if Ramos, Ozil, Alonso, Benzema, Marcelo etc etc put in an average performance it's completely and utterly ignored.

If Di Maria gives an average performance then he is ridiculed sometimes calling him to be benched.

Same thing goes if one of those players put in a great performance, no one hesitates to wank over him.

Di Maria by comparison needs to put in 4 or 5 similar performances in a row before he starts getting praised.

There's a clear and obvious difference between the respect and praise Di Maria recieves to the rest despite him performing at a similar level ( sometimes higher) to the rest of the squad when fit.

Bullshite.

Benzema is the only player i've seen get a pass for poor performances.

Di Maria was getting heaps of praise for his performances in the first half of the season.

Read his thread in the Madrid section first before making such a sweeping statement like that.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Benzema get a pass for poor performances scratch

He can create tap in's for all around him, be the best player on the pitch, but he misses a chances and people are ready to lynch him.

Ramos gets a pass for poor performances but that is understandable

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm not making a sweeping statement Laughing i'm aiming it at the people who think dont rate Di Maria and want him benched Laughing

Why do you have to be so defensive all the time? like i'm attacking your baby brother or something Laughing i'm not even talking about you ffs Laughing

Also it took months before Di Maria got widespread praise, most of the first half of the season he was being ridiculed for his playacting/diving etc etc.

Benzema, Ozil, Alonso, Ramos, Marcelo etc etc have all got passes at some point in time for average performances that players like Di Maria would be ridiciculed for and has been ridiculed for in this thread.

He's just not respected in the same fashion as most of the squad.

Probably due to his diving and playacting, but still.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not making a sweeping statement Laughing i'm aiming it at the people who think dont rate Di Maria and want him benched Laughing

Why do you have to be so defensive all the time? like i'm attacking your baby brother or something Laughing i'm not even talking about you ffs Laughing

Also it took months before Di Maria got widespread praise, most of the first half of the season he was being ridiculed for his playacting/diving etc etc.

Benzema, Ozil, Alonso, Ramos, Marcelo etc etc have all got passes at some point in time for average performances that players like Di Maria would be ridiciculed for and has been ridiculed for in this thread.

He's just not respected in the same fashion as most of the squad.

Probably due to his diving and playacting, but still.

Read his thread in the Madrid Section, and you'll see he did get praise for his performances in the first half of the season.

He is rated, people just think his decision making needs to be improved.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:45 pm

There's a difference between benched and him making the role of supersub his own.I just think his skillset at this particular time is more suited to being an impact player off the bench in certain matches.

I'm a fan of rotation as well, so I would love to see him rotated in and out to get Higuain some more time as well.

You're acting like I want to send him to Castilla Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Benzema get a pass for poor performances scratch

He can create tap in's for all around him, be the best player on the pitch, but he misses a chances and people are ready to lynch him.

Ramos gets a pass for poor performances but that is understandable, he's a Madrid and Spain legend.

He does what? FGS, we had an Igwe thread for the guy for him finally peforming like he gave a damn.

Anytime he is below par it's usually, 'his teammates didn't finish off chances, he was dropping deep to help Oezil, he was playing out wide to provide width etc etc.

Excuses galore when it comes to him.

I mean he sucked ass at the Euros, yet that went unnoticed. The guy gets a pass.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 pm

It's pretty funny to see that alot of pple make judgements without watching Madrid play.

Pre injury:

Di Maria's first two games for us last season were really good, especially against Zaragoza.

The problem was the next two games he was horrible and I do mean horrible, in the loss to Levante and the draw against Racing. He then preceded that with another awful game getting red carded against Rayo.

He then seemed to wake up a little and had a brilliant run of form (about 7-8 games) till the game against Barcelona in which his decision making was terrible to say the least, but he bounced back after that with an exceptional game against Sevilla.

The problem is that run of form did not include a good game against a single team in form or playing well at the time.

I rate Di Maria highly but as more of a impact player at the moment, he is still very young, only 23, and you can tell he has quite abit to learn and will be exceptional once he peaks.

