Red Alert
Art Morte
RedOranje
Le Samourai
Charrua
25 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 9 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 am

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:80k seems about right for Hendo though...

No it doesn't, considering the circumstances. We would struggle big time trying to replace him and at least City would be willing to offer him more than that. He would be exactly what they need. His next contract is probably going to be the most important one in his career, since he is entering his peak years now, and I totally understand he's looking to get a bit more than 80k.
Another thing to consider is, if the wage is net or gross amount. EPL/UK has quite high tax rates and 80K as gross amount isn't lucrative at all for Henderson.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 9 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by mr-r34 Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 am

Hendo defo needs to be at that 100k mark, roughly what sterling should be on max, don't let the kid hold us ransom, yet again i wouldn't want to lose him over 1 mil a season it would cost us god knows how much more to replace him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 am

Hendo definitely needs to get in the region of 100k region, for the reason stated by others !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:45 am

Sterling should be on roughly 60-70
Hendo should be around 80.

It's shit like this that kills us down the road. It's why we've gave high contracts to the likes of Downing, Carroll, Cole etc and failed to get them off the wage bill.

NOTE: I AM NOT COMPARING HENDERSON AND STERLING TO THEM, THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY BETTER.

BUT.

Sterling is still a talent. He's still a kid. He's still having a lot of inconsistent games due to a lack of experience. The kids not even 21 yet ffs. How is he worth 6 digits a week? Hell Rodgers is still using him as a utility man ffs. Laughing

Hendo might push towards 90k. But my main issue with him is he's still providing in "moments" rather than consistency. He's stepped up lately, and kudos to him, but he needs to a little more. He went missing a lot when we needed him most. It's only lately where he's proven he can play in the final third... he does a lot of stuff right, but he needs to that little bit more if he wants a "world class" contract fee.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:52 pm

I wouldn't say 100k per week is nowadays a world class player's salary, not in the Prem anyway. For instance, Ramsey is on 100k.

At the end of the day it's just about supply and demand and I'm afraid both Chelsea and City would be keen on signing Henderson on 100k per week. Not necessarily on much more than that, but we should offer him that 100k.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Henderson is worth 300k a week ffs. Sign him up.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Also his beard is looking mighty fresh. Rugged as hell this lad.

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 9 1426549176246
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Very well put by RA. The only problem is that in todays world, it is difficult to see 'this bargaining' by players not happening. I can understand Hendos reason,because he is 24 right now nd this is going to be a contract where he will play in his peak years for us. So I can understand if his agent is trying to get big wages contract. As u said, he can produce things in patches, forms and moments but WC players perform consistently throughout the season.I think the middle solution will be that we offer performance based contracts.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:25 am

I'll be okay with both Sterling and Hendo on 90-100k. Anything over that for both is just stupidly overpaying. Like Hail said, for Hendo at least it makes sense to ask for more because this next contract will go through his peak years. Sterling though Sad

Btw what did we renew Sturridge to? Coutinho was renewed to 75k, I remember that. I remember the 150k for Dan that was heavily incentivised. What's his fixed wage, does anyone know?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:34 am

I haven't seen anything else but that 150k per week for Sturridge that's, like you said, incentivised. Maybe his basic salary could be around 120k?

A question: Do you think that heavily incentivised contracts, especially for forwards, could make them play even more selfishly than usually? hmm
I mean, if the player gets a big bonus for scoring a goal, if that bonus is too big they might end up shooting from everywhere instead of passing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 pm

I also think Dan is on basic 120k with some incentives. For a forward, price/assist and price/goal should be the same so that it does not influence the attitude of the players on the pitch eco smile
I think even for attacking midfielder we should have something similar. That way we will avoid that selfishness.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Sturridge is on base 120k and people would complain if Henderson got 100k? Henderson is so much more important to this team, and a better player IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:37 pm

No one is complaining that Hendo should get 100k. We all agree that's pretty much what he should be getting specially in his most important contract of his career. It's still too much but understandable. It's the fact that he's apparently rejected 100k and wants Gerrardesque wages.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:30 pm

I thought the rumour was he rejected 80k? Or his agents did anyway. Especially with the TV contract coming up players are in a strong position to hold out for bigger contracts right now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:56 pm

El Cujo wrote:I thought the rumour was he rejected 80k? Or his agents did anyway. Especially with the TV contract coming up players are in a strong position to hold out for bigger contracts right now.

I'd rather it go to cheaper prices for the fans then players, FML how much *bleep* money do sports stars want, every bloody inch available to them they'll grab. Football has truly lost most of the community aspect of it and it's just money these days.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:52 am

mr-r34 wrote:
El Cujo wrote:I thought the rumour was he rejected 80k? Or his agents did anyway. Especially with the TV contract coming up players are in a strong position to hold out for bigger contracts right now.

I'd rather it go to cheaper prices for the fans then players, FML how much *bleep* money do sports stars want, every bloody inch available to them they'll grab. Football has truly lost most of the community aspect of it and it's just money these days.

Yeah, the ticket prices in England are... disappointing. But on the other hand the stadiums are mostly full, so it would be kind of stupid, from a commercial point of view, for clubs to lower the prices. And there's a big correlation between clubs' commercial success and sporting success. So, I don't know.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:57 am

Currently on £65,000 per week, the Reds offered him £80,000 per week. That was swiftly rejected with Henderson wanting around £120,000 per week.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:40 am

iftikhar wrote:
Currently on £65,000 per week, the Reds offered him £80,000 per week. That was swiftly rejected with Henderson wanting around £120,000 per week.

If this is true, then the obvious middle ground would be the 100k per week and both sides should be happy with that. Just get it done already, LFC!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:33 pm

The Mirror are saying that Henderson is going to sign a 100k pw deal, hopefully they know what they're talking about on this one.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Sounds like the most reasonable compromise given the two sides. Not sure its worth it to invest any hope in The Mirror though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:03 pm

well 100k pw seems a good deal for both the parties. I will be very glad for that and if he continues to improve , his deal can be better than this one :coffee: Also, imo, if Henderson signs the deal once, it might be good influence on other lads

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:45 am

Rumors Hendo signed a 5 year deal worth 100k per week.

If so that's great, even after the current knee jerk about him. The blokes 24, still got his best years ahead of him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 am

5 years at 100k when he's already probably worth more than that would be amazing. Especially since, hopefully, we'll be able to build around him and Coutinho moving forward with real top end players. I'm optimistic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 am

Honestly.

What has he done to warrant anything to be "worth more than that".

He's getting slightly overpaid if anything. Good player, happy he's signed but come on now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:15 am

Red Alert wrote:Honestly.

What has he done to warrant anything to be "worth more than that".

He's getting slightly overpaid if anything. Good player, happy he's signed but come on now.
+1 Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:18 pm

It's official, 5 years on 100k pw, this lifted my spirits Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next