Abramovich
The Franchise
Aensensen
VivaStPauli
Dnmac4
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased Empty Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't know how many of you are getting the same feed as I'm watching on FSC in the states for the Chelsea/Benefica game but it's borderline unprofessional for them to keep putting Gary Neville and Martin Tyler on these games where an EPL team is in.

They are so biased it's incredible. I mean they make no effort what so ever to be the least bit fair in what there saying. They are basically cheering for Chelsea on air. When Chelsea misses a close chance they sigh and and act like there devastated. Any 50/50 call they comment in favor of Chelsea every single time.

I'n not a big fan of ESPN's coverage of football here in the states but at least there professional. I'd be seriously pissed if I were a Benefica fan.

And It's not like this is a one off thing.

IF they want to put them on games where both teams are EPL teams then that's fine but this is just unprofessional.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased Empty Re: Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm

TBH I don't mind the bias if they openly cheer for one team, it's just annoying when they pretend like the other team is shit.

German commentators always cheer for German teams in EL and UCL, but they take the opposition seriously and treat them with respect, at least. English commentators are hit and miss, but TBH I mostly listen to commentary for entertainment reasons, not for information. :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased Empty Re: Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased

Post by Aensensen Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Thats annoying as hell for me too. Hate biassed comentators.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Said once, will say it again.

Games on mute with music coming from your speakers is much less stressful and much more enjoyable.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 pm

G Nev is hilarious the comment he made about the extra officials, with UEFA helping unemployment :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Abramovich wrote:G Nev is hilarious the comment he made about the extra officials, with UEFA helping unemployment :lol!:
LooooL, did he really say that? :bow:
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah it's true they are bias which can be okay but on top of the bias they basically just call the other team rubbish. Even if the other team are doing better they still make them out to be lucky.

It's not a rare event, every English ECL match on sky gets a bias as hell commentary.

I'll be watching Juventus games on sky sports so you'll probably see me rage over the bias on these forums if they play an English team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Gary Neville would be a pretty good commentator if only he could learn to mask his bias
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 pm

I quite like Neville on prem matches but he's basically cheering English teams on in Europe.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Aensensen wrote:
Abramovich wrote:G Nev is hilarious the comment he made about the extra officials, with UEFA helping unemployment :lol!:
LooooL, did he really say that? :bow:

Yeah something along the lines of that :lol!:

Souness is a bell though still hating on Luiz as we speak Evil or Very Mad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Gary Neville is the best pundit, so unbiased in the studio, but when it comes to commentating he sucks in the sense that he is biased, it is annoying.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm

definition of a *bleep* asshole premface
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 pm

I still remember last year with us vs tottenham, unbelievable stuff :facepalm:

It will always remain bad unfortunately
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 pm

So I'm guessing then no one here has ever seen a Barca game on either FoxDeportes or ESPN Deportes.

THE BIGGEST CLOSEST BARCA FANS EVER.

Mario Kempes + Jorge Ramos all the damn time.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

ray wilkins , there arent even words to describe that . and he was showing real madrid such disrespect , it was shameful
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:Said once, will say it again.

Games on mute with music coming from your speakers is much less stressful and much more enjoyable.

Dani following my policy when watching football :bow:

Seriously he's right Music > Commentary is the best decision you could ever make.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

the commentary was taken from sky sports, aired in the UK. You shouldnt expect any neutral commentary, its been the way since years.

half the country was cheering for chelsea, just not teh sky team
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:half the country was cheering for chelsea
such a lie lol Razz
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 pm

no its the truth, ask any old man at work tomorrow, he will say chelsea over benfica
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Yeah but ask any 20 year old who isn't a chav and they'll say Benfica over Chelsea

I know i was Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 pm

The thing is that with bad streams I rely on the commenting to tell who's who, why the ref went for a certain call, and occasionally insight. So muting it in favor of turning on the music doesn't really work for me most of the time.

The best solution, imho, is to learn Spanish.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:27 pm

or find an alternative stream lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:30 pm

How does commentary know any better than us why the ref went for a certain call? They are watching what we are watching.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:31 pm

The Franchise wrote:

How does commentary know any better than us why the ref went for a certain call? They are watching what we are watching.

Because they're watching in a better quality Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm

lol I see
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next