After his injury he had 4 average games nothing amazing out of about 10 or so, the rest were pretty poor.

Good to see him play well against Galaxy though, hope it's a sign for the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 pm

izzy wrote:

Ramos gets a pass for poor performances but that is understandable, he's a Madrid and Spain legend.

He does what? FGS, we had an Igwe thread for the guy for him finally peforming like he gave a damn.

Anytime he is below par it's usually, 'his teammates didn't finish off chances, he was dropping deep to help Oezil, he was playing out wide to provide width etc etc.

I mean he sucked ass at the Euros, yet that went unnoticed. The guy gets a pass.

Unnoticed?

Where the hell were you?

So we're supposed to throw everything he does out the window because he misses a chance?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Supersub is just a fancy way of saying i dont want you starting but i trust you to do something in 20 mins Laughing

He should be starting, no doubt about it. The mere fact we are even having the discussion about Di Maria says it all.

Should be an undisputed starter without a doubt.

Also i love the " you dont watch Madrid play" because you disagree posts Laughing Laughing Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
izzy wrote:

Unnoticed?

Where the hell were you?

So we're supposed to throw everything he does out the window because he misses a chance?

Hypocrite, your doing the exact same when it comes to Dii Maria. When he makes a wrong decision it is highlighted and critiqued as the biggest mistake a footballer has ever made.

Oh, and please show me these threads criticizing Benz for his Euro performance, all I read was, 'France system doesn't suit him, he tried hard etc etc'.

I was right here and read the whole thing during the Euros, Gomez and RVP copped more stick than Benz.

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Supersub is just a fancy way of saying i dont want you starting but i trust you to do something in 20 mins Laughing

He should be starting, no doubt about it. The mere fact we are even having the discussion about Di Maria says it all.

Should be an undisputed starter without a doubt.

Also i love the " you dont watch Madrid play" because you disagree posts Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think Benzema can be a better option out wide in some games tbh

The fact of the matter is those that did watch Di maria play can attest to the frustration at his decision making at times, sometimes it seems he left his brain at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:04 am

I agree with that, but more often than not Di Maria's positives outweighs his negatives.

I accept he was poor at the end of season, mainly because of all the injuries he had.

First half of the season he was great though, stepping up when the majority of the other attackers wasn't.

I also seem to remember when he first got injured around november time, there was threads about how much Di Maria is missed when you were scraping victories.

All this seems to have been forgotten because of his injuries, when fit he should be starting IMO, he's too dangerous to just leave out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:12 am

Higuain is too dangerous to leave out. At Real Madrid there will be dangerous players on the bench.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24 am

mtfootball wrote:Higuain is too dangerous to leave out. At Real Madrid there will be dangerous players on the bench.

Same logic can be applied to Di Maria?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 am

We're just going around in circles here.

Right now...Di maria is a sure starter. If we bring in Modric , maybe not.The whole question of leaving out Di maria or Higuain is foolish, they play brilliantly together, they make each other better.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Maria was Madrid's best player before his injuries.

The utter disrespect he get's by some Madrid fans on here is shocking, impact player Laughing
biggest lie ever Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:38 am

di maria is actually growing on me. ill admit i definitely wasnt a fan his first season with us as i was very skeptical, and even before i favored the david silva signing over di maria.

but anyways as i see di maria now he is an incredibly talented player.

the issue i have with him is that his footballing brain is shit- far too many times he puts his head down and dribbles straight into defenders, has a terrible pass completion rate, terrible turnover rate,

and what i despise most is his diving/play acting. its unacceptable and i will never regard him as a player i like until he stops with that behavior.

but to end on a positive note i think he has the best work rate on the team and can have the best killer pass.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:52 am

Di Maria is actually one of my favorite players at Madrid and I do think he is a scape goat of sorts and doesnt get enough recognition

Last year, before his injuries in the 2nd half of the season he was by far our best player

The only thing I truly hate abhout him is the fact he can't use his right foot if his life depended on it. Scored one good goal on his right one day and its like he totally forgot how to use it
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: