ErPupone
JAY-Z
Patrick Bateman
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Atalanta - AS Roma - Page 2 Empty Re: Atalanta - AS Roma

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Cagliari,Siena and now Atalanta,why u not change tactics when playing away from home LE ? Mad

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Well one positive Is we get to see Gabbiadini future Italy star show his worth here for 20 mins.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Cassetti off as well Laughing :facepalm:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 pm

what a travesty of a match

why do referees have to keep *bleep* us
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Why did Osvalldo got red carded? I dont understand that:/

..im dissapointed, again.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 pm

story of the life of being an AS Roma fan
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:52 pm

D'amato being a douche again. No surprise there.

Apart from that, we were really poor today. Atalanta did what every team does to us away from home....hit us hard on the counter and take their chances. Possession football means nothing to them as they use the ball much ore effectively than we do.

German Denis, Guido Marilungo and Luca Cigarini all had excellent games today. It was Cigarini particularly who was responsible for Pjanic's poor game today...never gave him a moments rest and constantly picked the ball off of him.

Now for the derby we will be without Gago, Cassetti and Osvaldo. Gago is our biggest loss, but overall we should be able to cope.

I suggest we all forget about this match as quickly as possible. I know I will.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 pm

'De Rossi was late'
By Football Italia staff

Roma have officially confirmed Daniele De Rossi “was late for a meeting and Luis Enrique would not forgive him. The rules are clear.”

There was confusion when De Rossi was spotted in the stands of today’s 4-1 defeat to Atalanta, amid reports he had arrived only a few minutes late for this morning’s team meeting.

“De Rossi was late for a meeting and the rules are clear,” director of sport Walter Sabatini told Roma Channel.

“Luis Enrique would not forgive him for this lateness, as everyone has to respect the rules. The club agreed with this decision, because this is the Roma we want, even if it comes through unpopular decisions.”

It was also reported that De Rossi was furious until he had a meeting with director Franco Baldini.

“Daniele was late, the Coach has always said there are rules that nobody can transgress,” confirmed Baldini on RAI Sport.

“What’s really disappointing is that it happened to a player who usually keeps others in check.

“Did the lad take it well? I challenge anyone to take that well. I can understand it might seem difficult to accept this decision, but we have often talked about this.

“The Coach always asked for absolute respect on these few rules. It already happened in Florence with Daniel Osvaldo. Our Coach always thinks about the long term for the squad rather than short-term convenience and this will eventually bear fruit.”

The 4-1 defeat to Atalanta had a sting in the tail, though, as Osvaldo and Marco Cassetti were sent off, while Fernando Gago was booked, so they will be suspended for next week’s derby with Lazio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luis Enrique :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm all for a manager wanting to keep everyone in check, giving no speical treatment etc,but was it really necessary to do this he's our best player ffs without him we suck thats the truth and without Totti it was always going to be a difficult test but not playing DDR was just gifting Atalanta the 3 points.He could've easily let him play and punished him after with a fine or something.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Luis Enrique did nothing wrong. DDR broke the rules and was punished for it.

I completely agree with both Sabatini and Luis Enrique in this, irrespective of how DDR could've helped us today on the pitch.

LE simply made an example out of him like he did Osvaldo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Couple of minutes late.. idiotic. If it would have been like hours or something I would have unterstanded.. but this.. just wrong.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Doesn't matter whether it's minutes or hours....rules are rules. DDR knew this and didn't honor it.

Again, Luis Enrique was right to leave him out.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 am

Stek was still a beast in this game despite conceding 4, defence was atrocious though.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 am

This was Fiorentina - Roma version 2. Firstly, though I'm not looking for excuses, Damato is a shit referee and I hope never to see his face again. He screwed us out of a scudetto and in two games this season, he's shown us 5 red cards. Today, I honestly did not understand what the hell was going on. Osvaldo got red carded for a trip up off the ball (a yellow would be fine if it was intentional). Then Cassetti with a straight red for protesting, something which many other players did this match as well, Atalanta's whole team did it at half-time. I would really like to know what it was that Cassetti said which was so unacceptable.

