Abramovich
The Franchise
Aensensen
VivaStPauli
Dnmac4
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm

lol I see

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, the commentating in the Chelsea/Benefica game is so biased

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 pm

England needs Chelsea to progress because of UEFA coefficient.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Russian commentators >>>>> ALL others

Man those guys are great. They have so much respect for the giants of football.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The thing is that with bad streams I rely on the commenting to tell who's who, why the ref went for a certain call, and occasionally insight. So muting it in favor of turning on the music doesn't really work for me most of the time.

The best solution, imho, is to learn Spanish.

spanish commentators are biased towards spanish teams as well
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 pm

He meant Latin commentators Afro

For European football. Mexicans and Argentines wank over their own teams as is expected.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 am

Not exactly on topic but there is a young commentator In Norway that spends 90 minutes every game talking about how bad EVERY move on the pitch is when it does not result in a 50 meter spot on pass or shot in the top right corner. It really really gets on my nerves when I hear negative commentators. Its like they dont stop and think for a minute; "this is actually among the best players in the world, how the hell are you gonna expect something better, this is IT, take it or leave it!"

Nay to negative commentators!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 am

RealGunner wrote:spanish commentators are biased towards spanish teams as well
Not latin american ones, they have no reason to be. Therefore, no bias.

In european games anyway.

Either way I remember watching an Argentina vs Uruguay match where an Argentine commentator was audibly excited for Argentina, and then he apologized for his attitude saying it wasn't fair for the Uruguayans listening to the match. That would never happen with English pundits.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:22 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Russian commentators >>>>> ALL others

Man those guys are great. They have so much respect for the giants of football.
Danny, Danny, Dannyyyyy...

Daaaaaa...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 am

Argentine commentating = GOAT
this was already an established fact though :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:40 am

neville as commentator Laughing
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:58 am

Albiceleste wrote:Argentine commentating = GOAT

whats the deal with the dude on roids?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:01 am

Eivindo wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Argentine commentating = GOAT

whats the deal with the dude on roids?
that's me :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:16 am

poor man's Ray Wilkins really....

his words
"Dont deserve this, Real Madrid dont deserve to win 4-0" after Ronaldo scores the 4th
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am

The Franchise wrote:Said once, will say it again.

Games on mute with music coming from your speakers is much less stressful and much more enjoyable.

Gotta be kidding.

Give me the stadium's background sound and a passive commentator everyday.

I personally love the english commentators when they are commentating PL games, cause they speak little and are very neutral.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 am

free_cat wrote:

Games on mute with music coming from your speakers is much less stressful and much more enjoyable.

Gotta be kidding.

I personally love the english commentators when they are commentating PL games, cause they speak little and are very neutral.

Meh, I dont find listening to English commentators talk about players/teams they know nothing about fun.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 am

I usually listen to music for about 80 minutes then listen to the commentators for the final 10.

The last 10 minutes are when you hear the best chants usually.

Unless I have a Foxsports Puerto Rico stream in which case I listen to the entire game because their commentators are easily the funniest I've ever heard.

Music elevates a boring match to a tolerable experience.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Arabic commentary is the best. Usually openly supports both teams LOL

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Probably if you understand it Zeal,but for someone like me its horrible.

They seem excited by everything by almost equal measure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Many Arabic speakers find English commentary makes a game unwatchable, too boring with no real insight on any back stories leading up to the game. At least that's the general consensus.

Arabic commentary usually gives you a run down of both teams in addition to calling the plays + orgasm every time a goal is scored of if there is a clear chance.

Some are obviously better than others but that is the format of commentary in Arabia.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Gotta be kidding.

Meh, I dont find listening to English commentators talk about players/teams they know nothing about fun.

I understand. But in general, english commentators speak much less than spanish commentators. So english commentators say less things about stuff they don't know about that spanish commentators. Spanish commentators think that if they are 1 second without speaking the viewer will get bored and switched channel.
I like the style of english commentators, but I can understand how they can be biased in international games. I only watch in english PL games, others I watch usually in catalan or spanish.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Well I dont listen to Spanish commentary seeing as I dont understand enough really, but yeah for you, I can understand that.

Right now, I rarely listen to English commentary anyway seeing as im in Denmark and there are a surprising amount of games are on.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm

i thought they were pretty bias in favour of chelsea, there was no way we were as dominant in the first half as they made out, and then they made the first 10-15mins of the second half seem like a small flash in the pan from benfica when really they had chelsea pretty much on the ropes
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 pm

He has to be biased, why shouldn't he be? eco smile

EPL vs the world. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm

When it was actually just Chelsea vs Benfica in reality. But I digress...

I generally don't mind the bias commentary because I have grown accustomed to that from watching the Olympic games on NBC for years now. Same thing, different people for me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Milan - Arsenal both legs, incredibly bias commentary from the english. and last year Milan-tottenham when crouch scored. there reaction was like as if they won

Stanley Cup, PGA Masters Championship, NBA Championship, World Series MLB, Grey Cup CFL, Superbowl, Wimbledon, Olympic Gold in Swimming and Curling, F1 Championship, World Cup, European Cup, Champions League, Premier League, etc etc COMBINED!!

catch my drift?

geez....
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2