Juventude
The_ItalianFool
Lynx100
DeviAngel
10 posters

Go down

Del Piero focused on Juve present  Empty Del Piero focused on Juve present

Post by DeviAngel Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:40 am

Juventus ace Alessandro Del Piero won’t comment on his plans for next season. “My future is Cesena on Sunday.”

The club captain, who will leave the Old Lady when his contract expires at the end of the season, was the hero in last night’s 2-1 win over Lazio.

His late goal led the Bianconeri back to the top of the table, but also led to questions about what will happen to him at the conclusion of the campaign.

“This is a really important part of the season, too important, for me to be thinking about my personal situation,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I’ve always said that I will continue playing, but what we have to do now is to remain concentrated on the next game.”

Del Piero, now 37, has been used sparingly by boss Antonio Conte this term. Although he’s made 19 League appearances, he’s only started three of those.

“I would always like to play, but you have to understand the moment,” he continued.

“When I’m not on the pitch I just remain focused, but it is not easy to come on in a game, to adapt to the pace, therefore it is great when I come on and score.”

It had looked like Juventus would be held to another draw on Wednesday until Del Piero’s moment of magic.

“This win was fundamental for us, seeing how the game developed and what it means for the League table,” he added. “To draw or lose this match would have been suicide.

“We’re happy with this win and I’m satisfied because it is always nice to score. We have to keep our feet on the ground though.

“Whoever has the more energy and desire will end up with the Scudetto. It’ll be tough as things can change in the space of one game.”

Juventus are now one point clear of Milan. While the Old Lady will be up against Cesena, Milan will entertain Genoa this weekend.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Del Piero focused on Juve present  Empty Re: Del Piero focused on Juve present

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 am

The uproar if he doesnt get a new contract is going to be unbelievable..

Rather than renewing contracts of our players which still had 3 years left to run on them, Giving ADP 1 million (that he currently gets) for another season is the better thing to do...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:53 am

Agreed, if he can solve games toward the end when we need that one more goal we should re-sign him for another season. It would be great to see him retire with us and also win once more with us.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:36 pm

I would be very curious to know what ADP's goal rate is per minute played. I believe that it would be higher than a number of our top scorers this season.

The man is still decisive in games. I'm not sure what additional proof Agnelli needs to bring him back for another season.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10 pm

I think we all need to live this moment and enjoy it for what it is cause its freaking beautiful.

U all need to realise that this is Alessandro Del Piero's last full season in the Juventus jersey and in no freaking way could it be a more perfect farewell for this legend cause he is a legend and a champion to the last second of his Juve career.

To me it is soooo very important he does his thing this year and that everybody remembers him like that and not in any other way.

Call for his extension all u want but remember to fully enjoy these last days together with a legend and dont let any other desires overshadow this last part of his legacy.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 pm

If inzaghi can be held in Milan than I don't see why not Del Piero !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Del Piero should not be held at Juve he should be a part of the project if he is there.

Others have been kept at clubs but no legend will ever go out after 19 years the way he is about to do it. And u know that.

These so called things going on behind the scene is clearly nothing but the fact that Juve WILL spend big in the summer and particularly up front.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 pm

After almost 20 years, ADP has EARNT the right to say when he will leave the club or retire. Agnelli should respect that. End of story.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:26 pm

“This is a really important part of the season, too important, for me to be thinking about my personal situation,”

This man is just a gentle man in every way!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Lynx100 wrote:After almost 20 years, ADP has EARNT the right to say when he will leave the club or retire. Agnelli should respect that. End of story.

completely agree as much as i dont wanna see him leave, if he wants to end his career on a smaller team or go for experience than its fine by me. I just want Juventus and Del Piero to agree on terms
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:37 am

it would be a perfect farewell if Juvi wins the title this year. Whether Del Perio wants to stay or leave he earned it, but i would hate for him to be slowly forgotten on the sidelines like Inzagi and id rather see him leave with an impact. If he wants to keep playing he should be allowed to do it at home but personally i would love to see Alex play in a smaller team where he can show his magic on a weekly basis ala Baggio coz a champ like him isnt made for the bench
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:24 am

zizzle wrote:it would be a perfect farewell if Juvi wins the title this year. Whether Del Perio wants to stay or leave he earned it, but i would hate for him to be slowly forgotten on the sidelines like Inzagi and id rather see him leave with an impact. If he wants to keep playing he should be allowed to do it at home but personally i would love to see Alex play in a smaller team where he can show his magic on a weekly basis ala Baggio coz a champ like him isnt made for the bench

Really well put, but I think he deserves a season while in the champions league. Juventus should have a lot of games to play, I'd rather have Del Piero starting games in the Coppa Italia, and Serie A then a worthless player. Really, if Del Piero were to keep this role, playing max 45-60 minutes, more like the last 30 then he could play at a high level for 2-3 more seasons, in my opinion.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down