Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:33 am

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson vs City Empty Re: Jordan Henderson vs City

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:04 pm

I've been fairly certain for a little while now, watching him, that we will look back at him as the most important signing last summer.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:25 pm

stevieg8 wrote:I've been fairly certain for a little while now, watching him, that we will look back at him as the most important signing last summer.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:11 pm

stevieg8 wrote:I've been fairly certain for a little while now, watching him, that we will look back at him as the most important signing last summer.

Well he has certainly been more stable than some of the others. He tends to go out and get a job done. Hendo has the potential to be a rock in the center for Liverpool for years to come. My only real criticism is that he has not been able to raise the level of play of those around him. Unlike Gerrard and Suarez, Hendo isn't able to boost the team through his individual play. He often plays very conservatively. In all fairness, Adam seems to have taken the opposite track and has shown a propensity for the "hollywood" ball to the detriment of the team. Similarly, Adam has shown his defensive frailties in his tackling exuberance. Hendo seems to keep a more level headed approach, not setting the world alight, but also not giving away games.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:02 pm

donttreadonred wrote:

Well he has certainly been more stable than some of the others. He tends to go out and get a job done. Hendo has the potential to be a rock in the center for Liverpool for years to come. My only real criticism is that he has not been able to raise the level of play of those around him. Unlike Gerrard and Suarez, Hendo isn't able to boost the team through his individual play. He often plays very conservatively. In all fairness, Adam seems to have taken the opposite track and has shown a propensity for the "hollywood" ball to the detriment of the team. Similarly, Adam has shown his defensive frailties in his tackling exuberance. Hendo seems to keep a more level headed approach, not setting the world alight, but also not giving away games.

I agree, but he adds somethings to the team without taking anything away - I rarely see him harm us in a game, and although he has a propensity to disappear on the wings occasionally, that's diminished over time. Furthermore, he has 1-2 flashes of individual brilliance seemingly every game, and when you consider his age, that's a pretty good harbringer in my mind. I could see him pairing with Shelvey for an elite midfield within 2-3 years time.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm

donttreadonred wrote:

Let's not forget that Henderson is still only 21 years of age. He has a long time to go before we're seeing anything close to his best. I have a feeling he'll become more influential as he matures and his confidence and experience grow.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:00 pm

I've maintained from the first couple of games he featured in that his positional sense is very good.

TBH, he is basically a little better than Lucas was when he came. They are both a bit versatile though; and that allows our coaches to mold them into certain types of players.

I think his journey over the next couple of years with us is going to be great. Definitely has a lot of the basics down well. i.e positioning, tracking, passing, crossing, etc.

A definite keeper as far as I'm concerned and a great bit of business.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 am

His one touch pass into space :bow: :bow: :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:08 am

Been impressed with him all season. Including his first game against his former and beloved club. He reminds me a lot like Lucas when he first arrived, but has settled in a lot quicker. He didn't have to adjust to a new country though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down