Now, onto the game, we sucked. No De Rossi and/or no Totti means no victory for us. We are still very dependent on these two players and it really shows. Only Stekelenburg gets away with no criticism for this one, since he really couldn't do more than what he did.

As for the decision to leave De Rossi out, I like that the staff and management are not reserving any special treatment for anyone and are demanding that rules be respected. However, this one might have been a bit extreme, maybe a fine would have been enough. If not, he could've been left on the bench and not sent to the stands.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 am

It was certainly extreme, but it would be hypocritical if LE had let DDR off in this situation. It would undermine his authority as the coach of this team. He came in here and laid down clear rules. How would the players look on him if he himself went back on his own rules? Looking at the big picture here, this was as necessary for DDR and the team as it was for Luis Enrique.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:20 am

McLewis wrote:It was certainly extreme, but it would be hypocritical if LE had let DDR off in this situation. It would undermine his authority as the coach of this team. He came in here and laid down clear rules. How would the players look on him if he himself went back on his own rules? Looking at the big picture here, this was as necessary for DDR and the team as it was for Luis Enrique.

I completely agree with the rules being the same for everyone. However, there are explanations for everything which must be considered as well. As someone said on the Domenica Sportiva tonight, it could be that De Rossi was just looking for his hotel slippers before going down to the meeting.

I'm completely on board with laying down the rules and demanding they be respected. Enrique understandably considers the pre-match technical meeting to be an important part of the team's preparation for each match. He therefore takes anyone's lateness as being a sign of that person not being prepared for the match. This is all fine. But, the decision that was made to leave De Rossi in the stands seems a little harsh to me. Like I said, a fine or making him start on the bench instead of being in the starting 11 might have been enough.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:26 am

The decision is harsh but I don't think it's the end of the world. If everyone know that not even DDR is safe then everyone will make their best to be on time. If Enrique doesn't do that he loses authority within the institution since there's precedent (I 100% believe Osvaldo would've bitched and moaned otherwise). He didn't have another choice.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:40 am

Either way, looking at how the opposition was organized and how we played today, I still think we would've lost even with De Rossi in the lineup. It probably would not have been 4-1, but a loss either way. The lack of creativity when Totti is absent is really worrying. Lamela is not ready to take up that trequartista role just yet, I personally prefer him more advanced or out wide. Pjanic is a better fit atm, but then our midfield would be noticeably weaker.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 pm

The loss hurts more since Napoli, Lazio and Udinese all won their respective matches.
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:30 am

McLewis wrote:Luis Enrique did nothing wrong. DDR broke the rules and was punished for it.

I completely agree with both Sabatini and Luis Enrique in this, irrespective of how DDR could've helped us today on the pitch.

Really?
The man is some minutes late & u feel the best thing is to not playing him regardless of the outcome or the fact that Roma is in a tug of war for European spot this season...
Enrique is quite ok because if he fails at Roma or not...he can go back to Spain & be Pep's sidekick
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:36 am

Cotes wrote:
McLewis wrote:Luis Enrique did nothing wrong. DDR broke the rules and was punished for it.

Really?
The man is some minutes late & u feel the best thing is to not playing him regardless of the outcome or the fact that Roma is in a tug of war for European spot this season...
Enrique is quite ok because if he fails at Roma or not...he can go back to Spain & be Pep's sidekick

Doesn't matter what I think. Luis Enrique made his choice and he made his point. No one is above anyone else in the locker room. It was the right message to send. DDR's presence would not have saved us from a loss anyway.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 am

You guys are far too inconsistent
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Gazzetta are saying De Rossi was actually quite late. Other rumors came out saying De Rossi exchanged text messages with Panucci in which he bashes the coach, but Panucci denied it and they even showed Baldini the messages that they sent each other. Baldini then came out and said that what the media came up with was a complete fabrication, putting an end to those stories.

Whatever happened, happened. Luis Enrique has few rules, as he said, but they must be respected. This coach has balls and I don't mind that. Now, we move on.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 am

chaval wrote:You guys are far too inconsistent

tell me about it. it's been that way for a while now, even before the new ownership and new coach
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2